Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Just about to submit PR... payment..!!!

Wikiposts

Just about to submit PR... payment..!!!

Old Apr 16th 2009, 11:18 pm
Just Joined

MAS1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Just about to submit PR... payment..!!!

Hello all..
I've been gathering my papers for weeks and weeks now, and I'm finally ready.. BUT now I've read my application is to be sent to the Centralized Intake Office Sydney NS.. !!!! and I think I just read that I don't sent my completed application for there either now.. but a smaller version..!! have I read this right..??

And my question was going to be..
They will only except "certified cheques, bank draft, or money order" in Canadian dollars... where do I get these from..??
I've tried my bank... and no reply ... SO HOW DO I PAY..?? can't pay online..!!

Can anybody shed any light on just which way I'm suppose to submit my PR papers...???
I have got everything from
Permanent residency, to Police checks and settlement funds, all ready to be posted to Centralized Intake Office Sydney NS..

Please advise.. I know.. it's seems alot of questions right..?? and by now going through this you'd think I should know everything right..??

My heads buzzing...!!!!!
Cheers
Mark
Old Apr 16th 2009, 11:30 pm
Forum Regular

rufus2000 is just really nicerufus2000 is just really nicerufus2000 is just really nicerufus2000 is just really nicerufus2000 is just really nicerufus2000 is just really nicerufus2000 is just really nicerufus2000 is just really nicerufus2000 is just really nicerufus2000 is just really nice
Default Re: Just about to submit PR... payment..!!!

Hi

We went into our bank and asked for a international bankers draft. You have to fill in a form and then they order it for you. We then collected it the next day and sent it off with our paperwork.

Helen

Charge to do it was £18

Originally Posted by MAS1
Hello all..
I've been gathering my papers for weeks and weeks now, and I'm finally ready.. BUT now I've read my application is to be sent to the Centralized Intake Office Sydney NS.. !!!! and I think I just read that I don't sent my completed application for there either now.. but a smaller version..!! have I read this right..??

They will only except "certified cheques, bank draft, or money order" in Canadian dollars... where do I get these from..??

Can anybody shed any light on just which way I'm suppose to submit my PR papers...???
Permanent residency, to Police checks and settlement funds, all ready to be posted to Centralized Intake Office Sydney NS..

Please advise.. I know.. it's seems alot of questions right..?? and by now going through this you'd think I should know everything right..??

My heads buzzing...!!!!!
Cheers
Mark
Old Apr 16th 2009, 11:30 pm
Edo
BE Forum Addict

Edo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond repute

Hello all..

My heads buzzing...!!!!!
Cheers
Mark

If you are going through the Skilled Worker route and sending your forms to Syndey then you only have to send the 4 forms (5 if you are using a representative). No proofs required at this stage apart from the biodata page of your current passport. Once your application gets initial acceptance then they will ask you to send detailed documentation to the Canadian consulate in your country.

And yes, fees have to be paid in CAD$ and your bank or the post office should be able to help with that. Unfortunately, you cant pay online if you live outside Canada.
Old Apr 16th 2009, 11:42 pm
Just Joined

Ok Edo,

I've found the "Document checklist - Centralized Intake Office"

Thank you.. and yes I'll be going through "Federal Skilled Worker Glass"

Mark
Old Apr 16th 2009, 11:53 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by rufus2000
Hi

We went into our bank and asked for a international bankers draft. You have to fill in a form and then they order it for you. We then collected it the next day and sent it off with our paperwork.

Helen

Charge to do it was £18
Thank you Helen..

Back to the Bank then..

Thank you taking time to reply

Mark
Old Apr 17th 2009, 12:17 am

purple80 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes you have read correctly, just follow the instructions on the checklist, all the forms go in, no supporting evidence (photo's etc) unless you are claiming something like AEO and on WP in Canada already.

Once everything has been assessed at the CIO and if all is correct they will write to you and tell you to send full application to which ever visa processing centre you chose.

International bankers draft, if you are still in the UK, in Canada you would be able to do the certified cheque.

Our appplication went via courier to Sydney today, good luck.

Charlie
Old Apr 17th 2009, 8:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Alphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to behold

Thank you Helen..

Back to the Bank then..

Thank you taking time to reply

Mark
Hey Mark

To a fellow Rotherham lad, can't fault ya for trying to leave this all behind. I'm about to send off forms too but my bank Halifax couldn't help me so I've been told to go to an international bank such as HSBC or Barclays, I'm off to HSBC on Monday to hopefully get things sorted, good luck pal!!!
Where you heading for anyway??
Old Apr 18th 2009, 3:11 am
BE Forum Addict

joinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mags1972
Hey Mark

To a fellow Rotherham lad, can't fault ya for trying to leave this all behind. I'm about to send off forms too but my bank Halifax couldn't help me so I've been told to go to an international bank such as HSBC or Barclays, I'm off to HSBC on Monday to hopefully get things sorted, good luck pal!!!
Hi Mags1972
We used the Halifax Bank twice now for 2 bankers drafts we needed for oury Canadian appplications, I just went to my nearest branch and ordered the draft at the counter ( made out in CAD $ ) you can collect it at branch or have it posted to your home address takes about the same time 3 - 4 days . They do charge about £15 for the draft , but told me if I had any problems with the bankers draft to return it for a refund ( at current exchange rate )
I only sent processing fee to NS Sydney first of all which was $1100 for me and my girlfriend , I'm now about to sent my 120 day letter & supporting documents to London with our PR Fee which is $980 for the two of us .

regards
joinerboy

Old Apr 18th 2009, 3:28 am
Forum Regular

MarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to all

I can't add much to what everyone else has said, except to sympathise that it is really complicated.

Some people with lots of experience repeat that you have to read all the instructions carefully because all the information is there. That's right, but there's a lot to take in and some of it is counterintuitive.

As others have said, you need to submit all of your forms to Sydney, but no supporting documents. You do need to send your fee though, and most big banks will be able to arrange a bank draft. I use First Direct, which is part of HSBC, and if you call in the morning they will put it in the post the same day, otherwise it's next day. They charge £20.
Old Apr 18th 2009, 5:29 am
Forum Regular

rufus2000 is just really nicerufus2000 is just really nicerufus2000 is just really nicerufus2000 is just really nicerufus2000 is just really nicerufus2000 is just really nicerufus2000 is just really nicerufus2000 is just really nicerufus2000 is just really nicerufus2000 is just really nice

Yeah we used Barclays by the way

Helen
Hey Mark

Old Apr 18th 2009, 7:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Cdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of light

am I reading this right, as we live in UK we cannot pay online?
We are doing spousal, now I have canadian bank account and canadian credit cards, why can I not use these online?

We are submitting in 2 weeks, I just assumed we could pay online.
Old Apr 18th 2009, 7:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Alphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by joinerboy
Hi Mags1972
We used the Halifax Bank twice now for 2 bankers drafts we needed for oury Canadian appplications, I just went to my nearest branch and ordered the draft at the counter ( made out in CAD $ ) you can collect it at branch or have it posted to your home address takes about the same time 3 - 4 days . They do charge about £15 for the draft , but told me if I had any problems with the bankers draft to return it for a refund ( at current exchange rate )
I only sent processing fee to NS Sydney first of all which was $1100 for me and my girlfriend , I'm now about to sent my 120 day letter & supporting documents to London with our PR Fee which is $980 for the two of us .

regards
joinerboy

Thanks bud, just rung Halifax and they've just told me to go into a main branch and they'll deal with it, the local branch either couldn't be bothered or just didn't deal with it.
Old Apr 18th 2009, 8:29 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by Cdnshaz
am I reading this right, as we live in UK we cannot pay online?
We are doing spousal, now I have canadian bank account and canadian credit cards, why can I not use these online?

We are submitting in 2 weeks, I just assumed we could pay online.
You can, since your sponsorship and application are going to Mississauga.
Old Apr 18th 2009, 8:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Cdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of light

Thank you
Old Apr 18th 2009, 10:13 am
BE Forum Addict

joinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks bud, just rung Halifax and they've just told me to go into a main branch and they'll deal with it, the local branch either couldn't be bothered or just didn't deal with it.
Hi mags1972
Glad to be of help , hope things get sorted for you
Regards
Joinerboy

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.