Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Kenney on about scrapping the backlog....

Wikiposts

Kenney on about scrapping the backlog....

Old Mar 10th 2012, 6:52 am
Forum Regular

bigals is just really nicebigals is just really nicebigals is just really nicebigals is just really nicebigals is just really nicebigals is just really nicebigals is just really nicebigals is just really nicebigals is just really nicebigals is just really nicebigals is just really nice
Default Re: Kenney on about scrapping the backlog....

Originally Posted by Auld Yin
Exactly the same responses to articles about UK immigration in that country's media.
yes very true ,just cant keep anyone happy these days
Old Mar 10th 2012, 10:00 am
BE Enthusiast

sdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nice

By "backlog" its not clear to what he is refering.
Pre MI1 or is he talking pre MI1 and MI1?

Would be interesting, as MI1 was Kennys first move as immigration minister, to try to legislate that away would be admiting he cant get it right!

*edit*

I presume its pre MI1 as in Feb 2012 the parliment comitee investigating the backlog was told:

Department officials told the Committee that CIC received more applications than anticipated under MI-1 and that a new backlog of 140,000 applications was formed.17 The 2011 Annual Report to Parliament on Immigration indicates that the Department aims to have this backlog cleared up within two years based on additional Ministerial Instructions as outlined in paragraphs to follow.
http://www.parl.gc.ca/Content/HOC/Co...MM_Rpt02-e.pdf

Last edited by sdo1982; Mar 10th 2012 at 10:10 am.
Old Mar 10th 2012, 11:42 am
Forum Regular

yu mama is an unknown quantity at this point

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/departm...2012-03-07.asp
Old Mar 10th 2012, 9:02 pm
Forum Regular

99problems will become famous soon enough99problems will become famous soon enough

At least Kenney acknowleges the backlog as unfair. What I don't understand is why they don't just set a quota for each category and first come first served until next year's quota opens. They are also clearly under resourced and (what really upsets me..) is if a country has its visa office closed because of concerns about corruption then they should just bar all applications from that country or process them from Canada itself. its unfair on UK based applicants to dilute their timeline by moving other countries' fraud ridden systems into UK processing. The most distressing thing of all is that the FSW scheme is supposed to be economically beneficial to Canada - my ar*e.
Old Mar 11th 2012, 3:52 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

They are resourced for their target and not for the number of applications actually submitted. A quota system would help for the future and they have a kind of one in force now. It does not really help with the backlog though, except perhaps to keep it from worsening.
Old Mar 11th 2012, 10:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

sdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nice

Retrospective application of the rules is the best solution i could think of.
Last week in BC i often struggled to order a coffee or fast food as the people working in these places could not understand english, nor french (I did have a go in my best "allo, allo" accent, i was getting so frustrated at one place!)
IMO language differences leads to segregation, that leads to resentment and eventually you have the situation that we have in the UK. Now Canada to its credit seems to have managed the immigration situation quite well over the years in this respect, however it could be on the cusp.
I think scrapping the entire backlog is just wrong, how many nurses, doctors etc, (i.e.. people who are on the new list) are sat waiting? Why should they have to re apply? However I don't think it is such a morally or politically "big deal" to say XX points or below, sorry we can't accommodate you in our economy.
I am aware that the retrospective application was challenged a few years ago, however I don't know how that would affect a change made today.
Old Mar 12th 2012, 2:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Waggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
They are resourced for their target and not for the number of applications actually submitted. A quota system would help for the future and they have a kind of one in force now. It does not really help with the backlog though, except perhaps to keep it from worsening.
But the capping system for FSW1 has been decreasing (20,000 for 2010/2011, only 10,000 for 2011/2012). Therefore unless they have also been having their resource, this should increasingly give them the ability to eat through some of the backlog.

Wayne.
Old Mar 12th 2012, 2:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Waggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by sdo1982
Retrospective application of the rules is the best solution i could think of.
Last week in BC i often struggled to order a coffee or fast food as the people working in these places could not understand english, nor french (I did have a go in my best "allo, allo" accent, i was getting so frustrated at one place!)
IMO language differences leads to segregation, that leads to resentment and eventually you have the situation that we have in the UK. Now Canada to its credit seems to have managed the immigration situation quite well over the years in this respect, however it could be on the cusp.
I think scrapping the entire backlog is just wrong, how many nurses, doctors etc, (i.e.. people who are on the new list) are sat waiting? Why should they have to re apply? However I don't think it is such a morally or politically "big deal" to say XX points or below, sorry we can't accommodate you in our economy.
I am aware that the retrospective application was challenged a few years ago, however I don't know how that would affect a change made today.

I think if CIC failed to fairly assess and give me due process on the service I had paid for, I would look to not only be demanding a full refund of the processing fees, but also:

1) Return of the compound interest profit CIC had made on my fees during all those years
2) Costs of document notarization, PCCs, IELTS tests and any other application costs I had incurred during the entire time of my application.

If CIC would cancel my application then they should return ALL of the costs incurred. Times that by 300,000 - and we're talking a lot of money. And the moment one person takes CIC to court, and wins, there is precedent for the other 299,999.....

Then of course there is the greyer area of costs as a result of putting life on hold whilst waiting for the decision for 3,4,5,6,7 years, only to be scrapped. People waiting all this time deserve, and are entitled to be, processed.

Wayne.
Old Mar 12th 2012, 3:35 am
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sdo1982
I have lived for for the best part of thirteen years and have never had the slightest problem ordering a coffee or fast food. Immigrants from non English speaking countries learn to speak and understand Canadian English so might struggle with British regional accents. Maybe it is your accent that is the problem?
Old Mar 12th 2012, 8:01 am
Banned

fletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Waggle
I think if CIC failed to fairly assess and give me due process on the service I had paid for, I would look to not only be demanding a full refund of the processing fees, but also:

1) Return of the compound interest profit CIC had made on my fees during all those years
2) Costs of document notarization, PCCs, IELTS tests and any other application costs I had incurred during the entire time of my application.

If CIC would cancel my application then they should return ALL of the costs incurred. Times that by 300,000 - and we're talking a lot of money. And the moment one person takes CIC to court, and wins, there is precedent for the other 299,999.....

Then of course there is the greyer area of costs as a result of putting life on hold whilst waiting for the decision for 3,4,5,6,7 years, only to be scrapped. People waiting all this time deserve, and are entitled to be, processed.

Wayne.
IMO, small price to pay to get rid of a whinging pom! Get over yourself for christsake. Wait your turn or reapply. I am so fed up of reading your views, I think everyone knows how you feel about it. Give it a bloody rest!
Old Mar 12th 2012, 9:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by fletcher m
IMO, small price to pay to get rid of a whinging pom! Get over yourself for christsake. Wait your turn or reapply. I am so fed up of reading your views, I think everyone knows how you feel about it. Give it a bloody rest!
Bang out of order! The point is we have been waiting our turn and yet people are getting to cut in line.
There are a LOT of very frustraited, worried and down right frightened people here discussing what could happen, and looking for reassurance, help and support, a little sensitivity would not go amiss!
Old Mar 12th 2012, 9:34 am
Banned

fletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud of

Public forum, my opinion. Waggle has been banging on about this for ages, the point that I had not realised is that he has landed! There has been plenty of people on the wrong side of a decision, I hope you get your wish and manage to get to Canada, but I suspect many won't have any say in what happens to them, unless of course you choose the TWP PNP and PR or you get in through PR with the lucky 29 skills. Stop moaning and do something about it. Doing nothing is likely to lead to you going nowhere. fletch
Old Mar 12th 2012, 11:11 am
BE Enthusiast

YoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeYoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeYoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeYoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeYoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeYoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeYoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeYoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeYoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeYoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeYoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kiwilass
The voters don't care, trust me.
And, indeed, why should they?
Old Mar 12th 2012, 11:19 am
BE Enthusiast

YoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeYoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeYoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeYoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeYoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeYoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeYoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeYoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeYoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeYoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeYoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond repute

Public forum, my opinion. Waggle has been banging on about this for ages, the point that I had not realised is that he has landed! There has been plenty of people on the wrong side of a decision, I hope you get your wish and manage to get to Canada, but I suspect many won't have any say in what happens to them, unless of course you choose the TWP PNP and PR or you get in through PR with the lucky 29 skills. Stop moaning and do something about it. Doing nothing is likely to lead to you going nowhere. fletch
If you look at his timeline, Waggle appears to be already here!
Old Mar 12th 2012, 11:19 am
Forum Regular

yu mama is an unknown quantity at this point

It is a public forum and you are intitled to your opinion, but maybe some people may feel more stressed than you do and might be doing something about it for all you know, but calling them a whinging pom isn't the way to go when we are on here to help one another...(you're obviously not a Brit!!)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.