job offer

Old Jan 11th 2002, 5:33 am
Bill Stephen

Dear Andrew, I have been advised by various consultants/lawyers that to get a job
offer sitting out of Canada is next to impossible.They say that basically the visa
officer will be looking into job efforts put by me by applying to various placement
agencies in Canada via internet.The response which I receive from these employers
will be sufficient to convince the visa officer regarding job offer clause and to get
5 points under aptibility).Even though the response from these employers says that
they are looking in to it or asking my resident status or it says that they are
keeping my bio data in data bank or it says that I have to contact these employers
after landing in Canada.Can you pl advise regarding this.I have done my assessment
and I qualify only if I get 5 points under adaptibility clause. Thanks. Bill

Old Jan 11th 2002, 6:04 am
Andrew Miller

in message

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Jan 11th 2002, 11:28 am
Shashi Shekhar

It is certainly difficult but don't believe it is impossible - I landed into Canada
four years ago from US with a $60K written job offer from a IT company - It did take
me couple of months though. The fact that I had a valid offer and the employer was
willing to wait a month - really speeded up things with Immigration officials.

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

[usenetquote2]> > Dear Andrew, I have been advised by various consultants/lawyers that to get a job[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > offer sitting out of Canada is next to impossible.They say that basically the[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > visa officer will be looking into job efforts put by me by applying to various[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > placement agencies in Canada via internet.The response which I receive from these[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > employers will be sufficient to convince the visa officer regarding job offer[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > clause and to get 5 points under aptibility).Even though the response from these[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > employers says that they are looking in to it or asking my resident status or it[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > says that they are keeping my bio data in data bank or it says that I have to[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > contact these employers after landing in Canada.Can you pl advise regarding[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > this.I have done my assessment and I qualify only if I get 5 points under[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > adaptibility clause. Thanks. Bill[/usenetquote2]