Jimbo0000's questions about visas

Old Apr 17th 2014, 9:27 am
Forum Regular

jimbo0000 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Jimbo0000's questions about visas

Hi,
Myself and wife are thinking of moving to Canada,we have used a visa company here in the UK but they are useless and telling us one thing when someone else explains another, my question here is do you require a job offer before you go and what type of visa or is it a work permit that is needed to enter there,and also how long does the process take,please advise as i am struggling to do what is the right thing.
Old Apr 17th 2014, 9:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Vulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IEC 2014

Originally Posted by jimbo0000
Hi,
Myself and wife are thinking of moving to Canada,we have used a visa company here in the UK but they are useless and telling us one thing when someone else explains another, my question here is do you require a job offer before you go and what type of visa or is it a work permit that is needed to enter there,and also how long does the process take,please advise as i am struggling to do what is the right thing.

There are over 50 visa routes into Canada - it's hard to make suggestions unless you're more specific about your skills aages, where youwant to go, etc. YYou've posted in the IEC thread, which is a visa for people aged 30 and under, limited to 5350 a year from Britain, and next available in December.

Might be a good idea to start a new thread of your own, with a more thorough layout of your situation.
Old Apr 17th 2014, 9:46 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jimbo0000's questions about visas

Hi,
Hi, and welcome to BE.

As Vulcan has said, you posted in a thread about IEC visas, so I've moved your post in to a thread of it's own.

Not sure who you've used for your visa, are they registered with the ICCRC? What kind of visa are they applying for for you?

Your questions are unfortunately unanswerable unless we know everything about you - you may require a job offer to get a visa, but you may not (depends on your skills/occupation/education etc).

If you're asking about a Temp Work Permit, then the process will generally take around 4 months or so (12-16 weeks for the employer to get the LMO, but then no processing time to get the TWP as you'd usually just get it at the airport when you arrive). But as you've hired a consultant I assume you're not going over on a TWP, and must be applying for Permanent Residency?

If you can clarify exactly what of the 50+ visa routes you're asking about, what you've applied for, what you do, etc, then hopefully we can help a bit.

Good luck.
Old Apr 17th 2014, 10:03 am
Forum Regular

My wife is a qualified chef and myself a fabricator maintenance engineer,we both have skills in our line of work ,but we applied to a company called city visas based in birmingham whom quoted us £1800 and that was a year ago,we would like to go to toronto or who ever else in canada would take us but the process is taking forever and i feel like giving up
Old Apr 17th 2014, 10:11 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

My wife is a qualified chef and myself a fabricator maintenance engineer,we both have skills in our line of work ,but we applied to a company called city visas based in birmingham whom quoted us £1800 and that was a year ago,we would like to go to toronto or who ever else in canada would take us but the process is taking forever and i feel like giving up
I would sugggest a thorough read of the visa parts of the Canada Wiki found here.
http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Category:Canada
Old Apr 17th 2014, 10:21 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

What visas are they applying for you though, and what stage are you at?

Is this them? http://cityvisas.com

They don't appear to be ICCRC registered, or if they are they don't have their reg number on their website, as required. By law, they have to be registered with the ICCRC to charge you anything for immigration assistance. From the ICCRC website:

Federal law requires that immigration consultants, in Canada or abroad, who provide Canadian immigration services for a fee, must be registered with the ICCRC and accredited as a Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant (RCIC).

And from the CIC website:

Only some people can charge a fee or receive any other type of payment to represent or advise you on a Canadian immigration proceeding or application.
These are:

lawyers and paralegals who are members in good standing of a Canadian provincial or territorial law society,
notaries who are members in good standing of the Chambre des notaires du Québec and,
immigration consultants who are members in good standing of the Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council.

These people are called “authorized” representatives.

CIC will not deal with representatives who charge for their services and are not members of one of the above groups.

I'd ask them for their ICCRC number asap personally.

But that aside, to be able to answer your questions about a job offer being required and timescales, we do really need to know what of the 50+ visa routes they've submitted your application under and what stage it's at (i.e. when they submitted it). Without knowing more info, we really can't answer your questions.
Old Apr 17th 2014, 11:22 am
Forum Regular

yip that is them,,how they get away with it

I dont know
Old Apr 17th 2014, 11:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

I dont know
Because they advertise themselves as Immigration consultants and people pay them for services. If people did a quick google search on what is required of an Immigration consultant then there might be less problems but there again some of them put a false ICCRC number so they appear genuine. Even doing your research is no guarantee.
Old Apr 17th 2014, 11:47 am
SUPER MODERATOR

I dont know
As FL said, it's because people don't research and pay for something that they shouldn't, unfortunately you're no different to many others.

But you've paid them now, so presumably they have submitted a visa app for you - again, what kind is it and what stage are you at? Please answer the questions that have been asked of you if you want help, we really can't help you unless you give us the info we need.
Old Apr 17th 2014, 1:15 pm
Forum Regular

ive given all documentation for us which incledes cv,s passport photo,s, passport info copies, just basically everything that was required but will look for the more info as kept there email,s.But everytime i phone i just leave messages and they dont get back to me, so considering contacting consumer rights as there p***ing me off now,,,,,sorry for that but dont want to be saying this in the next 5 years or so,,,want to be on pastures new
Old Apr 17th 2014, 1:17 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

We aren't going to be able to help if you don't specify WHICH visa route you have applied through... there are about 50 different types. Which visa route specifically? Until you answer that it will be very difficult to help.
Old Apr 17th 2014, 1:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
We aren't going to be able to help if you don't specify WHICH visa route you have applied through... there are about 50 different types. Which visa route specifically? Until you answer that it will be very difficult to help.
Im guessing they didn't tell him just that they could probably help him and took the money up front and will now keep them waiting and fobbing them off with excuses and false hope.
IEC is out Im guessing because of their age and when asked haven't given their ages.
Federal Skilled Worker well thats on its way out to be replaced by the EOI.
Federal Skilled Trades is a possibility for him and FSW for her.
LMO if they can find employers and no Canadians available.
All the PNP routes if meeting the criteria.

OP
We need more details such as ages, number of years experience in each job and your actual job titles and description of the work you do.
Old Apr 17th 2014, 4:56 pm
Forum Regular

Apologies for the reply as had to go out,, anyway i am 42 and my partner is 44. i am a fabrication maintenance engineer working for a shopping mall repairing fire alarm systems, smoke vents,sprinkler systems,emergency lighting and various other tasks including Plumbing and joinery, My other half is a qualified chef who takes care of the accounts and order, the visa that city visa,s put us on was the federal skills but decided to put my wife as the main applicant,
Old Apr 17th 2014, 5:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

When did they submit the application?
I suggest you read this link on the new rules under the FSW and chefs or your occupation are not on the list of eligible occupations
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/departm...871.1389024363
Even though your wifes occupation is a skilled job as per the NOC they limited the number of applicants as per this link
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigra.../apply-who.asp
Old Apr 17th 2014, 5:27 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you,,i,ll have a quick look and they started the process march last year

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.