Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Jim, docs not received says can immig office...

Jim, docs not received says can immig office...

Old Oct 25th 2004, 1:26 pm
Forum Regular

anxious_glo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Jim, docs not received says can immig office...

Jim, andrew,

so the mystry of my not receiving any intimation (was expecting passport request since feb of this year) is finally solved but to my dismay...

when we approached the buffalo office to remind that my medicals expire in oct and i havent received any intimation, immigration officer intimatated that the office didnt receive the final documents they requested (including fbi reports)
i have sent all those documents' copies once again saying that the originals were sent almost a year ago.

how long do you think it might take me from now??? (my fbi report is expring in december)
back with anxiety pangs!!!
Old Oct 25th 2004, 3:12 pm
Forum Regular

nervous_wreck is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Jim, docs not received says can immig office...

Hi,
when you sent the documents, did you use fedex or at least some sort of service that confirms delivery of your documents? Did you confirm that medical reports were sent from Ottawa to Buffalo?
Cos if they didn't receive anything from you, they should have sent you a reminder/warning letter a long time ago
Old Oct 25th 2004, 3:20 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by nervous_wreck
Hi,
when you sent the documents, did you use fedex or at least some sort of service that confirms delivery of your documents? Did you confirm that medical reports were sent from Ottawa to Buffalo?
Cos if they didn't receive anything from you, they should have sent you a reminder/warning letter a long time ago

well, it was sent by fedex and we have proof enough to say they received all those docs and they must of displaced or misplaced in someone's file. however, they didnt contact us to let us know they havent received these docs. medicals, looks like have been received.
point in question is now that they have received the copies, how long they will take....
Old Nov 12th 2004, 2:55 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by nervous_wreck
Hi,

well, i do have the delivery confirmation from dhl but apparently that doesnt help because, the immig office can argue that that particular doc was not attached (though the money order was!!!)
and they didnt send a warning/reminder letter of any sort. in fact, the officer has mentioned without any qualms that (s)he sent a letter on october. 15, 2003 requesting these docs. (doesnt mention sending any reminder)
anyway, me being the receiver, have to bear the brunt of it!
Old Nov 12th 2004, 4:38 pm
Forum Regular

zinc65 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi...I was also in the same situation, but in my case CIC notified me that they haven't received some information they requested for. In my case I had sent all the additional documents by Canadapost express mail. The package was received by CIC but only one document was claimed to be missing. How interesting?

I recommend that you provide the information to them ASAP, as your application could be declined on that basis. CIC infact sent me a very strong letter that my application could be turned down if I don't provide the information. And make sure you follow up to check whether it has been received.
You can check my post regarding this matter.

I hope this helps you.

Originally Posted by anxious_glo
well, i do have the delivery confirmation from dhl but apparently that doesnt help because, the immig office can argue that that particular doc was not attached (though the money order was!!!)
and they didnt send a warning/reminder letter of any sort. in fact, the officer has mentioned without any qualms that (s)he sent a letter on october. 15, 2003 requesting these docs. (doesnt mention sending any reminder)
anyway, me being the receiver, have to bear the brunt of it!
Old Nov 12th 2004, 4:50 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by zinc65
Hi...I was also in the same situation, but in my case CIC notified me that they haven't received some information they requested for. In my case I had sent all the additional documents by Canadapost express mail. The package was received by CIC but only one document was claimed to be missing. How interesting?

I recommend that you provide the information to them ASAP, as your application could be declined on that basis. CIC infact sent me a very strong letter that my application could be turned down if I don't provide the information. And make sure you follow up to check whether it has been received.
You can check my post regarding this matter.

I hope this helps you.
Thanks Zinc!
Exactly. along with the fbi finger prints, i had sent the right of landing fee, which has been encashed but the fingerprint resulst are missing duh
I am so frustrated (and of course anxious!!!) i am int he process of getting my FBI fingerprit report and will send it to the designated officer once i get it from the feds.

have you already received your PP request? and how long do you anticipate my wait, from your experience?
Old Nov 12th 2004, 8:30 pm
Forum Regular

zinc65 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,.. I have not received my pp request yet, but my e-client has changed to "medical results have been received". Its been a week now since I saw e-client changed. It has been about 2.5 months since I sent the documents, and I am still waiting....

Originally Posted by anxious_glo
Thanks Zinc!
Exactly. along with the fbi finger prints, i had sent the right of landing fee, which has been encashed but the fingerprint resulst are missing duh
I am so frustrated (and of course anxious!!!) i am int he process of getting my FBI fingerprit report and will send it to the designated officer once i get it from the feds.

have you already received your PP request? and how long do you anticipate my wait, from your experience?