Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Inland Timeline - Jumping the Gun?

Wikiposts

Inland Timeline - Jumping the Gun?

Old Oct 24th 2007, 9:27 am
whm
Forum Regular

whm has a brilliant futurewhm has a brilliant futurewhm has a brilliant futurewhm has a brilliant futurewhm has a brilliant futurewhm has a brilliant futurewhm has a brilliant future
Default Re: Inland Timeline - Jumping the Gun?

Originally Posted by MapleDragon
received a phone call today- interview date is set for Nov 15th...
Letter to follow in the mail.

I almost fainted :-)
Most excellent news! All good things come to he who waits! (or she).

Nearly there...

whm
Old Oct 24th 2007, 4:17 pm
Forum Regular

MapleDragon is just really niceMapleDragon is just really niceMapleDragon is just really niceMapleDragon is just really niceMapleDragon is just really niceMapleDragon is just really niceMapleDragon is just really niceMapleDragon is just really niceMapleDragon is just really niceMapleDragon is just really niceMapleDragon is just really nice

whm, have you heard anything? I actually called the call centre inquiring. the time line after the decision made letter is 4 weeks. I had been waiting 6.

The call centre sent a message to the winnipeg office as a gentle ' nudge' and I received a phone call the very next day.
Old Oct 28th 2007, 5:51 am
whm
Forum Regular

whm has a brilliant futurewhm has a brilliant futurewhm has a brilliant futurewhm has a brilliant futurewhm has a brilliant futurewhm has a brilliant futurewhm has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by MapleDragon
whm, have you heard anything? I actually called the call centre inquiring. the time line after the decision made letter is 4 weeks. I had been waiting 6.

The call centre sent a message to the winnipeg office as a gentle ' nudge' and I received a phone call the very next day.
Hi MapleDragon

No, we haven't heard anything. When you say the Call Centre - are you referring to the 1-800 number? I actually tried to call the Sudbury office of CIC, but even going through directory assistance I ended up being told to call the main call centre - it's so frustrating. It hadn't occurred to me that calling the main number would maybe get them moving.

I'll put this on my list (or my oh's list at least!) for tomorrow!

Thanks for the advice.

whm
Old Oct 29th 2007, 9:55 am
whm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by whm
Hi MapleDragon

No, we haven't heard anything. When you say the Call Centre - are you referring to the 1-800 number? I actually tried to call the Sudbury office of CIC, but even going through directory assistance I ended up being told to call the main call centre - it's so frustrating. It hadn't occurred to me that calling the main number would maybe get them moving.

I'll put this on my list (or my oh's list at least!) for tomorrow!

Thanks for the advice.

whm
As promised - we did call them today, and it was just as you said! He sent off a little message to Sudbury to put a little fire under their saddle (or however that saying goes). Thanks again for the advice!

whm
Old Oct 30th 2007, 6:53 am
Just Joined

Wacharapo is an unknown quantity at this point

I got the letter from the federal today, its decision made, so i'm so happy, before that, this is my inland timeline.

We received your application for permanent residence on - April 10, 2007.
We started processing your application on- April 13, 2007.
received letter from federal saying they sent my file to MICC - May 24, 2007
Received form from MICC - August 3, 2007
Post form to MICC - August 8, 2007
MICC received the form - August 9, 2007
Received the Certificat de sélection du Quebec - 19 September 2007
Desicion made - 24 October 2007

the things is we dont get any phone call about the interview, it's normal or i'm just lucky that they never asked me to sent new documents or photos or what soever.
Old Oct 30th 2007, 9:24 am
whm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Wacharapo
I got the letter from the federal today, its decision made, so i'm so happy, before that, this is my inland timeline.

We received your application for permanent residence on - April 10, 2007.
We started processing your application on- April 13, 2007.
received letter from federal saying they sent my file to MICC - May 24, 2007
Received form from MICC - August 3, 2007
Post form to MICC - August 8, 2007
MICC received the form - August 9, 2007
Received the Certificat de sélection du Quebec - 19 September 2007
Desicion made - 24 October 2007

the things is we dont get any phone call about the interview, it's normal or i'm just lucky that they never asked me to sent new documents or photos or what soever.
Hi Wacharapo,

Wow! This is amazing! Why is your timeline so short? I'm not sure what MICC is?

Your timeline, if this is a straight-up inland spousal application is just over 6 months, where ours took 15 months and counting! As the experts keep telling us, though, there is no such thing as "normal", or at least no such thing as being able to predict how long an application will take.

Is this because it's a Quebec application? I understand that they are different in some way.

Thanks for posting, and best of luck!

whm
Old Oct 30th 2007, 9:37 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by whm
Hi Wacharapo,

Wow! This is amazing! Why is your timeline so short? I'm not sure what MICC is?

Your timeline, if this is a straight-up inland spousal application is just over 6 months, where ours took 15 months and counting! As the experts keep telling us, though, there is no such thing as "normal", or at least no such thing as being able to predict how long an application will take.

Is this because it's a Quebec application? I understand that they are different in some way.

Thanks for posting, and best of luck!

whm
MICC is Ministre de l'Immigration et des Communautés culturelles.
Its Quebec immigration.

and, i need to go to the Imigration centre in Quebec
for obtain my confirmation of PR Document.

Hahah even i'm so surprised because I thought it's will take 1 year as my friends, but i'm so happy, can visit my family back home soon.

Good luck to you too.

Last edited by Wacharapo; Oct 30th 2007 at 9:46 am.
Old Oct 31st 2007, 3:50 pm
Forum Regular

MapleDragon is just really niceMapleDragon is just really niceMapleDragon is just really niceMapleDragon is just really niceMapleDragon is just really niceMapleDragon is just really niceMapleDragon is just really niceMapleDragon is just really niceMapleDragon is just really niceMapleDragon is just really niceMapleDragon is just really nice

Hopefully things will get moving for you guys.
November 15th couldn't come any sooner.... I almost feel a little deflated, So many sleepless nights worrying, now it almost feels strange NOT to have something to worry about! haha

Now I need to find a doctor :-)
Old Nov 1st 2007, 11:03 am
whm
Forum Regular

Thumbs up Re: Inland Timeline - Jumping the Gun?

Hurray!

We received the letter from CIC Sudbury yesterday, with an interview date of the 9th of Nov. Then we had the audacity to e-mail them to change the date because I have a medical appt. in Sudbury on the 6th and it is a 2 1/2 hour drive from here.

And the darling man replied saying, "Sure! How about 10 o'clock!" I love these guys already.

So, thanks for all the encouraging words - to everyone. We are 5 days from there, and nothing will go wrong at this point.

MapleDragon, I know what you mean about not having anything to worry about/think about any more. It has been a very long and stressful haul.

We'll be thinking of you on the 15th. Best of luck.

whm
Old Nov 2nd 2007, 3:41 pm
Forum Regular

wow, See there you go, a little helpful 'prodding' sometimes helps.

You even end up landing before I do :-)

Thats wonderful news, I am so happy for you.
Old Nov 3rd 2007, 2:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Maple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by whm
Hurray!

We received the letter from CIC Sudbury yesterday, with an interview date of the 9th of Nov. Then we had the audacity to e-mail them to change the date because I have a medical appt. in Sudbury on the 6th and it is a 2 1/2 hour drive from here.

And the darling man replied saying, "Sure! How about 10 o'clock!" I love these guys already.

So, thanks for all the encouraging words - to everyone. We are 5 days from there, and nothing will go wrong at this point.

MapleDragon, I know what you mean about not having anything to worry about/think about any more. It has been a very long and stressful haul.

whm
sooooo happy for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Nov 13th 2007, 12:41 pm
Forum Regular

kosh is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by whm
Hurray!

whm
and how many times did you look at the letter? If you`re anything like me, the letter never left my sight for days I had to be sure it was the real thing, or suddenly I would wake up! Congratulations.
Old Nov 14th 2007, 12:36 pm
whm
Forum Regular

Hey, Kosh, thanks for the congratulations! The deed is done now (another post) - Richard has landed! So exciting!!

And MapleDragon! Tomorrow is your big day, I believe! Enjoy every second of it! Whoopoeeeeeee!!

whmn
Old Jan 10th 2008, 6:03 am
Just Joined

Today, at 9.30 am, Quebec city,
I'm officially a résident permanent du Canada
Old Jan 14th 2008, 10:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Maple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Wacharapo
Today, at 9.30 am, Quebec city,
I'm officially a résident permanent du Canada
~*~* congratulations!! *~*~*~

isnt' it a wonderful feeling!!..enjoy it!...sometimes i still stop and pause at the wonder of it all...living in another country etc..