Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

I've been waiting for 27 months and still waiting...

I've been waiting for 27 months and still waiting...

Old Jul 9th 2004, 2:43 pm
Forum Regular

longwait is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I've been waiting for 27 months and still waiting...

Originally posted by Andrew Miller
Unfortunately you submitted application when such shouldn't be submitted - in the period already covered by new law (that was approved and published in November 2001) but before it's implementation and publication of Regulations and relevant rules (June 28, 2002). I was warning all potential applicants in this and other forums not to submit applications without knowing the rules. But what happened cannot be undone now.
Thank you Andrew for the information as I was unaware of this until now. I agree with "zico" and "prodigyking" about how Canada is mistreating potential immigrants. It has been the ultimate patience experience of my life.

I myself have applied in June 2002 in Buffalo. Got AOR in October 2002, and IA with interview waived in September 2003. I also did my medical and sent RPR fee in October of 2003 and I’ve been waiting since then. My life has been on hold for 2 years now, but I have decided not to wait any longer. I’m planning to move out of the US this September and probably hurting my chances if I don't get it before then.

Do you think that if I reside outside the US, I can still send my passport to Buffalo by mail when I get the approval?

Thanks,
R.M.
Old Jul 9th 2004, 2:49 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, you may mail passport to Buffalo (as long as the country you will be mailing it from allows it) but you need to have US or Canadian address as Buffolo will only mail passport back to US or Canada.

Originally posted by longwait
Thank you Andrew for the information as I was unaware of this until now. I agree with "zico" and "prodigyking" about how Canada is mistreating potential immigrants. It has been the ultimate patience experience of my life.

I myself have applied in June 2002 in Buffalo. Got AOR in October 2002, and IA with interview waived in September 2003. I also did my medical and sent RPR fee in October of 2003 and I’ve been waiting since then. My life has been on hold for 2 years now, but I have decided not to wait any longer. I’m planning to move out of the US this September and probably hurting my chances if I don't get it before then.

Do you think that if I reside outside the US, I can still send my passport to Buffalo by mail when I get the approval?

Thanks,
R.M.
Old Jul 11th 2004, 5:49 pm
Forum Regular

ravi007 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Mr. Miller Pls reply --- Re: I've been waiting for 27 months and still waiting...

Dear Mr. Andrew Miller,

I have asked you earlier about the provision of changing principal applicant during the application is "in process" even in old law. Please confirm again if it is possible and how to go for that. My application is going to access under old law and I really need to change the principal applicant.

Thank you,

Ravi.
Old Jul 12th 2004, 2:32 am
Forum Regular

robi63 is an unknown quantity at this point

If some one is planning on residing outside US and keeping the appln at Buffalo in process , should they notify buffalo with change of address to the OVERSEAS country
or is it better to give a US address of a friend to where the passports will be mailed back also later.

Please advice Mr. Miller

Thanks

Yes, you may mail passport to Buffalo (as long as the country you will be mailing it from allows it) but you need to have US or Canadian address as Buffolo will only mail passport back to US or Canada.
Old Jul 12th 2004, 2:35 am

You must notify Buffalo about change of residential address, but you also should keep US mailing address.

Originally posted by robi63
If some one is planning on residing outside US and keeping the appln at Buffalo in process , should they notify buffalo with change of address to the OVERSEAS country
or is it better to give a US address of a friend to where the passports will be mailed back also later.

Please advice Mr. Miller

Thanks
Old Jul 12th 2004, 2:38 am

Default Re: Mr. Miller Pls reply --- Re: I've been waiting for 27 months and still waiting...

If your application was received before January 2002 then simply send a letter requesting change of principal applicant. Visa post may or may not consider the request.

Originally posted by ravi007
Dear Mr. Andrew Miller,

I have asked you earlier about the provision of changing principal applicant during the application is "in process" even in old law. Please confirm again if it is possible and how to go for that. My application is going to access under old law and I really need to change the principal applicant.

Thank you,

Ravi.
Old Jul 12th 2004, 2:59 am
Forum Regular

robi63 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just to clarify

This means one should tell them that from now on he will reside at this overseas address BUT
his mailing adress is this US address.

or is it better to just give the US address as the mailing/residence address.
To let the processing go on as normal which option is better ?

You must notify Buffalo about change of residential address, but you also should keep US mailing address.
Old Jul 12th 2004, 3:26 am

You are asking if it is "better" to lie? No, it is not better.

You must notify Buffalo about the change in residential address.

But you should keep mailing address in US.

Originally posted by robi63
Just to clarify

This means one should tell them that from now on he will reside at this overseas address BUT
his mailing adress is this US address.

or is it better to just give the US address as the mailing/residence address.
To let the processing go on as normal which option is better ?
Old Jul 12th 2004, 6:41 am
Forum Regular

matty266 will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by longwait

Thanks,
R.M.
It sounds to me unfortunatly youve been caught in legislation changing which happens in any government uk canada usa all 1st world countries produce a white paper which gets agreed by a body of people and accepted/rejected this can take months years even so when they bring it in the people wo have applied during this period are affected

sounds to me rather than send and refund all the applications and say subit again cic are reviewing all these applications which
is probably in a different office with samller workforce to do the back log

although frustated i can imagine it does cleraly state that do not sell assets or as i underatnd change anything about your life and income until residencey has been granted

At the end of the day its a witing game that many of us have and are doing

reagrds matty266