Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

information on sponsering and landing

information on sponsering and landing

Old Sep 24th 2008, 4:01 am
Just Joined

malarkie is just really nicemalarkie is just really nicemalarkie is just really nicemalarkie is just really nicemalarkie is just really nicemalarkie is just really nicemalarkie is just really nicemalarkie is just really nice
Default information on sponsering and landing

my son and his girlfriend are applying for pnp and i am going to be there sponser, there information has been backwards and forwards with cic asking for more information, there first application was sent in june, anyway there flights were booked a while ago and there due to land in toronto on the 26th oct, they have booked return flights for november, but could they try to get there work permits when they land if the approval hasn't come by then and tell the io that they have a i.d number..if they decide they are just gonna wait for the approval to arrive, do they have to request to stay in canada for six months or will they be eligible anyway as they are bristish citizens....any info is welcolm
Old Sep 24th 2008, 4:47 am
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: information on sponsering and landing

It's hard to understand your question because of the shortage of background information. For example, I'm trying to wrap my mind around the idea that you can sponsor your son and his girlfriend via PNP. But perhaps you're in Alberta, which relatively recently added a family category to its PNP.

Anyway, to answer your direct questions .......

If the provincial government has not yet approved their PNP application at the time that they land in Canada, they cannot apply for temporary work permits at their port of entry.

But your son and his girlfriend most likely will be admitted to Canada for six months anyway, because they're British citizens.
x
Old Sep 24th 2008, 12:35 pm
Just Joined

malarkie is just really nicemalarkie is just really nicemalarkie is just really nicemalarkie is just really nicemalarkie is just really nicemalarkie is just really nicemalarkie is just really nicemalarkie is just really nice
Default Re: information on sponsering and landing

thak you judy for your response, i am a resisdent of manitoba and are applying through the mpnp, they got there 90day letter but they still required information, transcripts etc, if i get the approval for sponsering then would that mean that they still couldn;t get there work permits until the pnp has been approved.
would it be easier to get a job offer while there here and then apply for a lmo, hope you can shed some light on this.....and is the 6 month visa automatic or do they still need to see a immigration officer thanks judy