Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Job Change AFTER PR application (Mr Miller)

Wikiposts

Job Change AFTER PR application (Mr Miller)

Old Jun 16th 2004, 10:33 am
Forum Regular

SunnySussex is just really niceSunnySussex is just really niceSunnySussex is just really niceSunnySussex is just really niceSunnySussex is just really niceSunnySussex is just really niceSunnySussex is just really niceSunnySussex is just really niceSunnySussex is just really nice
Default Job Change AFTER PR application (Mr Miller)

Hi,
Hope someone can help.
I submitted my PR application to London office September 2003.
The thing is that I am just about to change my job, so therefore wont be working at the company I put on my Application form.

Does this matter that I dont work for this company any more ?.

Do I have to update CHC with the new employer ?.

As you can understand, asking them to provide me with a letter of Reference to for an application to emigrate to Canada on my first day at the new company might not go down too well.

Thanks,
SS
Old Jun 16th 2004, 10:46 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Job Change AFTER PR application (Mr Miller)

No, it doesn't matter that you are changing the job. And you don't need to submit reference letter from new employer unless you will be asked at the end of the process for updated employment reference letters.

Originally posted by SunnySussex
Hi,
Hope someone can help.
I submitted my PR application to London office September 2003.
The thing is that I am just about to change my job, so therefore wont be working at the company I put on my Application form.

Does this matter that I dont work for this company any more ?.

Do I have to update CHC with the new employer ?.

As you can understand, asking them to provide me with a letter of Reference to for an application to emigrate to Canada on my first day at the new company might not go down too well.

Thanks,
SS
Old Jun 16th 2004, 7:30 pm
Just Joined

pardeshi is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Andrew Miller
No, it doesn't matter that you are changing the job. And you don't need to submit reference letter from new employer unless you will be asked at the end of the process for updated employment reference letters.
Mr. Miller and other Experts,

I have the same situation. I applied for PR in January, 2003 and at that time I was working in a University as a Research Fellow till November, 2003. My wife is a Ph.D. student in the same University and she is getting Scholarship. After completion of my contract, I applied at the University to get affiliation as a Visiting Researcher (Honorary post, without any Salary but you are allowed to continue your research work) and got permission. My intention was just to continue my Research Work as I have to be here to look after my family. In the meantime, I got a job offer as a lecturer from another University, and I informed them that I'll join sometime at the end of this year,as my wife would be graduated by this time, hopefully.

After the end of my contract as a Reseach Fellow, I did not inform anything to CIC Singapore. So, Mr. Miller, what should I do? Do I need to inform them about my present status (as visiting scientist), or I'll wait for their letter to provide updated employment refernce letter?

In fact, I wanted to inform them after joining my new University, not now, as my present status is not like any employment and I am not receiving any salary.

What is your opinion Mr. Miller or can anyone suggest me what to do.

BTW, I am expecting the intial assessment from CIC Singapore at anytime as mentioned in my AOR (Received in January, 2003)

Regards.
Old Jun 17th 2004, 2:34 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

Wait for request.

Originally posted by pardeshi
Mr. Miller and other Experts,

I have the same situation. I applied for PR in January, 2003 and at that time I was working in a University as a Research Fellow till November, 2003. My wife is a Ph.D. student in the same University and she is getting Scholarship. After completion of my contract, I applied at the University to get affiliation as a Visiting Researcher (Honorary post, without any Salary but you are allowed to continue your research work) and got permission. My intention was just to continue my Research Work as I have to be here to look after my family. In the meantime, I got a job offer as a lecturer from another University, and I informed them that I'll join sometime at the end of this year,as my wife would be graduated by this time, hopefully.

After the end of my contract as a Reseach Fellow, I did not inform anything to CIC Singapore. So, Mr. Miller, what should I do? Do I need to inform them about my present status (as visiting scientist), or I'll wait for their letter to provide updated employment refernce letter?

In fact, I wanted to inform them after joining my new University, not now, as my present status is not like any employment and I am not receiving any salary.

What is your opinion Mr. Miller or can anyone suggest me what to do.

BTW, I am expecting the intial assessment from CIC Singapore at anytime as mentioned in my AOR (Received in January, 2003)

Regards.
Old Jun 17th 2004, 1:05 pm
Just Joined

pardeshi is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Mr. Miller.