Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Inland Timeline - Jumping the Gun?

Wikiposts

Inland Timeline - Jumping the Gun?

Old Sep 21st 2007, 10:08 am
whm
Forum Regular

whm has a brilliant futurewhm has a brilliant futurewhm has a brilliant futurewhm has a brilliant futurewhm has a brilliant futurewhm has a brilliant futurewhm has a brilliant future
Default Inland Timeline - Jumping the Gun?

Hi all,

I may be jumping the gun a little bit, since we don't have the final final final decision and whatever they do to the passport, etc., but I have been waiting so long to do this, just bear with me, okay?

Our timeline

Application to Vegreville Aug. 1 2006
AIP - Apr. 17 2007
Work permit application May 1 2007
Sent for Police clearance (UK) May 15, 2007
Rec'd work permit June 18, 2007
Rec'd decision letter today, Sept. 21, 2007

And the rest is formality! I'll look forward to telling you when it is toute fini.

Cheers,

whm
Old Sep 21st 2007, 2:33 pm
Forum Regular

MapleDragon is just really niceMapleDragon is just really niceMapleDragon is just really niceMapleDragon is just really niceMapleDragon is just really niceMapleDragon is just really niceMapleDragon is just really niceMapleDragon is just really niceMapleDragon is just really niceMapleDragon is just really niceMapleDragon is just really nice
Default Re: Inland Timeline - Jumping the Gun?

I almost the same time line. PR common law route.

I received my decision made letter on the 18th

Did they say that your file has been transfered to the local office?

If not, what is your next step in the process?
Old Sep 22nd 2007, 3:16 am
Forum Regular

kosh is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MapleDragon

I received my decision made letter on the 18th

Similar times too.

Application to Vegreville in March 2007.
Called in for interview at CIC office to clarify some information: September 2007.
During interview was given AIP and I applied for work permit while I was there. Work permit approved and received the same afternoon!
IO told me they are only waiting for my medicals, everything else including the background came back fine. Now where are those medicals which I took back in March!!
Old Sep 22nd 2007, 3:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Maple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to behold

ahh i don't think you are jumping the gun. the letter with appointment time should be arriving any day now...

all you do is go in with your documents that were used for identification in the application..well R will..not you..heheehe....then he just signs some paprework...they will go over a few things like..residency obligations and also the fact that half his time already spent in Canada counts towards his citizenship days if he wishes to apply when the time comes...

.so if he has been here...2 years..then he has 1 year towards the days in Canada requirement to be able to apply for citizenship...cool huh!

dont' know if we have talked about this before or not..but just so you know..tis very painless and exciting on the day!.....will be waiting to hear when Landing has occured...
Old Sep 22nd 2007, 3:48 am
Forum Regular

For the record, after my application was sent in. I never received any correspondence from CIC at all. No letter to say it was received, nothing at all. Then suddenly I got a letter earlier this month asking me to attend an interview at the local CIC office to clarify some details on my application. Yes, my backside was going crazy with nerves!!

After the fifteen minutes interview, I was told the relationship looked great and was given AIP because the medicals had still not been received. I can only asusme if the medicals had been received I would be been given granted full PR, at least that`s what he was suggesting.

Last edited by kosh; Sep 22nd 2007 at 3:58 am.
Old Sep 22nd 2007, 11:40 am
whm
Forum Regular

whm has a brilliant futurewhm has a brilliant futurewhm has a brilliant futurewhm has a brilliant futurewhm has a brilliant futurewhm has a brilliant futurewhm has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by MapleDragon

Yes, that's what they said. They will be contacting us with an appointment. Thanks, Maple Leaf, for the advice on what happens there. We hadn't talked about it. We were too immersed/embroiled in all that other stuff!

I find it very interesting that in the past few days including on this thread, people have mentioned getting instant AIP! Makes me wonder why we sweated so long if we could've just called up the local office about something-or-other, been granted an interview and then been given AIP.

Maybe CIC is lightening up? Or maybe it's just the smaller offices or something? It's interesting, in any event. It would certainly relieve the stress.

whm
Old Sep 22nd 2007, 11:41 am
whm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by kosh
For the record, after my application was sent in. I never received any correspondence from CIC at all. No letter to say it was received, nothing at all. Then suddenly I got a letter earlier this month asking me to attend an interview at the local CIC office to clarify some details on my application. Yes, my backside was going crazy with nerves!!

After the fifteen minutes interview, I was told the relationship looked great and was given AIP because the medicals had still not been received. I can only asusme if the medicals had been received I would be been given granted full PR, at least that`s what he was suggesting.
I meant to say, Kosh, GOOD FOR YOU! This is great news.

whm
Old Sep 22nd 2007, 2:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Maple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by whm
Yes, that's what they said. They will be contacting us with an appointment. Thanks, Maple Leaf, for the advice on what happens there. We hadn't talked about it. We were too immersed/embroiled in all that other stuff!

I find it very interesting that in the past few days including on this thread, people have mentioned getting instant AIP! Makes me wonder why we sweated so long if we could've just called up the local office about something-or-other, been granted an interview and then been given AIP.

Maybe CIC is lightening up? Or maybe it's just the smaller offices or something? It's interesting, in any event. It would certainly relieve the stress.

whm
not too sure what you mean by *instant* AIP..??

but i do know the timeframes have become shorter..if all is well..and nothing is out of place..they are granting them at the moment within 6-7mths.

it actualy used to quicker to do INland application than outland...so i am told..then..people started to go the inland route more..which backlogged it up...so then outland became quicker......so it goes~ who know maybe the tables are turning again.
Old Sep 22nd 2007, 3:15 pm
Forum Regular

MapleDragon is just really niceMapleDragon is just really niceMapleDragon is just really niceMapleDragon is just really niceMapleDragon is just really niceMapleDragon is just really niceMapleDragon is just really niceMapleDragon is just really niceMapleDragon is just really niceMapleDragon is just really niceMapleDragon is just really nice

Phew ok, as long as you had the request to go to the local office also.

I was beginning to worry that something had gone wrong- especially after I had been expecting a passport request after seeing 'decision made' on Ecas.

Keep us updated! :-) I will also.... wooohoo cant wait.
I will have been here 3 years in feb. SO I assume that just under a year and a half will account to my time for citizenship.
Old Sep 24th 2007, 8:56 am
whm
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=Maple Leaf;5343293]not too sure what you mean by *instant* AIP..??

I just meant (quoting Kosh here)

"After the fifteen minutes interview, I was told the relationship looked great and was given AIP because the medicals had still not been received."

and someone else this week talked about getting an interview about some little hitch in their process and being granted AIP at the interview. Not quite "instant", but it seemed like it to me!

Cheers,

whm
Old Sep 24th 2007, 10:04 am
BE Forum Addict

[QUOTE=whm;5350140]
Originally Posted by Maple Leaf
not too sure what you mean by *instant* AIP..??

I just meant (quoting Kosh here)

"After the fifteen minutes interview, I was told the relationship looked great and was given AIP because the medicals had still not been received."

and someone else this week talked about getting an interview about some little hitch in their process and being granted AIP at the interview. Not quite "instant", but it seemed like it to me!

Cheers,

whm
i think the only difference is that they ..had the interview *before* being granted their AIP.....did they get it earlier than the posted timelines..?? i am not sure on what their timelines are....but i would be realy surprised if any one jumped ahead of the norm time lines and received AIP earlier because they had an interview.

as far as i am aware..an interview is sorted by CIC to clarify some things that may need clarifying..which can be for a huge variety of reasons..before granting the AIP, .

just think...it shows how you did not NEED an interview and you got your AIP....:-)

..timelines for inland AIP's is 6-7mths now..much earlier than when i applied..it was...8-9 mths..and i didnt' have an interview either...*S*.....

P.S~ actualy looking at Kosh timeline..it is 6mths......is soooo great to know...encourages others ..and keeps everyone informed........am so happy for all those receiving AIP within 6mths..i know all too well what the wait is like...

Last edited by Maple Leaf; Sep 24th 2007 at 10:09 am.
Old Sep 24th 2007, 10:34 am
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=Maple Leaf;5350355]
Originally Posted by whm

i think the only difference is that they ..had the interview *before* being granted their AIP.....did they get it earlier than the posted timelines..?? i am not sure on what their timelines are....but i would be realy surprised if any one jumped ahead of the norm time lines and received AIP earlier because they had an interview.

as far as i am aware..an interview is sorted by CIC to clarify some things that may need clarifying..which can be for a huge variety of reasons..before granting the AIP, .

just think...it shows how you did not NEED an interview and you got your AIP....:-)

..timelines for inland AIP's is 6-7mths now..much earlier than when i applied..it was...8-9 mths..and i didnt' have an interview either...*S*.....

P.S~ actualy looking at Kosh timeline..it is 6mths......is soooo great to know...encourages others ..and keeps everyone informed........am so happy for all those receiving AIP within 6mths..i know all too well what the wait is like...
Actually mine could have been four months. Unfortunately I was away when the first interview request was sent out. It couldn`t be re-sheduled after that for quite some time. So yeah, I probably would have gotten AIP in late july which makes around four months. If my medicals had been received I would have been given PR at the interview, that`s what the IO told me. So even better, I could have recieved PR after around four months.

Grrrr, stupid medicals have gone awol. That`s all they`re waiting for...
Old Sep 24th 2007, 10:39 am
Forum Regular

MesserMoony is on a distinguished road

I'm just over 6 months at the moment and still waiting. I actually think now I hit the 6 months mark I am getting more and more inpatient
Old Sep 24th 2007, 1:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

[QUOTE=kosh;5350466]
Originally Posted by Maple Leaf
Actually mine could have been four months. Unfortunately I was away when the first interview request was sent out. It couldn`t be re-sheduled after that for quite some time. So yeah, I probably would have gotten AIP in late july which makes around four months. If my medicals had been received I would have been given PR at the interview, that`s what the IO told me. So even better, I could have recieved PR after around four months.

Grrrr, stupid medicals have gone awol. That`s all they`re waiting for...
hmm maybe 4 months...wouldnt that have been great!!!..and not only wonderful for you but for all the others waiting..
Old Sep 24th 2007, 1:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by MesserMoony
I'm just over 6 months at the moment and still waiting. I actually think now I hit the 6 months mark I am getting more and more inpatient
awww..hopefully you will receive that brown envelope this week!!!.....all the best....won't be much longer now...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.