time for AOR

Old Jun 17th 2004, 2:57 am
Just Joined

darkja is an unknown quantity at this point
Default time for AOR

Hi I just received a letter from CIC Mississauga saying I was approved to sponsor my spouse.(I applied May 20, 2004). On e-client it says that they started working on my file June 9, 2004 and sent letter June 9, 2004.I received the letter June 16, 2004 as they have spelt my street name wrong! The letter says the application has been forwarded to the London visa office. Will I recieve the AOR or will my Spouse? When should we receive this?
Thanks in advance for any replies, I'm new to this so am a little stressed/confused about the whole process.
Old Jun 17th 2004, 5:19 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: time for AOR

Hi Darkja

Originally posted by darkja
Hi I just received a letter from CIC Mississauga saying I was approved to sponsor my spouse.(I applied May 20, 2004). On e-client it says that they started working on my file June 9, 2004 and sent letter June 9, 2004.I received the letter June 16, 2004 as they have spelt my street name wrong! The letter says the application has been forwarded to the London visa office. Will I recieve the AOR or will my Spouse? When should we receive this?
Thanks in advance for any replies, I'm new to this so am a little stressed/confused about the whole process.
You have received it.

PMM
Old Jun 17th 2004, 5:39 am
Just Joined

Originally posted by PMM
Hi Darkja

You have received it.

PMM

Hi PMM

Thanks for the reply, I was under the impression,perhaps wrongly, that my husband would recieve a letter of acknowledgment from the London visa office that they have recieved the application, and he would be assigned a file number as well. So far he has not received anything. Is this not the case?
Old Jun 17th 2004, 5:39 am
Just Joined

saba is an unknown quantity at this point

hey there

your wife will receive a card from london saying they have received the file from mississauga. I got this too as i am in same situation. Husband sponsoring me too. I got my card about a week after my husband got his letter from mississagua
Old Jun 17th 2004, 5:41 am
Just Joined

saba is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by saba
hey there

your wife will receive a card from london saying they have received the file from mississauga. I got this too as i am in same situation. Husband sponsoring me too. I got my card about a week after my husband got his letter from mississagua

sorry i mean your husband not wife
Old Jun 17th 2004, 5:55 am
Just Joined

Originally posted by saba
sorry i mean your husband not wife

Hi Saba,

Thanks so much that makes me feel much better! Can you tell me when you sent in your forms to Mississauga? I've only just started this process and its nice to hear from someone else in the same situation. Do you have any idea how long it takes at the london Visa office? I've heard its very backlogged.
Old Jun 17th 2004, 11:14 am
BE Forum Addict

stepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there,

My wife sponsered me and I received the card from London mid January warning of a possible six month wait. However the passport requests came at the end of March.
Old Jun 17th 2004, 11:40 am
Just Joined

Originally posted by stepnek
Hi there,

My wife sponsered me and I received the card from London mid January warning of a possible six month wait. However the passport requests came at the end of March.

Hi stepnek,

Thats really quick I can only hope its like that for our case as its pretty straight forward. Can you tell me when you initially applied to Mississauga? Its nice to get an idea of everyones time line.
Old Jun 17th 2004, 6:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

stepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond repute

Hi stepnek,

Thats really quick I can only hope its like that for our case as its pretty straight forward. Can you tell me when you initially applied to Mississauga? Its nice to get an idea of everyones time line.
Hi Darkja,

We initially applied at the end of October 2003 but our application was returned to us about six weeks later because we hadn't completed a form correctly. We did that immediately, returned the application and things moved on pretty quickly after that.