Just Joined

bingo1829 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Incomplete TEF

My timeline for application for immigration as a skilled worker is:

Applied: Feb 2002
AOR: March 2002
IELTS: Oct. 2002
TEF: May 2003

I was getting 72 points. So to cover 3 points I took TEF. But only the obligatory part and I did not opt for the optional modules of writing and speaking. I got level 4 each in reading and listening thus becoming eligible for claiming 4 points for french. I submitted my TEF cert to CHC but they returned it as incomplete asking to resubmit with full results.

Now the next available date is in the last week of October'03. And 4 weeks more for result. That means I'll have to wait for almost 4-5 months more just to complete this formality of completing all the modules.

Can't CHC simply award zero points for the parts for which results are not submitted. Now though I am qualifying with 76 points but I'll have to wait.

Is there any way CHC can accept my cert for obligatory part only? Anyone else with the similar experience.

All thoughts appreciated.
Old Aug 14th 2003, 7:45 am
Forum Regular

rosina is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi ,

We have the same timeline .

A couple of questions though if that's OK: did CHC ask you specifically for IELTS ? We got an interview req. pink slip in September 2002 (time frame 15 to 20 months from AOR ). But no request for any tests or info . Applicant is British .

Appreciate any input . We live in the middle east .