Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Landed this year? Received PR card?

Landed this year? Received PR card?

Old Jul 27th 2016, 11:43 pm
Forum Regular

Gazzae is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Landed this year? Received PR card?

Hi All,

Has anyone who has landed this year received their PR card yet? If you have were new photos requested and what was the time between sending in the new photos and receiving the PR card?

My story is landed Feb 6th. CIC requested new photos on 18th May and I sent the photos on the 23rd May.

Thanks
Old Jul 28th 2016, 3:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

withabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Landed this year? Received PR card?

We were asked for replacement photos for my daughter's PR Card, as she Landed with a COPR that had been issued using the old smaller photos, which they stopped accepting in November when they changed to the new spec PR Card.

They received the new photos on 19th May and we received the PR Card exactly 2 months later, so I expect yours should turn up any day now.
Old Jul 28th 2016, 5:09 pm
Forum Regular

johntheScot has a reputation beyond reputejohntheScot has a reputation beyond reputejohntheScot has a reputation beyond reputejohntheScot has a reputation beyond reputejohntheScot has a reputation beyond reputejohntheScot has a reputation beyond reputejohntheScot has a reputation beyond reputejohntheScot has a reputation beyond reputejohntheScot has a reputation beyond reputejohntheScot has a reputation beyond reputejohntheScot has a reputation beyond repute

landed may 25 got my pr card july 25 . 2 months

I would expect 2 months from them getting the photos to that would be about now.
Old Jul 28th 2016, 6:04 pm
Forum Regular

llysmabley is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Gazzae
Hi All,

Has anyone who has landed this year received their PR card yet? If you have were new photos requested and what was the time between sending in the new photos and receiving the PR card?

My story is landed Feb 6th. CIC requested new photos on 18th May and I sent the photos on the 23rd May.

Thanks
Decision Made and request for 2 photos on May 12th. Due to lack of communication from LVO after sending several emails, asked MP's office to help. They were told 'while LVO are not saying they did not received photos, they could not locate them'. Sent duplicate photos on July 7th just in case. Today phoned MP's office who found out that they have not acknowledged receipt of the 2nd lot of photos (sent registered so know they were received)! So from May 12th to today it has been 11 weeks. Medical about to expire, had to re-apply for visitor/Dual Intent - another $100, and no reply to any of the several emails sent to London.

Will keep my fingers crossed that your wait is not as long!