Landed!

Old Sep 19th 2006, 5:09 pm
Missing my family so much

H143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud of
Default Landed!

I landed yesterday evening!!

All went well at immigration. You get to queue up and listen to people getting an absolute grilling and then getting hauled off into rooms and the presumably put back on a plane (I'm guessing these were people entering illegally, not landing!! ). Then it was my turn and I just handed over the form and passport and she asked whether I had any police convictions etc, how much money I had on me and then took my photograph. That was about it. I didn't have to show proof of funds but I have an AEO job offer so that might be why.

After all that fuss I made about what to put for customs, they didn't even look at my list! They just asked what might be following, as I've lived in Canada already, and when I said my mum was bringing some clothes, they just marked it no goods to follow.

If anyone has questions about landing, feel free to ask. When I go get my SIN and PR card I'll post the procedures on here too.

Hayley
Old Sep 19th 2006, 5:44 pm
Forum Regular

drwoodsy is just really nicedrwoodsy is just really nicedrwoodsy is just really nicedrwoodsy is just really nicedrwoodsy is just really nicedrwoodsy is just really nicedrwoodsy is just really nicedrwoodsy is just really nicedrwoodsy is just really nice
Default Re: Landed!

Originally Posted by H143
I landed yesterday evening!!

All went well at immigration. You get to queue up and listen to people getting an absolute grilling and then getting hauled off into rooms and the presumably put back on a plane (I'm guessing these were people entering illegally, not landing!! ). Then it was my turn and I just handed over the form and passport and she asked whether I had any police convictions etc, how much money I had on me and then took my photograph. That was about it. I didn't have to show proof of funds but I have an AEO job offer so that might be why.

After all that fuss I made about what to put for customs, they didn't even look at my list! They just asked what might be following, as I've lived in Canada already, and when I said my mum was bringing some clothes, they just marked it no goods to follow.

If anyone has questions about landing, feel free to ask. When I go get my SIN and PR card I'll post the procedures on here too.

Hayley
Not envious at all that you will be up in Whistler this winter!!
Old Sep 19th 2006, 8:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond repute

Great stuff Hayley, nice to hear that some of this process is relatively painless
Old Sep 19th 2006, 9:22 pm
Just Joined

Wannago is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations, Hayley! May your dreams come true in Canada.
Old Sep 19th 2006, 11:11 pm
Ontario

Sutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to behold

All happy for you bud even though a bit < green.......

Glad it went well at the airport......Enjoy your new LIFE