Landed... all is well

Old Dec 19th 2007, 6:28 pm
Forum Regular

Raymate has much to be proud ofRaymate has much to be proud ofRaymate has much to be proud ofRaymate has much to be proud ofRaymate has much to be proud ofRaymate has much to be proud ofRaymate has much to be proud ofRaymate has much to be proud ofRaymate has much to be proud ofRaymate has much to be proud ofRaymate has much to be proud of
Default Landed... all is well

Well I landed yesterday in Toronto.

On the way over put just my name and addresses on the landing card as I figured it will not apply to me. Then I landed and it went like this:

1. (2 mins) Got to the first line of people to show normal landing card, I was third in line, told the guy I was landing with visa and all my papers, he said the normal landing card does not really apply but putting my name and address with flight details was the right thing to do. So do this part as you fly over.

2. (3 mins) Was directed to the immigration Q in the room behind the first batch or immigration officers, was first in line, then called over and was ask for my landing form and passport, he asked where I was staying and signed a couple of things, then he welcomed me to Canada and sent me to the guys in the red coats to be handed my welcome pack and free bag (I should hope so as it costs me hundred of pounds to do this process)

3. (40 mins) Left the immigration room and this enters the luggage carousels, waiting for ages. Got my case and left the exit and told the person I was landing. Then I was directed to customs.

4. (15 mins) Saw the customs officer who asks for my "to follow" list, I had already done a summary using the forms listed on this forum. It was two pages and was typed, I also did one that listed the contents of my two suitcase that was will me. I also had a detailed list as I have packed all my stuff before I left (105 boxes) the detailed list had box number and contents, she said it was the detailed list that was most helpful. I had the option to do the paper work at this point or come back to the airport another day. I said lets do it all now. She stamped and the papers and signed a few thing, she took copies of the list. The only thing I didnt do was I listed on the form my stuff and approx value but didnt add it all up, so she did this for me. The figure was entered into the system I was sent over to the cashier who did an official document. And that was it. Exit out to the public entrance and left the airport.

So it takes longer to get your bags than to pass immigration.

Next is to sort out health care and my card number thing so I can work.

Job done, duration around 11 months from prepping then sending paper work, medicals etc to getting visa and at a cost of almost £5000 this includes shipping my stuff in a 20ft container (not done this yet but in a few weeks)
Old Dec 19th 2007, 7:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

live to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Landed... all is well

Congrats and thanks for listing your experience.
Old Dec 19th 2007, 7:54 pm
Forum Regular

Peter Lowestoft will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Raymate

On the way over put just my name and addresses on the landing card as I figured it will not apply to me. Then I landed and it went like this:

1. (2 mins) Got to the first line of people to show normal landing card, I was third in line, told the guy I was landing with visa and all my papers, he said the normal landing card does not really apply but putting my name and address with flight details was the right thing to do. So do this part as you fly over.

2. (3 mins) Was directed to the immigration Q in the room behind the first batch or immigration officers, was first in line, then called over and was ask for my landing form and passport, he asked where I was staying and signed a couple of things, then he welcomed me to Canada and sent me to the guys in the red coats to be handed my welcome pack and free bag (I should hope so as it costs me hundred of pounds to do this process)

3. (40 mins) Left the immigration room and this enters the luggage carousels, waiting for ages. Got my case and left the exit and told the person I was landing. Then I was directed to customs.

4. (15 mins) Saw the customs officer who asks for my "to follow" list, I had already done a summary using the forms listed on this forum. It was two pages and was typed, I also did one that listed the contents of my two suitcase that was will me. I also had a detailed list as I have packed all my stuff before I left (105 boxes) the detailed list had box number and contents, she said it was the detailed list that was most helpful. I had the option to do the paper work at this point or come back to the airport another day. I said lets do it all now. She stamped and the papers and signed a few thing, she took copies of the list. The only thing I didnt do was I listed on the form my stuff and approx value but didnt add it all up, so she did this for me. The figure was entered into the system I was sent over to the cashier who did an official document. And that was it. Exit out to the public entrance and left the airport.

Job done, duration around 11 months from prepping then sending paper work, medicals etc to getting visa and at a cost of almost £5000 this includes shipping my stuff in a 20ft container (not done this yet but in a few weeks)
I hope to land in Toronto on 18/01/08. I hope the same staff are on duty.
Congrats and good luck.
Old Dec 19th 2007, 7:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

emmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud of

Congratulations and good luck with everything. I have made a note of everything you have stated and will be looking around the forum for the 'to follow' lists etc. Bet you have a white Christmas. Enjoy
Old Dec 19th 2007, 8:03 pm
Forum Regular

Raymate has much to be proud ofRaymate has much to be proud ofRaymate has much to be proud ofRaymate has much to be proud ofRaymate has much to be proud ofRaymate has much to be proud ofRaymate has much to be proud ofRaymate has much to be proud ofRaymate has much to be proud ofRaymate has much to be proud ofRaymate has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by emmabell
Congratulations and good luck with everything. I have made a note of everything you have stated and will be looking around the forum for the 'to follow' lists etc. Bet you have a white Christmas. Enjoy
Thank you... cant remember the thread but it's the B4A (05) form.

It will be white
Old Dec 19th 2007, 8:03 pm
Forum Regular

Thumbs up Re: Landed... all is well

Thank you all for your comments

Happy Xmas to you all
Old Dec 19th 2007, 11:16 pm
Analyst for hire

Ben W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond repute

So where abouts in Toronto are you? We're right beside the Rogers Centre downtown.
Old Dec 19th 2007, 11:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Raymate;5685851]sent me to the guys in the red coats QUOTE]

Congrats on landing, and at least they were men in red coats
Old Dec 20th 2007, 12:24 am
BE Forum Addict

maddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations!
Old Dec 20th 2007, 12:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

Well done, glad it went smoothly for you
Old Dec 20th 2007, 12:56 am
Forum Regular

nagajara is on a distinguished road

Congrats!! We landed in Toronto in August. We didn't get a welcome pack or see any red men!!!

What is in it? What did I miss?
Old Dec 20th 2007, 12:59 am
BE Forum Addict

live to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nagajara
Congrats!! We landed in Toronto in August. We didn't get a welcome pack or see any red men!!!

I'd ask for a refund
Old Dec 20th 2007, 7:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Raymate

Congrats, thanks for the breakdown, its great to hear the datails when you are this side and waiting to go,
wish you a fab christmas, all the best for 2008

cheers sue
Old Dec 20th 2007, 7:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nagajara

Ditto is that just in Toronto, will we get a welcome from red coats in Ottawa
Old Dec 20th 2007, 1:40 pm

Member123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations on the smooth landing.

Have a wonderful first Christmas in Canada

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.