from Ireland

Old Mar 23rd 2010, 3:55 pm
Just Joined

dazzlermac is an unknown quantity at this point
Default from Ireland

hey everyone....just about to give www.canassist.ie the go ahead to process my POL visa.....anyone use them before?advise pleasealso im 90% headin to Toronto and im a carpenter.......any advice welcome no matter how big or small...thanks in advance...

Darren.
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 3:59 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: from Ireland

Originally Posted by dazzlermac
hey everyone....just about to give www.canassist.ie the go ahead to process my POL visa.....anyone use them before?advise pleasealso im 90% headin to Toronto and im a carpenter.......any advice welcome no matter how big or small...thanks in advance...

Darren.
Hi Darren, and welcome to the forum.

I've never heard of Canassist, but it might be worth doing a search of the forum to see if anybody has mentioned their experience of them before, although most people on this forum do their own applications. Just make sure that they are licensed CSIC consultants to avoid being scammed.

What's a POL visa? Not familiar with that abbreviation!

Last edited by christmasoompa; Mar 23rd 2010 at 4:02 pm.
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 4:01 pm
Forum Regular

FrancoisDublin will become famous soon enough

Hi there,

We are in Ireland too and are currently applying - via Quebec.

Sorry, can't help regarding canassist. We considered using the services of an immigration agency at the beginning too, but finally we did everything ourselves, and we're glad we did!

It really helped us come to terms with our motivations, our projects, etc.... BEsides the processus is not that complicated really.

Your choice I suppose. Best of luck anyway, and who knows, see you in Toronto very soon
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 4:05 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Hi Darren, and welcome to the forum.

I've never heard of Canassist, but it might be worth doing a search of the forum to see if anybody has mentioned their experience of them before, although most people on this forum do their own applications. Just make sure that they are licensed CSIC consultants to avoid being scammed.

What's a POL visa? Not familiar with that abbreviation!

soz,im on the list for professions needed so im goin for a permanent visawill do the search thanks....
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 4:08 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

soz,im on the list for professions needed so im goin for a permanent visawill do the search thanks....
Ah, ok, a Skilled Worker visa then. Are you aware that 'the list' of occupations in demand for Skilled Worker visas is about to change? I'm sure Canassist have already told you (if not, definitely don't use them!), but CIC are currently holding a consultation until April 16th and will release a new list in a few weeks, so if you are definitely eligible then make sure you apply before then just in case they take Carpentry Supervisors off the list of occupations in demand.

Good luck.
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 4:10 pm
Just Joined

Ah, ok, a Skilled Worker visa then. Are you aware that 'the list' of occupations in demand for Skilled Worker visas is about to change? I'm sure Canassist have already told you (if not, definitely don't use them!), but CIC are currently holding a consultation until April 16th and will release a new list in a few weeks, so if you are definitely eligible then make sure you apply before then just in case they take Carpentry Supervisors off the list of occupations in demand.

Good luck.
no they did not inform me and I cant find any other threads wit canassist.ie in them......havent 2nd thoughts bout them now iam!!
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 4:13 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

no they did not inform me and I cant find any other threads wit canassist.ie in them......havent 2nd thoughts bout them now iam!!
It was announced over a week ago, so if they haven't informed you of that I'd say that's not a good sign! It's a very major change (the current list has been in effect since Oct 2008, this is the first change) and obviously could affect you, so they really should have done.

Are they a new company? Seems odd that there is no mention of them on this forum as usually there will be lots of threads about immigration consultants, good or bad.
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 4:17 pm
Just Joined

It was announced over a week ago, so if they haven't informed you of that I'd say that's not a good sign! It's a very major change (the current list has been in effect since Oct 2008, this is the first change) and obviously could affect you, so they really should have done.

Are they a new company? Seems odd that there is no mention of them on this forum as usually there will be lots of threads about immigration consultants, good or bad.
ya that is a litlle strange.......they want to meet me thursday or friday to sign contracts and pay first installment but i reckon ill hold off and go another way!!so i should apply ASAP u reckon in case im taken off the list?
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 4:22 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

I dunno how strange it is for a company not to get a mention here, there are literally thousands of them after all.

And mentioning a change that has not happened yet might be considered putting the cart before the horse too.

Consultants in general get discussed a lot here. I usually just post a link to the wiki article and people can decide for themselves if they think its worth it to them... If you do go that route then make sure they are CSIC registered, or a lawyer with standing with a canadian provincial bar. Many good practitioners are lawyers first and foremost, and have no need of CSIC registration.

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Immigr...ultants-Canada

Last edited by iaink; Mar 23rd 2010 at 4:24 pm.
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 4:27 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by FrancoisDublin
Hi there,

We are in Ireland too and are currently applying - via Quebec.

Sorry, can't help regarding canassist. We considered using the services of an immigration agency at the beginning too, but finally we did everything ourselves, and we're glad we did!

It really helped us come to terms with our motivations, our projects, etc.... BEsides the processus is not that complicated really.

Your choice I suppose. Best of luck anyway, and who knows, see you in Toronto very soon
ya hopefully see ye therewat site can u apply that way???
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 5:02 pm
Forum Regular

FrancoisDublin will become famous soon enough

ya hopefully see ye therewat site can u apply that way???
Well, depends what kind of application you are interested in.

If it's the federal route you're interested in, then get all the forms and useful info on the CIC website - google CIC Canada.

If you are interested by Quebec, then check the Quebec immigration website, and get all the papers for your application. Note that the Quebec application will set you back for an extra 400 Euros. However, if you are selected by Quebec, you're pretty much sure to be in after.

Other provinces also have their own provincial immigration programs.

Voila, best of luck, and believe me, it's very straight forward, keep your thousand of Euros/Pounds for the move!
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 6:15 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by FrancoisDublin
Well, depends what kind of application you are interested in.

If it's the federal route you're interested in, then get all the forms and useful info on the CIC website - google CIC Canada.

If you are interested by Quebec, then check the Quebec immigration website, and get all the papers for your application. Note that the Quebec application will set you back for an extra 400 Euros. However, if you are selected by Quebec, you're pretty much sure to be in after.

Other provinces also have their own provincial immigration programs.

Voila, best of luck, and believe me, it's very straight forward, keep your thousand of Euros/Pounds for the move!
how much should i expect to pay for a single mans visa????
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 6:17 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

how much should i expect to pay for a single mans visa????
Skilled Worker? $550 application fee, then $490 Right of Permanent Residence fee, so $1040 in total plus medical (approx £650 in total at today's exchange rate).

Old Mar 23rd 2010, 6:29 pm
Just Joined

Skilled Worker? $550 application fee, then $490 Right of Permanent Residence fee, so $1040 in total plus medical (approx £650 in total at today's exchange rate).

Jaysus......canassist are charging 3450 euro all together......could u reccommend some campany for visas cause i really couldnt trust myself to doitthanks.......i know these are probarly really dumb questions and you are prob sick of explaining,but thanks
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 6:41 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jaysus......canassist are charging 3450 euro all together......could u reccommend some campany for visas cause i really couldnt trust myself to doitthanks.......i know these are probarly really dumb questions and you are prob sick of explaining,but thanks
I work for a CSIC immigration consultant, and although I'd recommend him highly, it wouldn't be terribly unbiased of me to do that!

But have a hunt on the forum and you'll soon find people that have been recommended (including my boss! ).

Although I should say that the fees you have mentioned are about the norm for a CSIC consultant to do your application. The fees I quoted are just for the government fees, and that's what you'd pay if you did it yourself. But if you really don't want to do it yourself, then you'll be paying something similar to what you've been quoted.

Hope that helps.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.