Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

LANDED FINALLY!!!! great experience

Wikiposts

LANDED FINALLY!!!! great experience

Old May 2nd 2005, 3:43 pm
Every day is a new day...

amancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond repute
Talking LANDED FINALLY!!!! great experience

hi guys;
so, I am in Canada now.... with my wife
i had a pretty pleasant flight and a very coooooool experience of landing!!!!

when i landed in Montreal, we were asked to proceed towards the customs, where obvioulsy we have to declare if we have anything which they wanna see....
After that, it was the immigration; the immigration officer was sooo nice and he asked me by himself, "do u have any mistakes or anything on anything?" Well; i had a little name problem and I got it fixed.. I was so releived after and now my PR card would arrive in abt 6 weeks' time! they say 6 weeks, but I guess, its normally faster than that.
I proceeded to Quebec immigration after and they have booked me for an appointment on next monday! just to make people aware of some stuff, I guess..
SO, I am canadian PR now....
Thanks Andrew/Jim and others for ur great help....
Best wishes to all in the process....

Last edited by amancharan; May 2nd 2005 at 4:01 pm.
Old May 2nd 2005, 4:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Maple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: LANDED FINALLY!!!! great experience

Originally Posted by amancharan
hi guys;

when i landed in Montreal, we were asked to proceed towards the customs, where obvioulsy we have to declare if we have anything which they wanna see....
After that, it was the immigration; the immigration officer was sooo nice and he asked me by himself, "do u have any mistakes or anything on anything?" Well; i had a little name problem and I got it fixed.. I was so releived after and now my PR card would arrive in abt 6 weeks' time! they say 6 weeks, but I guess, its normally faster than that.
I proceeded to Quebec immigration after and they have booked me for an appointment on next monday! just to make people aware of some stuff, I guess..

~*~*~*woo hooo **~*~~* welcome to CANADA**~**~~
Old May 2nd 2005, 4:37 pm
I'm a girl, dagnabbit! :)

Wannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud of

Congrats! Enjoy Montréal, it's an amazing city.
Old May 2nd 2005, 6:58 pm
Forum Regular

canucker is a jewel in the roughcanucker is a jewel in the roughcanucker is a jewel in the roughcanucker is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Wannabe
Congrats! Enjoy Montréal, it's an amazing city.

Congratulations!!! Cheers.
Old May 3rd 2005, 2:13 am
Finally it happened

pattu has a spectacular aura aboutpattu has a spectacular aura aboutpattu has a spectacular aura about

Congratulations and best wishes for your future endeavours.
Old May 3rd 2005, 2:58 am
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations, Welcome to canada...better be worth the wait eh!
Old May 3rd 2005, 3:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Majj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really nice

hi guys;

Conratulations to you!! All the best.
Old May 3rd 2005, 4:34 am
Forum Regular

Cashew is on a distinguished road

Congratulations!
Old May 3rd 2005, 3:47 pm

amancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cashew
Congratulations!
Thanks alot u guys....
Old May 3rd 2005, 4:23 pm

Thanks alot u guys....
Just opened my bank account with Scotia Bank.. I guess its alrite??
any comments?
Old May 3rd 2005, 10:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

Belated congrats to you!

Mr B has also chosen Scotiabank - they've been extremely helpful with him. I'm sticking with HSBC for now.
Old May 4th 2005, 1:49 am
Just Joined

nilesh867 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone,

I'm a mechanical engineer from India.

I have applied for immigration to Quebec under 'occupation in demand category'. I have also received my file no. nearly a year ago ( i.e. in April-2004) And since then I'm eagerly awaiting my interview call. I have recently completed my level 1 of french studies from Alliance Francaise de Bombay, as it is one of the primary requirements to have at least a basic knowledge of french.

1)Is there any one who has got the file no. in this category around the same period as I have??
2)Secondly I want to know what is generally asked at the time of interview if any one has been thru this??
3)Whether the interview is extensively taken in French or do they allow to converse in english??
4) How is the overall approach of the visa officers at the time of interview (freindly/ linient or strict) ??
5) And last but not the least, how long it takes generally to receive an interview call after one gets his file no.?? In my case it is being said that my field (mechanical engineering) is in great demand in Quebec so my case will be put on the fast track by the Quebec officials.

I would greatly appriciate to get my queries answered.
Old May 5th 2005, 7:40 am
keep checking....

mhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to all

Just opened my bank account with Scotia Bank.. I guess its alrite??
any comments?
Congrats.....................

So happy for you
Old May 5th 2005, 8:40 am

Originally Posted by mhhp

So happy for you
The stopover in Munich was cool mhhp....
stayed there for almost 2 hours; but it was pretty warm, compared to rainy and cold montreal
Lufthansa was nice; but I was pretty appalled to see that they dont provide TV facilities on the front of ur seats!!!!
but the overall thing was nice....
Old May 5th 2005, 8:41 am
Forum Regular

Boyee will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by mhhp

So happy for you
Welcome home Amy.. .. I am so glad things have gone well for you. LOl.. By the way.. I am the next province over from you.. New Brunswick. so I guess we are neighbours. LOL..

boyee

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.