Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Are Inkjet Printed Photos accepted?

Are Inkjet Printed Photos accepted?

Old Aug 6th 2020, 4:23 pm
Just Joined

Rotate is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Are Inkjet Printed Photos accepted?

Really dumb question here - I'm going through the checklist for Spouse PR Sponsorship for my wife (I'm Canadian, she is British) - and the final part of the checklist (IMM 5533), Supporting Documents for Principal Applicant, Proof of Relationship to Sponsor says:

"Photos of your wedding, customary celebrations, engagement, and/or outings. Provide a maximum of 20 photographs to support your relationship (taken at different times and places). Please write your name and date of birth on the back of each photo and provide a brief description of the context on the back of each photograph; (do not provide CD, DVD, USB keys);"
Will they accept digital photos printed from a home printer, or will they only accept professionally printed glossy photos?

Thanks in advance!
Old Aug 6th 2020, 4:37 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Are Inkjet Printed Photos accepted?

Originally Posted by Rotate
Really dumb question here - I'm going through the checklist for Spouse PR Sponsorship for my wife (I'm Canadian, she is British) - and the final part of the checklist (IMM 5533), Supporting Documents for Principal Applicant, Proof of Relationship to Sponsor says:

Will they accept digital photos printed from a home printer, or will they only accept professionally printed glossy photos?

Thanks in advance!
Hello and welcome to BE!!

No question is 'dumb' if you need an answer to it...... that's what we're here for!

You can print them 4 - 6 or even 8 to a page - perfectly acceptable, no need to waste your good paper Have you seen our wonderful wiki about spousal sponsorship? Lots of very useful info on preparing your application https://britishexpats.com/wiki/Spous...nsored_Persons

Also look at section Appendix A: Document Checklist (10) in the old spousal sponsorship guide..

Item 10: How on earth do I organise my photos?

The easiest way to organise your photos is to scan them, or use the digital files. Put them into something like MS Word, 3-4 to a page, and then you can type captions above or below each photos with a brief caption. If you do choose to include individual photos, ensure they are loose, or glue or tape them to a letter or A4 page. Do not staple them, put them into plastic sleeves, or anything like that.

Item 10: How many photos should I include?

The new spousal sponsorship pack (introduced 15th December 2016) now specifies a maximum of 20 photographs. Your photos should tell the story of your relationship - think of it as a photo essay of sorts. You don't need to provide 10 photos of the same thing when 1-3 photos gets the point across. Pick your photos carefully - pick some of just the two of you, but also pick photos that show friends and family. Photos from trips should be obvious that you are in the place you claim to be (e.g., if you include photos from a trip to Paris, chuck one in with the Eiffel Tower or Notre Dame, etc). Mix it up between posed pictures and candid pictures. Quality is more important than quantity in this one. You should aim to chronicle your relationship over however many years.

Last edited by Siouxie; Aug 6th 2020 at 4:45 pm.
Old Aug 6th 2020, 5:17 pm
Just Joined

Rotate is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Are Inkjet Printed Photos accepted?

Thanks Siouxie - that was exactly what I was looking for! (I found this site from the FAQ, I'd not found the other guides).

Thanks again!