Interview Waiver

Old Nov 23rd 2004, 5:58 am
Just Joined

nmp17145 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Interview Waiver

DEAR Mr.Miller or any one in the forum

I had received a interview waiver in July-2004, my question to the forum is that,

1) What does a interview waiver mean? Is it that the immigration office is satisfied with the documents submitted & the resultant points that have been awarded based on the education, experience, IELTS scores etc. so that the need to have a personal interview is not required.

2) There is one more view that a waiver is also given to cases where the immigration officer feels that a particular applicant will never be able to meet the required no.of points.

I am only confused that the waiver granted to me has what implications? Do I have to worry about point no.2 that I have no chance to make that required no. of points & hence face rejection at some stage.

I would request for your help as I am really worried.

Luck to all
Old Nov 23rd 2004, 6:09 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Interview Waiver

It means exactly what it says - that at the time of the letter interview doesn't seem necessary.

It doesn't mean that interview won't be called for at a later date - if something pops up during background check (verification of education and employment credentials) or during security check or if case is randomly selected for quality assurance interview you will be asked to attend it.

But as of now determination has been made that selection decision can be made without the interview.

And if it would be a negative selection decision then instead of waiver you would have received refusal letter - so, don't worry too much as everything will be OK as long as all checks out.

Originally Posted by nmp17145
DEAR Mr.Miller or any one in the forum

I had received a interview waiver in July-2004, my question to the forum is that,

1) What does a interview waiver mean? Is it that the immigration office is satisfied with the documents submitted & the resultant points that have been awarded based on the education, experience, IELTS scores etc. so that the need to have a personal interview is not required.

2) There is one more view that a waiver is also given to cases where the immigration officer feels that a particular applicant will never be able to meet the required no.of points.

I am only confused that the waiver granted to me has what implications? Do I have to worry about point no.2 that I have no chance to make that required no. of points & hence face rejection at some stage.

I would request for your help as I am really worried.

Luck to all
Old Nov 23rd 2004, 6:20 am
Just Joined

Spouse444 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Experts,

Is there a difference between the Class of Application (e.g., the Family Spousal class vs. skilled) when it comes to Interview waivers?

I mean, do Family Class (Spousal) applicants have more chances of Interview Waiver than the other classes? if so, what is an indicative percentage of interview waiver at London CHC?

Thanks
Old Nov 23rd 2004, 6:24 am
Forum Regular

abrau is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Mr. Miller,

If an applicant has already received a positive selection decision thru an interview, is it still possible that he will be called for a QA interview?

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
It means exactly what it says - that at the time of the letter interview doesn't seem necessary.

It doesn't mean that interview won't be called for at a later date - if something pops up during background check (verification of education and employment credentials) or during security check or if case is randomly selected for quality assurance interview you will be asked to attend it.

But as of now determination has been made that selection decision can be made without the interview.

And if it would be a negative selection decision then instead of waiver you would have received refusal letter - so, don't worry too much as everything will be OK as long as all checks out.
Old Nov 23rd 2004, 3:15 pm

Yes, applicant can still be called for security interview and/or quality assurance inteview.

Originally Posted by abrau
Hi Mr. Miller,

If an applicant has already received a positive selection decision thru an interview, is it still possible that he will be called for a QA interview?
Old Nov 23rd 2004, 3:18 pm

No, there is no difference - interview can only be waived if officer decides that decision can be made solely on the basis of submitted info and evidence with application, so class doesn't affect that rule.

Originally Posted by Spouse444
Hi Experts,

Is there a difference between the Class of Application (e.g., the Family Spousal class vs. skilled) when it comes to Interview waivers?

I mean, do Family Class (Spousal) applicants have more chances of Interview Waiver than the other classes? if so, what is an indicative percentage of interview waiver at London CHC?

Thanks