Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

LANDED FINALLY!!!! great experience

LANDED FINALLY!!!! great experience

Old May 5th 2005, 10:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Ibraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to all
Default Re: LANDED FINALLY!!!! great experience

First great Conratulations to aman,

Regarding your questions, if you applied through Damascus office here is my experience as I applied to the same office:
1- I applied about 2 years before you did
2- Not a lot of questions, mainly the officer asked me why I chose immigration to Quebec, whats my work experience and my qualification, finally about the funds I have
3- interview can be in french or english in my case it was in french although I speak english better but the officer wanted to evaluate my french level, so if you claim good french language then you should expect a lot of french during the interview, otherwise you will be alright.
4- The officer was very friendly and helpful, the whole interview took about 10 minutes, he was determined to give me CSQ, so I felt relaxed during the interview, I suppose this is because I was the only person he interviewed that day as skilled worker (the rest were family class and non french speaking), in my opinion if you show him interest in quebec and french language everything will be alright.
5- mine took 20 months, I received my CSQ during the interview, and once received everything else will be superfast compared to other skilled workers (average for New Delhi office 6 months from date of visa application)
hope this helps, if you need anything else feel free to ask

Originally Posted by nilesh867
Hi everyone,

I'm a mechanical engineer from India.

I have applied for immigration to Quebec under 'occupation in demand category'. I have also received my file no. nearly a year ago ( i.e. in April-2004) And since then I'm eagerly awaiting my interview call. I have recently completed my level 1 of french studies from Alliance Francaise de Bombay, as it is one of the primary requirements to have at least a basic knowledge of french.

1)Is there any one who has got the file no. in this category around the same period as I have??
2)Secondly I want to know what is generally asked at the time of interview if any one has been thru this??
3)Whether the interview is extensively taken in French or do they allow to converse in english??
4) How is the overall approach of the visa officers at the time of interview (freindly/ linient or strict) ??
5) And last but not the least, how long it takes generally to receive an interview call after one gets his file no.?? In my case it is being said that my field (mechanical engineering) is in great demand in Quebec so my case will be put on the fast track by the Quebec officials.

I would greatly appriciate to get my queries answered.
Old May 5th 2005, 10:49 am
Every day is a new day...

amancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boyee
Welcome home Amy.. .. I am so glad things have gone well for you. LOl.. By the way.. I am the next province over from you.. New Brunswick. so I guess we are neighbours. LOL..

boyee
Thanks boyee!
I guess things are going right for u guys too.. wats happening now?? did u make a decision abt ur future step?
I hope its going cool for u guys and u have come on a consensus..
Old May 5th 2005, 2:03 pm
Forum Regular

Boyee will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by amancharan
Thanks boyee!
I guess things are going right for u guys too.. wats happening now?? did u make a decision abt ur future step?
I hope its going cool for u guys and u have come on a consensus..
Well things are hard and very stressful, but we are determind to not give up. We are checking into a few possibilities and will know more next week. please pray we get a positive response.

Boyee
Old May 6th 2005, 10:41 am
Every day is a new day...

amancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boyee
Well things are hard and very stressful, but we are determind to not give up. We are checking into a few possibilities and will know more next week. please pray we get a positive response.

Boyee
hope it goes fine for u both
Old May 6th 2005, 11:13 am
Forum Regular

webgirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrat! Enjoy Canada and best of luck!
Old May 6th 2005, 1:19 pm
Premium Member

Tiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of light

Fantastic news Amy!!! I am so pleased that you had a lovely landing experience and that all is well. Enjoy your new life.
Old May 6th 2005, 3:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

cryout is on a distinguished road

Congrats Ama!

everything will be fine with your new life...just face it with optimistic attitude and spirit of adventure!

kind regards