Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Just received AEO...a few questions?

Wikiposts

Just received AEO...a few questions?

Old Mar 3rd 2009, 12:35 am
Forum Regular

goodpikey has a brilliant futuregoodpikey has a brilliant futuregoodpikey has a brilliant futuregoodpikey has a brilliant futuregoodpikey has a brilliant futuregoodpikey has a brilliant futuregoodpikey has a brilliant future
Default Just received AEO...a few questions?

hi folks,
i'm very new to the forum.
i applied for PR in April 2007.
i just received a posotive AEO from my old employer in Canada.
i am in the process of getting this added to my file. (online form and post)
i was wondering if anyone has done a similar thing of adding an AEO to an existing application and what the outcome of this was?

should i expect my application to be processed much quicker now i have the AEO?

any info is greatly appreciated.
many thaks
Old Mar 5th 2009, 8:31 am
Forum Regular

goodpikey has a brilliant futuregoodpikey has a brilliant futuregoodpikey has a brilliant futuregoodpikey has a brilliant futuregoodpikey has a brilliant futuregoodpikey has a brilliant futuregoodpikey has a brilliant future
Default Re: Just received AEO...a few questions?

anybody??
Old Mar 6th 2009, 8:38 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Goodpikey,

Sorry that nobody has replied to this thread! Guess that not many have gone down this route.

If you have a look at the Wiki (on blue bar at the top of the page), then I believe that there is a Wiki article about Fasttracking PR applications with a job offer so have a hunt for that which should answer your questions.

Yes, it will definitely speed things up but you were probably almost at the end of the process anyway so shouldn't think it'll make that much difference.

But have a read of the Wiki and that should help with any questions.

Best of luck and congrats on getting the AEO!
Old Mar 20th 2009, 1:47 pm
mahharrouf

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Hi Goodpikey,

Sorry that nobody has replied to this thread! Guess that not many have gone down this route.

If you have a look at the Wiki (on blue bar at the top of the page), then I believe that there is a Wiki article about Fasttracking PR applications with a job offer so have a hunt for that which should answer your questions.

Yes, it will definitely speed things up but you were probably almost at the end of the process anyway so shouldn't think it'll make that much difference.

But have a read of the Wiki and that should help with any questions.

Best of luck and congrats on getting the AEO!
How and in which category did you get AEO? would you like to share with us? AEO probably speed up your application but not at all offices. Depend on your visa office.

Old Mar 20th 2009, 7:30 pm
Forum Regular

i got my AEO as a lanscaping supervisor/foreman.
i worked in canada for a year in 2005/6. it was always my intention to return under PR.
i didn't realise until just a few months ago you could get arranged employment from outside canada. i contacted my past employer who was always keen to have me back, i explained the process and he was more than happy to do whatever he could to get me back there asap.

i only wish i had known two years ago i could have gotten AEO, as i probably would have been back there already!!

i was originally in canada on a bunac work visa for one year. i had hoped to extend it after the year but was told by immigration canada it wasn't possible so i had to leave on rather short notice with the intention of getting back there as PR.

i think the easiest way to get an AEO is definately to try and get to canada on something like a short term visa (BUNAC in UK) and get a job. you can really prove yourself to an employer in a year!!

anything else just ask!