Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Interview Call-dont know why called for interview?

Interview Call-dont know why called for interview?

Old Dec 25th 2007, 11:41 pm
Just Joined

anujmiglani is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Interview Call-dont know why called for interview?

Hello people, I am called for interview, applied to CIC buffalo in July 2006, got married in October 2006 and acknowledged CIC Buffalo about change of status and sent all documents of spouse in December 2006. Got LMO approved and I am in Canada on WP. I ordered CAIPS notes, spouse has been added as accompanying dep., I have total 83 points, dont know how to find reason why I am called for interview? My interview is on 27 Feb. 08 in Buffalo, I have to still apply for visa to US but my wife is in India dont know if she will get visa for US. Should I go alone? Only thing I can make for interview was like it says "Applicant has provided no information and/or documentation pretaining to his spouse" but on one side it says Recd notice applicant married, rec'd following. documents-copy of PPT, birth cert, marriage cert, education certs, PCC. I dont understand what to do...Please help..I am scared
Old Dec 26th 2007, 1:07 am
Analyst for hire

Ben W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Interview Call-dont know why called for interview?

If you get married and your spouse is to accompany you, then you need to supply all the information on your spouse as found on the forms. All forms will need to be filled on for her that are listed on the CIC site, not just a notification that you are married and who too. Check the CIC site, find the relevant forms and get them and all the background information for your spouse together, work references and the like, just the same as you had to submit.
Old Dec 26th 2007, 1:33 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

It may be nothing serious or something very important. In general interview is required when processing officer cannot make final assessment (positive or negative) on the basis of evidence submitted with application. Looks like you submitted inconclusive application package and there are things that must be verified with you during interview, before final decision is made.

Your own points calculation and initial points entry into CAIPS (that is based on your claims) are irrelevant. What is conclusively proven is what counts. And seems you didn't prove conclusively your claims - thus interview call. It may also be that background check (verification of your claims, authenticity of your credentials, etc.) came inconclusive or showed some discrepancies that need to be clarified.

Lack of spouse's evidence alone would not be reason for interview - officer could have simply requested additional documents, not to call you for interview.

As for US visa - you better get on it now as you have very slim chances to get one for the purpose of immigration interview. And if you are refused US visa then your only option will be to ask for transfer of file to New Delhi - such transfer request may or may not be granted and Buffalo refuses lately most such requests. If unable to attend interview then case will likely head for refusal. A lot to be scared about...
Old Dec 26th 2007, 4:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Reghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to all

Why did you not apply to New Delhi anyway. you have a WP. those with employment opinions are processed fast anyway.

regs
Old Dec 28th 2007, 12:13 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Reghuraj
Why did you not apply to New Delhi anyway. you have a WP. those with employment opinions are processed fast anyway.
CIC London does have an employment "fast-track" but this is not necessarily the case elsewhere. Maybe look at the CIC New Delhi website?
Old Dec 28th 2007, 4:18 am
Forum Regular

hfxns has a brilliant futurehfxns has a brilliant futurehfxns has a brilliant futurehfxns has a brilliant futurehfxns has a brilliant futurehfxns has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by anujmiglani
Hello people, I am called for interview, applied to CIC buffalo in July 2006, got married in October 2006 and acknowledged CIC Buffalo about change of status and sent all documents of spouse in December 2006. Got LMO approved and I am in Canada on WP. I ordered CAIPS notes, spouse has been added as accompanying dep., I have total 83 points, dont know how to find reason why I am called for interview? My interview is on 27 Feb. 08 in Buffalo, I have to still apply for visa to US but my wife is in India dont know if she will get visa for US. Should I go alone? Only thing I can make for interview was like it says "Applicant has provided no information and/or documentation pretaining to his spouse" but on one side it says Recd notice applicant married, rec'd following. documents-copy of PPT, birth cert, marriage cert, education certs, PCC. I dont understand what to do...Please help..I am scared

Book (online) an appointment now for the US visa, apply for the visa, and then go well prepared to Buffalo with all your and wife's documentation.

No point in being scared about anything. It's not going to help. Preparing well for the interview will.

Search through this forum and other sites on other people's interview experiences, etc.