July 04 AOR

Old Feb 28th 2006, 12:42 pm
Forum Regular

Jibba has much to be proud ofJibba has much to be proud ofJibba has much to be proud ofJibba has much to be proud ofJibba has much to be proud ofJibba has much to be proud ofJibba has much to be proud ofJibba has much to be proud ofJibba has much to be proud ofJibba has much to be proud ofJibba has much to be proud of
Default July 04 AOR

Hi all,

Now that March is on our doorstep, I was wondering if anyone with a July 04 AOR has received request for medicals?

Thanks,

Jibba
Old Feb 28th 2006, 2:22 pm
Happily hungover

1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: July 04 AOR

Originally Posted by Jibba
Hi all,

Now that March is on our doorstep, I was wondering if anyone with a July 04 AOR has received request for medicals?

Thanks,

Jibba
No, only a letter saying I should be 'Processed' by the end of March 2006....makes me feel like a cabbage!

[AOR 20th July 2004]
Old Feb 28th 2006, 3:21 pm
TLB
Forum Regular

TLB is a jewel in the roughTLB is a jewel in the roughTLB is a jewel in the roughTLB is a jewel in the roughTLB is a jewel in the rough

Hi all,

Thanks,

Jibba
Blimey!!! You're hoping!!! What confidence you seem to have in this system. I have seen tons and tons of people as far back as March 04 still waiting for med and passport requests. I'm June 04 and have been to CHC in the hope of being given some form of timeline but with no luck I'd like a pound for everyone between March and July still waiting, I'd be able to buy a business over there with the proceeds!! It'll come eventually, I hope every day something will be there, waiting for me when I get home from work - I should get a dog!! Join the rest of us - waiting.

Tracey
Old Feb 28th 2006, 3:54 pm
Forum Regular

Snowdrift has a brilliant futureSnowdrift has a brilliant futureSnowdrift has a brilliant futureSnowdrift has a brilliant futureSnowdrift has a brilliant futureSnowdrift has a brilliant future

Hi all,

Thanks,

Jibba
No , nothing yet although someone in a recent thread with July 04 AOR (May 04 submission) did receive a medical request 3 or 4 weeks ago so , hey , you never know may hear something soon.
Old Feb 28th 2006, 6:12 pm
Forum Regular

Jibba has much to be proud ofJibba has much to be proud ofJibba has much to be proud ofJibba has much to be proud ofJibba has much to be proud ofJibba has much to be proud ofJibba has much to be proud ofJibba has much to be proud ofJibba has much to be proud ofJibba has much to be proud ofJibba has much to be proud of

On the contrary, I suppose I’m trying to stay positive and hope it all starts to move forward. I was basically hoping to hear some good news from someone else.

Originally Posted by TLB
Blimey!!! You're hoping!!! What confidence you seem to have in this system. I have seen tons and tons of people as far back as March 04 still waiting for med and passport requests. I'm June 04 and have been to CHC in the hope of being given some form of timeline but with no luck I'd like a pound for everyone between March and July still waiting, I'd be able to buy a business over there with the proceeds!! It'll come eventually, I hope every day something will be there, waiting for me when I get home from work - I should get a dog!! Join the rest of us - waiting.

Tracey
Old Feb 28th 2006, 6:30 pm
TLB
Forum Regular

TLB is a jewel in the roughTLB is a jewel in the roughTLB is a jewel in the roughTLB is a jewel in the roughTLB is a jewel in the rough

On the contrary, I suppose I’m trying to stay positive and hope it all starts to move forward. I was basically hoping to hear some good news from someone else.
Don't get me wrong - it just seems to be an endless wait to hear anything. How long can one be positive for? When you're told 18 months then you expect to hear by then, another two months down the line and still no-one tells you anything you feel disheartened with the whole thing. There is no clear pattern to any of the process - from AOR, meds and PPR to give some sort of hope. Although this is an excellent forum we're all in more or less the same boat with the same kinds of problem to air. But I do feel incredibly pleased when I see posts from people who are well on their way because one day I hope to be in the same position as them.
Old Feb 28th 2006, 7:22 pm
Forum Regular

Yeah it’s really hard. This year I’ve found the waiting pretty tough and check the mailbox with anticipate every evening. Even when the request for medicals eventually come through the waiting time is still an unknown.

Good Luck, hope you hear something soon. I think our application is only a few weeks apart from each other, so fingers crossed.

Originally Posted by TLB
Don't get me wrong - it just seems to be an endless wait to hear anything. How long can one be positive for? When you're told 18 months then you expect to hear by then, another two months down the line and still no-one tells you anything you feel disheartened with the whole thing. There is no clear pattern to any of the process - from AOR, meds and PPR to give some sort of hope. Although this is an excellent forum we're all in more or less the same boat with the same kinds of problem to air. But I do feel incredibly pleased when I see posts from people who are well on their way because one day I hope to be in the same position as them.
Old Feb 28th 2006, 8:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bsidebaby has much to be proud ofBsidebaby has much to be proud ofBsidebaby has much to be proud ofBsidebaby has much to be proud ofBsidebaby has much to be proud ofBsidebaby has much to be proud ofBsidebaby has much to be proud ofBsidebaby has much to be proud ofBsidebaby has much to be proud ofBsidebaby has much to be proud ofBsidebaby has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by 1066
No, only a letter saying I should be 'Processed' by the end of March 2006....makes me feel like a cabbage!

[AOR 20th July 2004]
Hey 1066 We are exactly the same AOR date as you - 20th July 04 with an End of March processing date.

i wonder if we'll get our meds the same day too?

We should keep in touch - where are you heading?
Old Feb 28th 2006, 8:02 pm
TLB
Forum Regular

Yeah it’s really hard. This year I’ve found the waiting pretty tough and check the mailbox with anticipate every evening. Even when the request for medicals eventually come through the waiting time is still an unknown.

Good Luck, hope you hear something soon. I think our application is only a few weeks apart from each other, so fingers crossed.
Our AOR is June 22nd and its so frustrating when you hear someone only a week or two before you were sent for their meds months ago and you think that surely you'll be contacted soon. Then on the other hand someone a couple of weeks after are being sent delay letters for either March or December, when you know for a fact that CHC are having difficulty dealing with May and June AOR's!

It's good to know that this forum brings all the same kinds of issues from all over Britain together and you know you're all in the same boat!!

Good luck, I'm sure we'll hear about each other if we keep on moaning and groaning on here!!

Tracey
Old Mar 1st 2006, 2:38 pm
Happily hungover

1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bsidebaby
Hey 1066 We are exactly the same AOR date as you - 20th July 04 with an End of March processing date.

i wonder if we'll get our meds the same day too?

We should keep in touch - where are you heading?
Hi,
To be honest, I am not too confident about being accepted at all, because I am VERY borderline on points.

My first choice was around Nanaimo, on V.Island, but the real estate is reaching silly levels there now.

Second choice is NS, probably around the Port Joli area. It mostly depends on the CHC at the moment, although I have to admit that I couldn't really care less at this stage.....if I'm accepted, fine. If I'm not, that's fine too!!
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 10:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Bsidebaby has much to be proud ofBsidebaby has much to be proud ofBsidebaby has much to be proud ofBsidebaby has much to be proud ofBsidebaby has much to be proud ofBsidebaby has much to be proud ofBsidebaby has much to be proud ofBsidebaby has much to be proud ofBsidebaby has much to be proud ofBsidebaby has much to be proud ofBsidebaby has much to be proud of

Hi,
To be honest, I am not too confident about being accepted at all, because I am VERY borderline on points.

My first choice was around Nanaimo, on V.Island, but the real estate is reaching silly levels there now.

Second choice is NS, probably around the Port Joli area. It mostly depends on the CHC at the moment, although I have to admit that I couldn't really care less at this stage.....if I'm accepted, fine. If I'm not, that's fine too!!
Oh dear you sound down in the dumps

Is it because of the long wait because if it is its nearly over now!!

As for points If there was a problem i'm sure you would have heard much earlier on about that because i found out they do a quick scan to make sure everything in order when they 1st get application so they wouldnt leave it till medicals time to check your points.

Are you going alone or with partner/children?

I must admit i am up and then down a lot at mo bit stressed out with everything suddelny about to happen this year.

have you got to sell your house yet too?

just remember why you wanted to go in the 1st place and be positive.

before the year is out we may both be there -yippee!!
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 11:04 am
Happily hungover

Originally Posted by Bsidebaby
Oh dear you sound down in the dumps ......
Not at all! It's just that my life has moved on in the past 2 years, and what seemed like a great opportunity then doesn't seem quite so appealing now.
My wife and I would both still like to live in Canada, but it has never been an all-or-nothing thing for us.

I hope you are right about the checking process, but I suspect that they just make sure that all the forms are present, and the money has been paid!

Lets hope I'm wrong.

Where are you headed for?
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 11:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Not at all! It's just that my life has moved on in the past 2 years, and what seemed like a great opportunity then doesn't seem quite so appealing now.
My wife and I would both still like to live in Canada, but it has never been an all-or-nothing thing for us.

I hope you are right about the checking process, but I suspect that they just make sure that all the forms are present, and the money has been paid!

Lets hope I'm wrong.

Where are you headed for?
We are heading for Niagara region of Ontario. Possibly St Catharines or Port Colborne - 2 very different towns.

Hey its good your life has improved here - do you mean job wise?

we cant wait to go to improve our life - its just too hard and too expensive for us here to do that.
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 3:33 pm
Forum Regular

apfairhurst has a brilliant futureapfairhurst has a brilliant futureapfairhurst has a brilliant futureapfairhurst has a brilliant futureapfairhurst has a brilliant futureapfairhurst has a brilliant futureapfairhurst has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by TLB

Tracey
Hello Tracey

When you went to the CHC, did they give you an update on your files progress and any time scales for medical requests.

Regards

Alex.
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 7:54 pm
TLB
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by apfairhurst
Hello Tracey

When you went to the CHC, did they give you an update on your files progress and any time scales for medical requests.

Regards

Alex.
Hi Alex,
We initially went to CHC to find out why things were taking so long and when the ball would start to roll. We really felt they were giving us no information whatsoever! We tried to ask all the right questions without trying to sound presumptious but were told that our application had been given it's initial review and would be dealt with in due course. I also tried to find out about the backlog and how that would affect us. The immigration officer told us he was unaware of any backlog (which we all know is untrue!!! ) and when asked if we would be receiving a delay letter he was also (conveniently!!) unaware of these!! So basically we are no further forward and have the same amount of information we had before we went! We did have a nice break in London though!!
Tracey

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.