Interview

Old Aug 11th 2008, 2:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Elizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of light
Default Interview

Hi all,

Well, finally after waiting more than two years (for PR in skilled worker class) hubby has been called for an interview.

What does this mean? Should we be concerned?

Obviously each case is unique but what do you think the interview is for? The letter just looks like a generic and standardised and doesn't address anything specific so what should we prepare for?

Thanks.
Old Aug 11th 2008, 3:06 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Interview

Yes, you should be concerned. Interviews (other than security or quality assurance interview) are called when application package was poorly prepared with inconclusive evidence and selection decision can't be made on the basis of the assessment of submitted package. There may also be some matters that were not fully explained and documented (usually case/circumstances specific, not listed in checklist) that raised doubts which can't be cleared now by simply requesting additional evidence or matters that popped up during background check (verification of education and experience claims) and contradict your claims.

Going to the interview without knowing exact reasons why it is called for and without solid preparation for it is not a good idea. Finding out the reason and submitting clarification with supporting evidence in many cases clears doubts and interview is waived again, but not always.
Old Aug 11th 2008, 3:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Elizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
Going to the interview without knowing exact reasons why it is called for and without solid preparation for it is not a good idea. Finding out the reason and submitting clarification with supporting evidence in many cases clears doubts and interview is waived again, but not always.

How are we supposed to know the "exact reasons" when they haven't even been specific about any reasons? It's just a generic letter.

So I guess I should contact them and ask them what the reasons are for the interview.
Old Aug 11th 2008, 3:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Yes, you should be concerned. Interviews (other than security or quality assurance interview) are called when application package was poorly prepared with inconclusive evidence and selection decision can't be made on the basis of the assessment of submitted package. There may also be some matters that were not fully explained and documented (usually case/circumstances specific, not listed in checklist) that raised doubts which can't be cleared now by simply requesting additional evidence or matters that popped up during background check (verification of education and experience claims) and contradict your claims.

Well, all of this is pure speculation at this stage, I think the best thing we can do is contact them and find out specifically what they want. I was really wanting to hear from folks who have been to interviews and what their experiences were. But thanks for your thoughts.
Old Aug 11th 2008, 3:37 am
Forum Regular

cool497 is an unknown quantity at this point

I would say order chaps you will know the reason for interview
Old Aug 11th 2008, 3:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by cool497
I would say order chaps you will know the reason for interview

Old Aug 11th 2008, 4:01 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Elizabeth I
Well, all of this is pure speculation at this stage, I think the best thing we can do is contact them and find out specifically what they want. I was really wanting to hear from folks who have been to interviews and what their experiences were. But thanks for your thoughts.
Visa post will not tell you anything. You need to obtain CAIPS printout and if you are lucky to get it uncensored then you'll be able to see (or ask expert to tell you) why the interview is required. Or you may retain authorized representative in Canada to obtain CAIPS printout, gain access to your file, determine what's wrong, tell you what needs to be submitted to visa post and try to get interview waived if still possible or to prepare you for one. It may be something very small or something very serious.
Old Aug 11th 2008, 4:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Visa post will not tell you anything. You need to obtain CAIPS printout and if you are lucky to get it uncensored then you'll be able to see (or ask expert to tell you) why the interview is required. Or you may retain authorized representative in Canada to obtain CAIPS printout, gain access to your file, determine what's wrong, tell you what needs to be submitted to visa post and try to get interview waived if still possible or to prepare you for one. It may be something very small or something very serious.

Thanks for this, but I am still going to contact the visa office because they have always been very helpful and open and more than willing to answer questions about our file on the few occasions we've contacted them.
Old Aug 11th 2008, 7:28 am
Forum Regular

sim2point4 has much to be proud ofsim2point4 has much to be proud ofsim2point4 has much to be proud ofsim2point4 has much to be proud ofsim2point4 has much to be proud ofsim2point4 has much to be proud ofsim2point4 has much to be proud ofsim2point4 has much to be proud ofsim2point4 has much to be proud ofsim2point4 has much to be proud ofsim2point4 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Elizabeth I
Thanks for this, but I am still going to contact the visa office because they have always been very helpful and open and more than willing to answer questions about our file on the few occasions we've contacted them.
They don't have a phone number and rarely answer emails, so you won't find out much on your own.

When our 60 day update letter came they were asking some unusual questions which Andrew advised me that it looked like they may be using substitute evaluation, and provided us with the responses we needed to strengthen our application, I am convinced that this advice led to the quick requests for us to do medicals, and quickly after passport requests, we are now due to collect our visas from London on Thursday.

If I were you I would take heed of professional advice, as I don't think that CHC give any second chances...
Sim
Old Aug 11th 2008, 8:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sim2point4
They don't have a phone number and rarely answer emails, so you won't find out much on your own.

When our 60 day update letter came they were asking some unusual questions which Andrew advised me that it looked like they may be using substitute evaluation, and provided us with the responses we needed to strengthen our application, I am convinced that this advice led to the quick requests for us to do medicals, and quickly after passport requests, we are now due to collect our visas from London on Thursday.

If I were you I would take heed of professional advice, as I don't think that CHC give any second chances...
Sim
Totally agree with what sim2point4 has said,

Andrew knows what he is talking about, he is the expert and not one from my experience on here to give advice thats not needed, get professional advice as soon as possible,

Wish you well whatever you decide,