Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Landing - which documents do I need to present to Immigration Officer?

Landing - which documents do I need to present to Immigration Officer?

Old May 9th 2009, 7:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

AllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of light
Default Landing - which documents do I need to present to Immigration Officer?

Hi all,

Title self explanatory.

Has anyone landed recently? If so, what documents do you need to present to the IO, as I am landing next Friday and am getting paranoid that I don't have everything I need.

Thank you!
Old May 9th 2009, 11:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

z030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Landing - which documents do I need to present to Immigration Officer?

Originally Posted by AllyS
Hi all,

Title self explanatory.

Has anyone landed recently? If so, what documents do you need to present to the IO, as I am landing next Friday and am getting paranoid that I don't have everything I need.

Thank you!
Hi,

Hopefully this will help

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resourc...section-02.asp
Old May 10th 2009, 11:59 am
BE Enthusiast

AllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Landing - which documents do I need to present to Immigration Officer?

1) Essential documents
When you travel to Canada, you will need to have the following documents with you:

a Canadian immigrant visa and Confirmation of Permanent Residence for each family member travelling with you;
a valid passport or other travel document for each family member travelling with you;
two copies of a detailed list of all the personal or household items you are bringing with you; and
two copies of a list of items that are arriving later.
Note: The lists should state how much your personal and household items are worth.

You must also bring with you enough money to cover living expenses such as rent, food, clothing and transportation for a six-month period. You may be asked to show proof of your funds.
Do not pack your documents in a suitcase. You will need to have them available to show to immigration and customs officials.

TIP >
Make two copies of these lists — one for you to keep and one for the Canada Customs officer. You can get the Canada Border Services Agency form for this purpose from the Internet at http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publicati...et/10-eng.html.

2) Important documents
Depending on your personal situation, you should bring the following important documents with you to Canada:

birth certificates or baptismal certificates;
marriage certificates;
adoption, separation or divorce papers;
school records, diplomas or degrees for each family member travelling with you;
trade or professional certificates and licences;
letters of reference from former employers;
a list of your educational and professional qualifications and job experience (this is also called a résumé);
immunization, vaccination, dental and other health records for each family member;
driver’s licence, including an International Driver’s Permit;
photocopies of all essential and important documents, in case the originals get lost (be sure to keep the photocopies in a separate place from the originals); and
car registration documents (if you are importing a motor vehicle into Canada).
TIP >

Thank you for your response.

Please can someone confirm with respect to 1) Essential Documents.

I am 'landing' on May 15th and spending 2 weeks only in Canada; therefore, do I only need to bring 1) Essential Documents this time round?? This iminent trip is only a reccie and so we are not bringing our worldly goods until Jan 2010 (See below).

My husband (by that point) and I will be moving to Canada properly in Jan 2010. Therefore I would need to bring 2) Important Documents.

Pleas could you confirm whether this is the case.

Thank you!