Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Information required for Sponcer Immigration

Information required for Sponcer Immigration

Old May 9th 2012, 12:57 pm
Just Joined

forever is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Information required for Sponcer Immigration

As i read it in the thread that the IT field is not available in Occupation list . My wife sister is in Albeta , a Canadian citizen and living for last ten year , My question is is there is any way that she can sponsor to her sister. If sponser then what necessary required to my Wife(IELTS....etc).

I have also read that the canadian citizen can only sponsor their bother or sister who are below 18 years.
Old May 9th 2012, 1:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Information required for Sponcer Immigration

Read this link regarding who are eligible to be sponsored at the bottom of the page.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigra...nsor/index.asp
Old May 9th 2012, 1:06 pm
Forum Regular

Siphorous has a brilliant futureSiphorous has a brilliant futureSiphorous has a brilliant futureSiphorous has a brilliant futureSiphorous has a brilliant futureSiphorous has a brilliant futureSiphorous has a brilliant futureSiphorous has a brilliant future

As I understand your post - you are asking about your Wife's sister (the Canadian citizen living in Alberta) and how she can sponsor your wife?

The only way I can see that happening is via the Family Class "other eligible relatives" route, where age is not a concern if your wife's sister effectively has no family left herself in Canada or anyone else that could be sponsored.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigra...-apply-who.asp

Quoting from that link:
Originally Posted by CIC webpage
Note: you can sponsor one relative regardless of age or relationship only if you do not have a living spouse or common-law partner, conjugal partner, a son or daughter, parent, grandparent, sibling, uncle, aunt, nephew or niece who could be sponsored as a member of the family class, and you do not have any relative who is a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident or registered as an Indian under the Indian Act.
Old May 9th 2012, 1:07 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

As has been said above, your wife's sister is unlikely to be able to sponsor her via the Federal scheme, but do keep an eye on Alberta's Provincial Nominee Program - they used to have a Family Stream and she could have sponsored you both under that, but they stopped it in August 2010.

But it's worth keeping an eye out just in case it comes back at any point.

Good luck.
Old May 9th 2012, 1:20 pm
Forum Regular

Siphorous has a brilliant futureSiphorous has a brilliant futureSiphorous has a brilliant futureSiphorous has a brilliant futureSiphorous has a brilliant futureSiphorous has a brilliant futureSiphorous has a brilliant futureSiphorous has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
As has been said above, your wife's sister is unlikely to be able to sponsor her via the Federal scheme, but do keep an eye on Alberta's Provincial Nominee Program - they used to have a Family Stream and she could have sponsored you both under that, but they stopped it in August 2010.

But it's worth keeping an eye out just in case it comes back at any point.

Good luck.
Looking at future options for myself, did BC ever have such a stream under their PNP? I'm guessing the answer will be a fat no eh
Old May 9th 2012, 1:20 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siphorous
Looking at future options for myself, did BC ever have such a stream under their PNP? I'm guessing the answer will be a fat no eh
No that I'm aware of - but you never know, maybe they will in the future. Failing that, convince your brother/sister to move to Manitoba.
Old May 9th 2012, 1:25 pm
Forum Regular

No that I'm aware of - but you never know, maybe they will in the future. Failing that, convince your brother/sister to move to Manitoba.

If only things were so simple

I'd have to find them out first - done a bit of researching via whitepages.ca and found that some of the near 20 year old addresses/numbers I still have appear to be those relatives!

Enough of de-railing the OP's thread though. Thanks for the answer!
Old May 10th 2012, 3:23 am
Forum Regular

Duckman is just really niceDuckman is just really niceDuckman is just really niceDuckman is just really niceDuckman is just really niceDuckman is just really niceDuckman is just really niceDuckman is just really nice

I wouldn't get hopes up, the minister of Immigration stated on 19 April:

Proposed changes to the economic immigration system include [..] shifting to a solely economic focus within the Provincial Nominee Program.
Which says to me that in all likelihood, BC PNP isn't getting a family stream, ANIP's isn't coming back, and Manitoba's is going away