ITA received :D - what next?!

Old Apr 13th 2017, 4:28 pm
Just Joined

KungFuPandaUK has a reputation beyond reputeKungFuPandaUK has a reputation beyond reputeKungFuPandaUK has a reputation beyond reputeKungFuPandaUK has a reputation beyond reputeKungFuPandaUK has a reputation beyond reputeKungFuPandaUK has a reputation beyond reputeKungFuPandaUK has a reputation beyond reputeKungFuPandaUK has a reputation beyond reputeKungFuPandaUK has a reputation beyond reputeKungFuPandaUK has a reputation beyond reputeKungFuPandaUK has a reputation beyond repute
Talking ITA received :D - what next?!

Hi

I'm so excited that I can't really believe it! With a score of 430 and putting in an application in November 2016 for EE hoping I might be lucky, I received my ITA this morning!!!!!!!!

Logging into CIC, all it says is that I have received ITA as of today and then asks me to check all information I've submitted by 13th July. No mention of other things that I have seen others get asked for like medical, police checks etc - am I jumping the gun a bit in my excitement, does this request come later?

I want to be sure I submit everything properly to finally get to Canada! Can't believe it and good luck to everyone in the same boat!

KFPUK
Old Apr 13th 2017, 6:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

withabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ITA received :D - what next?!

Now you've got your ITA, you need those things to submit as part of your Application....

You have to upload them before you can click the 'Apply' button.
Old Apr 13th 2017, 6:43 pm
Just Joined

KungFuPandaUK has a reputation beyond reputeKungFuPandaUK has a reputation beyond reputeKungFuPandaUK has a reputation beyond reputeKungFuPandaUK has a reputation beyond reputeKungFuPandaUK has a reputation beyond reputeKungFuPandaUK has a reputation beyond reputeKungFuPandaUK has a reputation beyond reputeKungFuPandaUK has a reputation beyond reputeKungFuPandaUK has a reputation beyond reputeKungFuPandaUK has a reputation beyond reputeKungFuPandaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by withabix
Now you've got your ITA, you need those things to submit as part of your Application....

You have to upload them before you can click the 'Apply' button.
Thanks withabix. I thought there might be a list or something specifying what I need to do next - if it exists, I haven't spotted it yet! KFPUK.
Old Apr 14th 2017, 3:45 pm
Forum Regular

Gorbzilla is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Congrats on the ITA - I just submitted my application for PR earlier this week so its fresh in my mind. The list of everything you need is in-built in the system.

Once you log in to the CIC website, you should now be able to continue with your application (applications not yet submitted, near the bottom of the page). You can go in to it and back out again without issue so go in and have a look. There will be 7 (I believe) sections on the first page (Applicant Details, Work Experience, etc.). Go in to each one and have a look at what's required.

Once that's all filled in and you click continue at the bottom, you'll go on to a page where all your documents need to be uploaded (Medical, police certificate, proof of funds, work experience/list of duties, and so on). You might not be able to go on to this page until the previous one is filled in so go ahead and fill it in asap.

Remember you can go back to any page at any time, so don't worry about skipping ahead. Just remember double, triple (quadruple!) check everything. Every detail, every date you enter, every document number. Get someone else to double check of you can.

The last page is simply a declaration and payment (CAD$1,040), which has to be right there and then.

Once the above is all done, then you finally submit. No going back after that, so make sure its 100%.

And in case it matters, the 13th July deadline is midnight at the beginning of the 13th, so treat the 12th as your last day to submit.

Best of luck, any questions feel free to ask.
Old Apr 14th 2017, 4:02 pm
Just Joined

Hi Gorbzilla

Thanks so much for this - really helpful

I'll go onto CIC and get on and complete this today so I can see the checklist and then get started with collecting everything they need... and keep my fingers crossed I can get it all!

Good luck with your PR application too and I'm sure I'll get in touch when I have more questions, I'm sure I will have more questions as I get on with it all

KFPUK