Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Inland PR Medical and Police report

Inland PR Medical and Police report

Old Mar 22nd 2015, 8:57 pm
Forum Regular

Hugo_Strange is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Inland PR Medical and Police report

Hi everyone,

I am doing my Spousal Sponsorship PR inland and was wondering about the medical? Do I need to do the medical in the UK or Canada?

Also I have been living in Canada for about 18 months so regarding the police report, do I need a Canadian police report as well as a UK one?

And on the form:

IMM0008ENU_2D on the dependents section, I have no children and my wife is Canadian, do I need to put her information there or any other family members or leave it blank as I have no dependents?

Finally I am on a visitors visa until 31st March, can I extend this? Or do I have to return back to the UK or go across the border into USA and then re-enter Canada?

Thanks!!

Last edited by Hugo_Strange; Mar 22nd 2015 at 9:17 pm.
Old Mar 22nd 2015, 9:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Inland PR Medical and Police report

Medical can be done in Canada with a designated panel physician.
No PC required from Canada as CIC will do their own checks.
Panel Physicians
Old Mar 22nd 2015, 9:19 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you my friend

Also:

IMM0008ENU_2D on the dependents section, I have no children and my wife is Canadian, do I need to put her information there or any other family members or leave it blank as I have no dependents?

Finally I am on a visitors visa until 31st March, can I extend this? Or do I have to return back to the UK or go across the border into USA and then re-enter Canada?

Thank you so much
Old Mar 22nd 2015, 9:56 pm
A taffy in Ontario

snuggs has a brilliant futuresnuggs has a brilliant futuresnuggs has a brilliant futuresnuggs has a brilliant futuresnuggs has a brilliant futuresnuggs has a brilliant future

you can apply online or go to the border and 'flag-pole' to re-enter as a visitor...
Old Mar 22nd 2015, 10:06 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by snuggs
you can apply online or go to the border and 'flag-pole' to re-enter as a visitor...
What's flag-pole mate?
Old Mar 22nd 2015, 10:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hugo_Strange
What's flag-pole mate?
Well believe it or not its a pole you put a flag on. You will see them at the border as well. You basically cross over to the US side and when returning to Canada you report to Customs and get whatever needs doing.
Old Mar 22nd 2015, 10:28 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Well believe it or not its a pole you put a flag on. You will see them at the border as well. You basically cross over to the US side and when returning to Canada you report to Customs and get whatever needs doing.
Lol thanks So as I go across the border I should tell the Canadian Custom that I am re-entering as a new visitor?
Old Mar 22nd 2015, 10:28 pm
Forum Regular

P4rv1n is on a distinguished road

Thank you my friend

Also:

Thank you so much
regarding extending your visa, i am in Vancouver and a couple days before my visitor visa was due to expire, my husband and i popped over the boarder did a little shopping in the states and as we re entered Canada told the immigration officer i wanted to apply for an extension (he moaned a bit asking why i didn't do it online) anyway i got directed in and asked the immigration officer i wanted to apply for an extension, showed him my spousal sponsor receipt and marriage certificate and he extended my visitors permit by a year. I had no issues at all..
Old Mar 22nd 2015, 10:32 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by P4rv1n
regarding extending your visa, i am in Vancouver and a couple days before my visitor visa was due to expire, my husband and i popped over the boarder did a little shopping in the states and as we re entered Canada told the immigration officer i wanted to apply for an extension (he moaned a bit asking why i didn't do it online) anyway i got directed in and asked the immigration officer i wanted to apply for an extension, showed him my spousal sponsor receipt and marriage certificate and he extended my visitors permit by a year. I had no issues at all..
Thank you for that

As I haven't done my PR yet, should I take my marriage certificate with me to prove my marriage just in case?
Old Mar 22nd 2015, 10:38 pm
Forum Regular

P4rv1n is on a distinguished road

Thank you for that

As I haven't done my PR yet, should I take my marriage certificate with me to prove my marriage just in case?
yes - i also took my letters from my employee in the UK to show i still had ties in England and would happily go back if they declined me.
just explain your in the process of completing the sponsor forms and that so far you have checked on line the whole process from when you do send it off will take X amount of time too, because i got asked how long the spousal sponsorship takes to be approved and told the immigration officer, he didn't ask me anything else, i was in and out within 10 mins.
Old Mar 22nd 2015, 10:42 pm
Forum Regular

yes - i also took my letters from my employee in the UK to show i still had ties in England and would happily go back if they declined me.
just explain your in the process of completing the sponsor forms and that so far you have checked on line the whole process from when you do send it off will take X amount of time too, because i got asked how long the spousal sponsorship takes to be approved and told the immigration officer, he didn't ask me anything else, i was in and out within 10 mins.
That's fantastic Thank you for all your help
Old Mar 22nd 2015, 11:46 pm
Forum Regular

Forgot to ask was there any fees to be paid?

Thanks
Old Mar 23rd 2015, 12:47 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Any reason you are applying inland as opposed to outland? You know that outland is significantly faster? (See timeline linked in my signature.)
Old Mar 23rd 2015, 4:23 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
Any reason you are applying inland as opposed to outland? You know that outland is significantly faster? (See timeline linked in my signature.)
I was planning to do outland then saw it was 29 months and now know that for straight forward cases that it is pretty fast to do PR outland.

However my wife is pregnant and I understand that if I do inland I will be able to work and be with my wife and child which is the most important thing
Old Mar 23rd 2015, 5:16 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

If you apply inland, you'll probably get your OWP after 4 months. Total processing time to PR is still well over 2 years.

London is reporting 29 months only because they spent most of 2014 dealingw ith the backlog from Islamabad and THOSE applications massively skewed the processing time. Have a look at the spreadsheet in my signature - average time through London is still only about 8 months.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.