Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Inside Canada application question

Inside Canada application question

Old Sep 1st 2010, 7:31 pm
Forum Regular

Carmoral has a brilliant futureCarmoral has a brilliant futureCarmoral has a brilliant futureCarmoral has a brilliant futureCarmoral has a brilliant futureCarmoral has a brilliant futureCarmoral has a brilliant future
Default Inside Canada application question

Hi all, If my husband who is a Canadian citizen (but living here in the Uk with me) got a job back in Canada, could I as his wife go with him and we apply for Permanent residency while Im there.
Im asking as there is a chance that he will be able to go work there and doesnt want to leave me here in the Uk on my own.
We have been married for 11 years this October, so would have no trouble proving the relationship.
If i can how do we go about it.
thanks
Old Sep 1st 2010, 7:44 pm
BTJ
Occasionally Useful

BTJ is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Inside Canada application question

www.cic.gc.ca i.e. Yes

Specifically look here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigra...sor/spouse.asp
Old Sep 1st 2010, 8:15 pm
Forum Regular

smivers is on a distinguished road

Yes - arguably the easiest and quickest way to get into Canada as a permanent resident... Outland Spousal Sponsorship.

You'd probably want to apply before you move back there though, to smooth things through. It can take as little as 2 months for the processing.
Old Sep 2nd 2010, 6:49 am
Forum Regular

Carmoral has a brilliant futureCarmoral has a brilliant futureCarmoral has a brilliant futureCarmoral has a brilliant futureCarmoral has a brilliant futureCarmoral has a brilliant futureCarmoral has a brilliant future

ty for the reply, after lots of debating we have decided that it would be best to just stick to the road we are taking and apply from the UK. so now have to get things started as soon as we can, some days feels like we are going backwards instead of forwards lol, ty again