Wikiposts

Job offer conditions

Old Sep 3rd 2004, 12:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Redwings is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Job offer conditions

I read this from the Buffalo FAQ website itself, it is stated that you can request for transfer of file from other offices to Buffalo that might take at least a couple of months.

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
There is no more file transfers on request from applicant allowed, except when it is necessary to maintain integrity of the process. So, he cannot transfer his file to Buffalo just because he wants, it doesn't work that way anymore.

You said prior to the assessment. But would they consider it after the assessment is done?? which I presumed happened??
How can he update the CIC?? Can he just send a copy of the employment letter to the CIC where he filed his PR indicating his file number? What if he just sent the HRDC letter or the Work Permit and actually physically never went inside Canada to work for some reason.

And you are also wrong about arranged employment - as long as evidence of arranged employment (proper job offer with positive opinion from HRSDC) is received by visa post prior to assessment then it will be taken into account and will not only add points but also demonstrate better ability to succeed in Canada.
Old Sep 3rd 2004, 2:25 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

Same FAQ on Buffalo website clearly state the following:

--------------------------
If your file was transferred before 28 June 2002, you should allow 3-4 months for it to arrive at its destination.

Under the new Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, we no longer transfer files.
--------------------------

Originally Posted by Redwings
I read this from the Buffalo FAQ website itself, it is stated that you can request for transfer of file from other offices to Buffalo that might take at least a couple of months.
Old Sep 3rd 2004, 5:02 am
Forum Regular

mirekj will become famous soon enoughmirekj will become famous soon enough

Mr Miller

I read a lot of posts on this and others forums.
I concluded that Arranged Employment is a proof that you have strong enough papers and qualifications and you are resourcefulness enough to get a job after landing. It doesn't matter your potential employer hire you or not. All process is just a proof for CIC, you are qualified and able to live and WORK in Canada.
Am I right a bit or not ? What is yor opinion in this matter ?
Also - one of your post contents info, that employer doesn't have to prove, there is nobody in Canada who qualify for "your" job. Is that true ? I am asking becouse Redwings' info is conflicting.
Thanks a lot

Mirek
Old Sep 3rd 2004, 7:25 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

You are only partially correct. Of course it doesn't matter if employer hires you or not after you land as a PR. But it matters that employer maintains intention to hire you through the process - if employer decides to withdraw job offer before you get your visa then CIC must be notified about it by employer.

Redwings confused you with HRSDC validation process needed for work permit application when employer wants to hire a foreign worker and must prove that no Canadian candidate was found.

What you are talking about is a job offer to hire you **after you land as a PR** - this needs only Arranged Employment Opinion from HRSDC without going through validation process.

Originally Posted by mirekj
Mr Miller

I read a lot of posts on this and others forums.
I concluded that Arranged Employment is a proof that you have strong enough papers and qualifications and you are resourcefulness enough to get a job after landing. It doesn't matter your potential employer hire you or not. All process is just a proof for CIC, you are qualified and able to live and WORK in Canada.
Am I right a bit or not ? What is yor opinion in this matter ?
Also - one of your post contents info, that employer doesn't have to prove, there is nobody in Canada who qualify for "your" job. Is that true ? I am asking becouse Redwings' info is conflicting.
Thanks a lot

Mirek