Just a quick Check

Old Aug 10th 2010, 11:15 am
Just Joined

Diddley1969 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Just a quick Check

just a quick check with people about a landing myself and my family will make in Canada in Sept.

We are staying with a friend in Toronto for about 2 weeks just to see if this is the place we want to live so we are treating our landing as a holiday. Can I confim a few things

Proof of funds: I take it a statement from a UK bank account and a usable cash card (for use in Canada) is sufficient here.

Vacination cert: Is this required for a such a shotrt stay?

Goods with me: Will I need to provide details of my luggage given that we are taking it back when we return.

Goods to follow: What level of detail do I need to go to on this? it is likely to change once we do come over perminently.

Have I forgotton anything?

Thanks

Leigh
Old Aug 10th 2010, 11:30 am
BE Forum Addict

lins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Just a quick Check

Hi
Exciting times eh?
Proof of funds should be fine
Vaccination Certs only needed for children and a a must for getting them into school
I would make a list roughly of what you are landing with. X Jeans, X Tops, X Pairs of shoes, toileries etc

I would also make a list of what you will be taking with you. If you are using a shipping company, they will supply a list, but I know you will have landed before then. So do a rough one and offer to forward a copy of the packing list prior to your arrival, if they want one.

Yes...you have forgotten to BREATHE!!!!!!!
Good luck with your landing
lol
Stef
Originally Posted by Diddley1969
just a quick check with people about a landing myself and my family will make in Canada in Sept.

We are staying with a friend in Toronto for about 2 weeks just to see if this is the place we want to live so we are treating our landing as a holiday. Can I confim a few things

Proof of funds: I take it a statement from a UK bank account and a usable cash card (for use in Canada) is sufficient here.

Vacination cert: Is this required for a such a shotrt stay?

Goods with me: Will I need to provide details of my luggage given that we are taking it back when we return.

Goods to follow: What level of detail do I need to go to on this? it is likely to change once we do come over perminently.

Have I forgotton anything?

Thanks

Leigh
Old Aug 10th 2010, 2:52 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Diddley1969
Have a look in the Wiki as there is an article on this which will be useful. You need to make it as comprehensive as possible and include everything that you think you may bring (it doesn't matter if you don't bring everything on the list, but you can't add anything to it at a later date).

Re: the proof of funds, I'd take three months statements just in case they ask you to prove where the money has come from.

Good luck!
Old Aug 10th 2010, 3:28 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by lins and Stef McLachlan
Hi
Exciting times eh?
Proof of funds should be fine
Vaccination Certs only needed for children and a a must for getting them into school
I would make a list roughly of what you are landing with. X Jeans, X Tops, X Pairs of shoes, toileries etc

I would also make a list of what you will be taking with you. If you are using a shipping company, they will supply a list, but I know you will have landed before then. So do a rough one and offer to forward a copy of the packing list prior to your arrival, if they want one.

Yes...you have forgotten to BREATHE!!!!!!!
Good luck with your landing
lol
Stef
Thank you Stef, yes nearly there, it has taken an age.
Old Aug 10th 2010, 3:29 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Have a look in the Wiki as there is an article on this which will be useful. You need to make it as comprehensive as possible and include everything that you think you may bring (it doesn't matter if you don't bring everything on the list, but you can't add anything to it at a later date).

Re: the proof of funds, I'd take three months statements just in case they ask you to prove where the money has come from.

Good luck!
Many thanks for your reply, cheers.