Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

waiting for pr and renewal of visitor papers

waiting for pr and renewal of visitor papers

Old Sep 3rd 2004, 6:05 am
Forum Regular

Siona is an unknown quantity at this point
Default waiting for pr and renewal of visitor papers

I applied to sponsor my husband's pr in Feb 2004 and sponsorship was approved by the end of Feb. 2004. His application is currently in progress and has been since March 12, 2004 in Buffalo. He is in Canada with me as a visitor and this expires the end of Oct. 2004. We have applied to extend his visitor's paper while he waits for pr decision. Are his chances good that he will be approved for renewal of his visitors papers given that they know he is waiting for a decision on permanent residence?

Thanks
Old Sep 3rd 2004, 7:20 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: waiting for pr and renewal of visitor papers

Yes they will normally extend visitor status while the PR application is in process.
Originally Posted by Siona
I applied to sponsor my husband's pr in Feb 2004 and sponsorship was approved by the end of Feb. 2004. His application is currently in progress and has been since March 12, 2004 in Buffalo. He is in Canada with me as a visitor and this expires the end of Oct. 2004. We have applied to extend his visitor's paper while he waits for pr decision. Are his chances good that he will be approved for renewal of his visitors papers given that they know he is waiting for a decision on permanent residence?

Thanks
Old Sep 3rd 2004, 7:28 am
Forum Regular

Siona is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: waiting for pr and renewal of visitor papers

It's good to hear. I have read some terrible things about how you shouldn't tell them you have applied for pr because of "dual intent" hence they know you are intending to stay and blah blah blah...had me a bit worried, but not rational I suppose.

I did make it clear that I would provide payment if my husband is required to "go home". But I also indicated that my husband is primary caregiver to our infant son while I work. They would have to be pretty cruel to require him to leave the country don't you think?