Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

information regarding application request

information regarding application request

Old Jul 23rd 2005, 3:16 pm
Forum Regular

robwrx is a jewel in the roughrobwrx is a jewel in the roughrobwrx is a jewel in the roughrobwrx is a jewel in the roughrobwrx is a jewel in the rough
Default information regarding application request

Hi

Applying to emmigrate to Canada and could do with some guidance.

Our daughter is 20 years old and attending university here in UK, she will not be accompanying my wife and I as she still has a further two years to complete of her BSc degree course in UK.
We plan on getting a letter notarized stating she will not go to Canada with us and that we understand she would have to apply herself later if she wished to.
Will she still need photos, police checks and a medical ?

Thanks
Old Jul 23rd 2005, 3:33 pm
Forum Regular

Marcingy has a spectacular aura aboutMarcingy has a spectacular aura aboutMarcingy has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: information regarding application request

Given the length of time your application will take it is likely that she will be able to complete her degree and land within the year allowed after medicals. You don't all have to land at the same time. If you put her on the application and she decides not go to go you have lost nothing and if she does...
Originally Posted by robwrx
Hi

Our daughter is 20 years old and attending university here in UK, she will not be accompanying my wife and I as she still has a further two years to complete of her BSc degree course in UK.
We plan on getting a letter notarized stating she will not go to Canada with us and that we understand she would have to apply herself later if she wished to.

Thanks
Old Jul 23rd 2005, 3:39 pm
Forum Regular

robwrx is a jewel in the roughrobwrx is a jewel in the roughrobwrx is a jewel in the roughrobwrx is a jewel in the roughrobwrx is a jewel in the rough

Hiya
Thanks for reply

Yes you are probably right but you havent answered my question.

If you know the answer or can tell me where to find out this information without paying some immigration lawyer a fortune it would help.

Originally Posted by Marcingy
Given the length of time your application will take it is likely that she will be able to complete her degree and land within the year allowed after medicals. You don't all have to land at the same time. If you put her on the application and she decides not go to go you have lost nothing and if she does...
Old Jul 23rd 2005, 3:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

bhalerao is on a distinguished road

Hi there,

Regarding the photos, yes you have to declare all the family members whether they accompany u or not. For the meds and police checks it is not necessary for her to do so. All the members that accompany need their meds and police checks. I hope that this answers your question.
Old Jul 23rd 2005, 3:52 pm
Forum Regular

bobhope is on a distinguished road

The short answer is you do not have to have photos meds etc if you relinquish your rights to her coming out with you. A noterized letter should be ok.
Old Jul 23rd 2005, 3:52 pm
Just Joined

Allyson is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

Thanks
Hi, we have had a similar issue with children from my husbands first marriage. we asked them what they would like to do, as in whether we included them or not, and they all chose not to be included. The chc sent us a request to get a form notorised saying that none of them would be accompanying us, and that we were aware that should they change their minds in the future they would have to apply the same way as we did and we couldnt sponsor them. My husband went to a notary and got this stamped and we sent a copy to the chc and then they sent us medical requests for ourselves and the children who are coming with us. we did think as well that this would be a huge problem, but they just want to be sure that you know that if the children don't go through the relevant checks etc when you apply that they can't cut any corners later by having you sponsor them. However this doesn't mean that they can't apply to come to Canada, but they will have to take the usual long route that most people take, and to qualify on their own merit to get in.

Hope this helps
Allyson
Old Jul 23rd 2005, 4:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

bhalerao is on a distinguished road

Hey, Hey,

What the heck are you talking about. Pls, if you are the principal applicant and have children below 22 which is the case here, then you have to declare all the family members. You have to attach a photo on the Imm 0008 and also declare on the family declaration form. This is mandatory. Pls, dont try and mix up things. U have to declare everyone of your family members whether they accompany u or not. There is no need of any letter that you are talking about. I dont from where u guys get such information. Go the official website and read it carefully. That should help u lot.

Regards

Last edited by bhalerao; Jul 23rd 2005 at 4:03 pm.
Old Jul 23rd 2005, 4:40 pm
Forum Regular

Hiya Allyson

Just when I thought you had cleared up my dilemma, up pops our friend bhalerao asking what are you all talking about, and disagrees.

Did you send off a notarized letter and was this acceptable ?
BobHope also told me same as you so who is correct ?

Regards
Rob

Originally Posted by Allyson
Hi, we have had a similar issue with children from my husbands first marriage. we asked them what they would like to do, as in whether we included them or not, and they all chose not to be included. The chc sent us a request to get a form notorised saying that none of them would be accompanying us, and that we were aware that should they change their minds in the future they would have to apply the same way as we did and we couldnt sponsor them. My husband went to a notary and got this stamped and we sent a copy to the chc and then they sent us medical requests for ourselves and the children who are coming with us. we did think as well that this would be a huge problem, but they just want to be sure that you know that if the children don't go through the relevant checks etc when you apply that they can't cut any corners later by having you sponsor them. However this doesn't mean that they can't apply to come to Canada, but they will have to take the usual long route that most people take, and to qualify on their own merit to get in.

Hope this helps
Allyson
Old Jul 23rd 2005, 5:52 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Thanks

Would she like to go to Canada (or have the option to do so)?

If yes, then why on earth are you approaching things this way?

Just include her on the application, you'll have a year or two to wait anyway so her degree may be finished by the time visa is issued. And even if it's not, she can 'land' in Canada, go back to the UK for a few months to finish her studies, and then move at her leisure.

Provided she's in a position to spend 2 years in Canada during the first 5 years after getting residence (and every 2 years in 5 thereafter until she becomes a Canadian citizen.

Jeremy
Old Jul 24th 2005, 3:52 pm
Just Joined

Allyson is an unknown quantity at this point

Hiya Allyson

Just when I thought you had cleared up my dilemma, up pops our friend bhalerao asking what are you all talking about, and disagrees.

Did you send off a notarized letter and was this acceptable ?
BobHope also told me same as you so who is correct ?

Regards
Rob
Hi Rob

I don't know why he is accusing me of confusing things, all I can tell you is what happened with us. Initially we thought that this would be a huge problem for us but we spoke to someone from the chc at their stand in the emigrate show in surry and they told us of the existence of the form that would allow us to exclude them from our application. It is correct that you have to send information about them on your initial forms, but we didn't attach photos of them at that stage because we knew they had no interest in coming with us. We recieved a letter from chc in February this year requesting photos of them and a police check for the eldest as these hadn't been included in our application. I wrote a letter to chc explaining the situation again, we had included the explanation with our initial application as well. They then sent us a form to take to a notary public to state that we would not be including the children in our application, and that we were aware of the fact that we would not be able to sponsor them to apply to emigrate at any time in the future. This we did, returned a copy of the notarised letter to them, and we received our medical requests in May, which only included my husband, myself and the children that are coming with us to Canada.

Again I can only tell you what happened in the instance of our own application, and as yet we haven't recieved our pr visas, I don't know what your position is but perhaps you could visit chc in London, or attend the emigrate show in October and speak to someone there, but when we asked at the stand at the show the woman said that they come across issues like this quite often now and that it wouldn't stop us applying or qualifying for pr. Although they do prefer you to include everyone on your application because of the fact that you can't change your mind later I think.

I hope this helps, if I can answer any other queries for you I will try, or if you need me to be more specific about anything at all please ask.

Good luck

Allyson