Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

June/July 05 AOR Meds? (SW, London)

June/July 05 AOR Meds? (SW, London)

Old Oct 26th 2007, 8:45 pm
Forum Regular

shahzadandkelly is just really niceshahzadandkelly is just really niceshahzadandkelly is just really niceshahzadandkelly is just really niceshahzadandkelly is just really niceshahzadandkelly is just really niceshahzadandkelly is just really niceshahzadandkelly is just really niceshahzadandkelly is just really nice
Default Re: June/July 05 AOR Meds? (SW, London)

Ahem......

Just wanted to add a fourth post in a row and to say hey folks...

We may all be arriving about the same kind of time.

How coooooooooooooeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelllllllllllllllll lllllllllllllllllllllllllllll!

K

Now onto another thread
Old Oct 27th 2007, 1:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

lins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dreamon
Hi Bonsai

It is our understanding from our immigration consultant, that once meds have been completed and taking into account no probs, that the PPR should follow in approx 4-6 wks but that they have a maximum timeframe of 3 months to respond. The CHC are so purpose to act more quickly after the meds as the PR visa has 12 months validity from date of medicals and NOT date of issue of visa. However, as we know from experience the CHC appear to break these guidelines on a regular basis.

Quite understand your position. I was in a job with a 12 month contract which completed at the end of July '07. I could have stayed on a month by month basis, but made the mistake of thinking that because we'd rec'd our 90day letter at beg of April, that we would be moving within a couple of months and therefore the time at home would help in getting relocation plans sorted (we also completed on the sale of our house at the end of July). How wrong can you be :curse: Three months on and still no word on meds

I know the word from the CHC is that you should not make any irreversible plans until you have your visas, but this is ok in theory but not necessarily so in practice. This is a lifechanging decision after all

Oh well another week over, another week with no word, positive thinking for next week
Hi
If you are fed up with hanging around home, you could always get an agency job in a different area so that you would have maybe a new skill to take with you, and some money too. At least with agency work you don't need to give much notice and you are then in control of what you do and when.
Good luck whatever you decide to do.
Stef and Lins
Old Oct 28th 2007, 8:36 pm
Forum Regular

Bonsai will become famous soon enough

Thanks Folks,

I dont feel quite as shackled as I did.

SHAZANDKELLY - Are you going to Ottawa?
Old Oct 28th 2007, 9:03 pm
Forum Regular

shahzadandkelly is just really niceshahzadandkelly is just really niceshahzadandkelly is just really niceshahzadandkelly is just really niceshahzadandkelly is just really niceshahzadandkelly is just really niceshahzadandkelly is just really niceshahzadandkelly is just really niceshahzadandkelly is just really nice

Originally Posted by Bonsai
Thanks Folks,

I dont feel quite as shackled as I did.

SHAZANDKELLY - Are you going to Ottawa?
Hi Bonsai

We'll be landing in Toronto.... eventually.

Then travelling around for approx 6 months until we find somewhere where we really want to settle. We literally have absolutely no plans

I guess we will probably end up on the West coast where it's a little warmer.

K
Old Oct 28th 2007, 9:33 pm
Forum Regular

Bonsai will become famous soon enough

K,

We have been to Toronto, Vancouver and Ottawa. They all have plusses and minuses it will be very much a personal choice. With 6 months for travelling you will undoubtedly find what is right for you.

Lets hope we all get there soon..
Old Oct 30th 2007, 10:22 pm
Visa Feb 2008,

Andrea&Mark is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: June/July 05 AOR Meds? (SW, London)

Originally Posted by Bonsai
K,

We have been to Toronto, Vancouver and Ottawa. They all have plusses and minuses it will be very much a personal choice. With 6 months for travelling you will undoubtedly find what is right for you.

Lets hope we all get there soon..

Hi
We are looking at Ottawa more seriously now as it is where the most work is for hubby, We are planning a reccie out there next year.
Andrea
Old Nov 18th 2007, 2:10 pm
Forum Regular

ndugu will become famous soon enoughndugu will become famous soon enough

Is there anybody with July 2005 AOR who has received their med requests recently? or is there anybody still waiting for it? I think it is a bit overdue???
Thanks,
Ndugu
Old Nov 18th 2007, 2:52 pm
Forum Regular

fi816 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ndugu
Is there anybody with July 2005 AOR who has received their med requests recently? or is there anybody still waiting for it? I think it is a bit overdue???
Thanks,
Ndugu
Hi, no such luck. Our timscales are the same as yours. I have read that a few people are starting to get theirs though. Hoping to get ours in the next week or so.

keeping our fingers crossed.

Fi
Old Nov 18th 2007, 4:26 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Fi. Fingers crossed for all of us sailing in the same boat. Considering that a few applicants with Aug 2005 AOR have already received theirs, ours should come soon.
Ndugu
Old Nov 18th 2007, 6:48 pm
Forum Regular

dreamon will become famous soon enoughdreamon will become famous soon enough

Hi Guys

Just to let you know that the CHC work on the date the application was filed and not your AOR date.

We are one of the lucky ones, we received our med req last Tuesday via our agent. I have contacted the CHC several times regarding our application status, given the 90 day estimation in their request for to update info. After their initial timeframe of 3-4 months, which then went to 5 months from returning info to getting notification of application outcome. Once this timeframe passed I contacted them again as we entered the 6th month and rec'd an email on the 5th Nov advising that our application was in the final stages of assessment and would receive our med reqs within 3 wks. To that timeframe they have kept to!!

Hoping that news will follow very soon for all those applicants in a similar timeline to ourselves.
Sue
Old Nov 18th 2007, 8:24 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Sue
Our application was lodged in the beginning of June 2005 and the date of AOR is 26 July 2005. CHC received the relevant updates on 3 May 2007. So in two weeks, it will be 7 months. How did you contacted CHC? If by e-mail, can you tell me which one? I sent an e-mail today to [email protected] (the first time I contacted them).
Many thanks
Old Nov 18th 2007, 8:34 pm
Forum Regular

Molson 03 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ndugu
Hi Sue
Our application was lodged in the beginning of June 2005 and the date of AOR is 26 July 2005. CHC received the relevant updates on 3 May 2007. So in two weeks, it will be 7 months. How did you contacted CHC? If by e-mail, can you tell me which one? I sent an e-mail today to [email protected] (the first time I contacted them).
Many thanks
We applied in early May 05 and received an AOR date of 25th July. We received our medical requests in early Nov (dated 24th Oct). If they work on the basis on when you apply rather than AOR date (which would make sense), then you may have another couple of weeks. This does of course assume that they are working on a equal time basis i.e. apply 1 week later and receive med requests 1 week later - which may not be the case as there were loads of people applying at that time!

Our update letter was dated early March 07, so we too waited several months after we sent the updates back. I seem to remember the letter does say that they will contact you after 90 days (?).

It'll come soon, perhaps you could start researching the cost and timescales for meds, as we found quite a difference in both cost and wait time. I'd recommend Nottingham if it's in your neck of the woods. Very friendly and helpful (and cheaper than many others!!).

Best of luck.
Old Nov 18th 2007, 10:05 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Molson 3. Thank you very much for the invaluable information. Nottingham is one of the closest.
Old Nov 19th 2007, 10:18 am
Forum Regular

dreamon will become famous soon enoughdreamon will become famous soon enough

Hi ndugu

Yes, I did contact them on that email first directly from my yahoo email, at the beginning of Oct and didn't get a response. So next time I used the email form link from their website, which can be found by links from the 'contact us' page.

Our application was also filed at the beginning of Jun '05, so hopefully you won't have to wait too long now. However, I also took the opportunity during the waiting time in September to ring round my nearest DMPs, to find out what their costs where for the meds and how soon it would be for an appointment. The prices appeared to vary dramatics between them and from reading various threads the service you receive also. We wanted to get our meds done asap, so we are travelling from Preston, Lancs to Newcastle tomorrow .

Hope this helps. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you, and pray that the postman brings you some good news soon.
Old Nov 19th 2007, 6:14 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks a lot Dreamon. I'll wait a couple days. If there is still no reply then I'll try the e-mail on the "contact us" page. Good luck with with medicals

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.