Landing

Old Jan 3rd 2008, 1:46 pm
Forum Regular

Spoons1961 is a jewel in the roughSpoons1961 is a jewel in the roughSpoons1961 is a jewel in the roughSpoons1961 is a jewel in the rough
Default Landing

We have our Visa's and need to land before they expire. However, it is unlikely that we will have the house sold and possessions ready to take with us. Can someone clarify what we need to do regarding the disclosure forms as we will need to land and then return to sort out our affairs. As such we have no idea what we will be taking with us and when.

the form asks us to declare what we have with us and what is to follow and appear to be required as part of the landing process.
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 4:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

MarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Landing

Put everything you own on the 'goods to follow' form then you can take whatever you decide to take later.
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 5:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

newshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond repute

As above. This is exactly what we did just last week - there's an adobe form in one of the threads that you can download and we filled it in with what amounts to an inventory of everything in our UK home with an estimated value. On landing, I went through to customs and they took copies and stamped ours and that was it. Only those goods listed on the GTF forms will be duty free when imported.

See post 13 on this thread:
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=441759

And of course, read the wiki

Last edited by newshoney; Jan 3rd 2008 at 5:39 pm. Reason: adding the thread link
Old Jan 4th 2008, 12:16 pm
Forum Regular

Raymate has much to be proud ofRaymate has much to be proud ofRaymate has much to be proud ofRaymate has much to be proud ofRaymate has much to be proud ofRaymate has much to be proud ofRaymate has much to be proud ofRaymate has much to be proud ofRaymate has much to be proud ofRaymate has much to be proud ofRaymate has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by MarkG
Put everything you own on the 'goods to follow' form then you can take whatever you decide to take later.
This is what I did, if you list everything then it's no big deal if you dont end up shipping it.
Old Jan 4th 2008, 4:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

MarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Raymate
This is what I did, if you list everything then it's no big deal if you dont end up shipping it.
I wish I had; there are a few things I didn't list because I didn't expect to bring them over, and now I'm thinking that I probably should bring them at some point! At least they're old and/or cheap so I shouldn't have to pay much duty if I do get charged.