Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Landed 03.03.11 - still no PR card!?

Landed 03.03.11 - still no PR card!?

Old May 9th 2011, 1:52 pm
Forum Regular

chobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nice
Default Landed 03.03.11 - still no PR card!?

Hi all,

As the title states, I landed at Halifax on 3rd March and was told my PR card would be sent out within 30 days. It hasn't arrived yet

I'm back in the UK while we wait for our house to sell so we used a relatives address. Upon checking on the CIC website, it states 30 working days for the PR card however that deadline has also now passed. There hasn't been any other kind of correspondence either such as notification regarding problems with my photo etc...

There is a number given on the paperwork (and elsewhere on another thread) however that can't be called from outside of Canada - therefore does anyone have any other suggestions or should I stop worrying and just be more patient!?
Old May 9th 2011, 1:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Near Colchester, Essex hoping to go to Port Moody, BC
singingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Landed 03.03.11 - still no PR card!?

Originally Posted by chobert
Hi all,

As the title states, I landed at Halifax on 3rd March and was told my PR card would be sent out within 30 days. It hasn't arrived yet

I'm back in the UK while we wait for our house to sell so we used a relatives address. Upon checking on the CIC website, it states 30 working days for the PR card however that deadline has also now passed. There hasn't been any other kind of correspondence either such as notification regarding problems with my photo etc...

There is a number given on the paperwork (and elsewhere on another thread) however that can't be called from outside of Canada - therefore does anyone have any other suggestions or should I stop worrying and just be more patient!?
We got our son's in 30 days and letters saying the other three photos hadn't been accepted around 30 days after that. Hope this is not the case for you. Were your photos the new, smaller size?
Old May 10th 2011, 8:52 am
Forum Regular

Des and Chris is an unknown quantity at this point

We landed in Toronto in October last year and still haven't received our PR cards. We received a leetr in January stating are photos were not acceptable. We sent new ones out at the beginning of March. It looks like our PR cards have finally arrived today at our friends address in Canada.
Old May 10th 2011, 10:09 am
Forum Regular

chobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nice

Thanks for the replies folks. I need to check to see what size photos I originally submitted (although there haven't been any issues with them so far?) ... perhaps I'll get the dreaded letter rather than the PR card ... a waiting game either way though I suppose.
Old May 10th 2011, 11:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Near Colchester, Essex hoping to go to Port Moody, BC
singingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by chobert
Thanks for the replies folks. I need to check to see what size photos I originally submitted (although there haven't been any issues with them so far?) ...
The photos we submitted at the beginning were acceptable for the whole process (ie meds, COPR form etc), but the PR card photos only are now a different, smaller face height. We didn't know about the change which happened around the end of last year. Having said that, our son's photo was the same size as ours, but for some reason his got through and ours didn't. You might still be lucky.