Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Inland Spouse Sponsorship - Must Stay throughourt process?

Inland Spouse Sponsorship - Must Stay throughourt process?

Old Aug 25th 2002, 7:43 pm
Ronald

Default Inland Spouse Sponsorship - Must Stay throughourt process?

If I start a spouse sponsership process in canada, and sometimes during the process
decided to go back to my home country and wait for the final interview, will it in
any way hurt the application? is it allowed?

Thanks in advance, Ronald

Old Aug 25th 2002, 11:17 pm
The Wizzard

Default Re: Inland Spouse Sponsorship - Must Stay throughourt process?

i tihnk it depends whihc party you are. if you are teh sponsor then as far as i am
aware only a PR sponsor has to remain in Canada during the whole process. If you are
the person being sponsored, then if you are being sponsored inland you can leave but
you are not guaranteed re-entry so it isnt advised. Americans seem to manage ok to
nip across the border as thats a fairly simple operation, but if it involves flying
and airports etc immigration are more strict and you could find yoruself stuck
outside Canada.

"Ronald" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected] om...
    > If I start a spouse sponsership process in canada, and sometimes during the process
    > decided to go back to my home country and wait for the final interview, will it in
    > any way hurt the application? is it allowed?
    > Thanks in advance, Ronald