Just Wondering

Old Mar 17th 2005, 12:02 pm
Forum Regular

Boyee will become famous soon enough
Default Just Wondering

I am wondering.. I have heard that there is more than one person who looks at your application at the visa office. My question is who makes the decision for the interview.. how many hands looks at our application to make the decision and is that person the same one who interviews you?

This is bugging me.. LOL Our application is in the CHC New Delhi. I am thinking about what gardengirl said about her husband being interviewed by an indian visa officer. I believe that is wrong. I mean no disrespect. But if I was going to immigrate to India I wouldnt be expecting a Canadian to interview me since that canadian has a western way of thinking. so If you are going to Canada shouldnt that person be interviewed by a person who is canadian and knows canadian culture? Let that canadian descide if that Indian man or woman (or any nationality for that matter) is able to adapt to that society not someone who already has a culutural thinking that is not canadian. Since after all that person is going to canada and chances are that officer who is not canadian might not have ever stepped foot into canada to even know what life is like here first hand.
gets off the soap box.. and quietly sits down with hands folded on her lap.

boyee
Old Mar 17th 2005, 4:07 pm
Every day is a new day...

amancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Just Wondering

Originally Posted by Boyee
I am wondering.. I have heard that there is more than one person who looks at your application at the visa office. My question is who makes the decision for the interview.. how many hands looks at our application to make the decision and is that person the same one who interviews you?

This is bugging me.. LOL Our application is in the CHC New Delhi. I am thinking about what gardengirl said about her husband being interviewed by an indian visa officer. I believe that is wrong. I mean no disrespect. But if I was going to immigrate to India I wouldnt be expecting a Canadian to interview me since that canadian has a western way of thinking. so If you are going to Canada shouldnt that person be interviewed by a person who is canadian and knows canadian culture? Let that canadian descide if that Indian man or woman (or any nationality for that matter) is able to adapt to that society not someone who already has a culutural thinking that is not canadian. Since after all that person is going to canada and chances are that officer who is not canadian might not have ever stepped foot into canada to even know what life is like here first hand.
gets off the soap box.. and quietly sits down with hands folded on her lap.

boyee
I think u are right boyee!! I am of the view that the interviewees should be interviewed by a canadain national. but i does not happen always!!
on the other hand, there is just one visa officer who will assess ur file (though it goes through the clerk's and fr the initial checking). that visa officer is responsible fr making a decision on ur file. 95% of the times, the visa officers are sure of the decision that is to be made!
anyways, i suppose ur interview is coming near
best of luck
Old Mar 17th 2005, 4:09 pm
Forum Regular

Boyee will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by amancharan
I think u are right boyee!! I am of the view that the interviewees should be interviewed by a canadain national. but i does not happen always!!
on the other hand, there is just one visa officer who will assess ur file (though it goes through the clerk's and fr the initial checking). that visa officer is responsible fr making a decision on ur file. 95% of the times, the visa officers are sure of the decision that is to be made!
anyways, i suppose ur interview is coming near
best of luck

Yes its on the next week .. the 23rd.. I am a nervous wreck.. We are not very hopeful since its conjugal.. Everyone says not to worry, but I dont want false hopes..
but thanks for the luck LOL
Old Mar 17th 2005, 4:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

How do you guys know what citizenship someone holds by the colour of their skin, the language they speak, where they've grown up or what their accent is? You may never in a million years think I was Canadian if you met me and heard me speak...

Biiiiink
Old Mar 17th 2005, 4:27 pm
Every day is a new day...

amancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boyee
Yes its on the next week .. the 23rd.. I am a nervous wreck.. We are not very hopeful since its conjugal.. Everyone says not to worry, but I dont want false hopes..
but thanks for the luck LOL
dont worry!
if they have made a class as conjugal class, then obviously, its fr some reason!! u have to prove alot, but that does not diminish ur chances!
cheer up
hope fr the best
Old Mar 17th 2005, 4:42 pm
Forum Regular

dawnwynne has a brilliant futuredawnwynne has a brilliant futuredawnwynne has a brilliant futuredawnwynne has a brilliant futuredawnwynne has a brilliant futuredawnwynne has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Biiiiink
How do you guys know what citizenship someone holds by the colour of their skin, the language they speak, where they've grown up or what their accent is? You may never in a million years think I was Canadian if you met me and heard me speak...

Biiiiink
So that's not your pic?? This is not really me either

Totally agree...Canada is made up of numerous cultures...that's the beauty of it!

Last edited by dawnwynne; Mar 17th 2005 at 4:45 pm.
Old Mar 19th 2005, 9:20 am
keep checking....

mhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to all

Originally Posted by dawnwynne
This is not really me either
Not :scared: :scared: :scared:

Now I am completely disillusioned