Inadmissable To Canada

Old Aug 28th 2004, 5:51 am
Just Joined

SLOWJOE is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Inadmissable To Canada

How Long Does It Normally Take To Get A Temporary Resident Permit For People Who Are Inadmissable To Canada From The Canadian Embassy In Washington, D.c.?please Reply A.s.a.p. Sincerely,slowjoe
Old Aug 28th 2004, 5:58 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Inadmissable To Canada

There are not too many TRP issued there and nobody can really tell you how long it will take. Plus - each TRP application is unique and has to be carefully evaluated. Depending from reasons for inadmissibility other agencies may be asked for information and it may take quite some time.

Originally Posted by SLOWJOE
How Long Does It Normally Take To Get A Temporary Resident Permit For People Who Are Inadmissable To Canada From The Canadian Embassy In Washington, D.c.?please Reply A.s.a.p. Sincerely,slowjoe
Old Aug 29th 2004, 7:33 pm
Just Joined

Exclamation Re: Inadmissible To Canada

Can You Give Me A Estimated Of How Long It Normally Takes.they Received My Application On 16 July 2004 When Do You Thank I Should Receive A Answer?please Reply A.s.a.p.
Old Aug 29th 2004, 8:42 pm

Default Re: Inadmissible To Canada

Again - impossible to even guess as you didn't mention any basic information like reasons for inadmissibility, reasons for your presence in Canada, your nationality, countries you resided in, etc..

It may be anywhere between few weeks to several months or longer, depending from many factors. There is absolutely nothing **normal** with TRP - this permit is as very hard to get, less than 1,000 are granted a year worldwide and only if applicant's necessity to be in Canada greatly outweighs reasons for inadmissibility.

Can You Give Me A Estimated Of How Long It Normally Takes.they Received My Application On 16 July 2004 When Do You Thank I Should Receive A Answer?please Reply A.s.a.p.
Old Aug 29th 2004, 9:35 pm
Just Joined

I Am Inadmissable To Canada Because Of Past Criminal Record,i Am Trying To Get A Temporary Resident Permit So I Can Go To Work On A Cruise Ship,i Am From The United States(houston,texas)?please Reply A.s.a.p.
Old Aug 29th 2004, 10:20 pm

What did you apply for in the first place that resulted in you being found inadmissible?

I Am Inadmissable To Canada Because Of Past Criminal Record,i Am Trying To Get A Temporary Resident Permit So I Can Go To Work On A Cruise Ship,i Am From The United States(houston,texas)?please Reply A.s.a.p.
Old Aug 30th 2004, 2:32 am
Just Joined

The Cruise Line I Am Trying To Go To Work For Told Me To Get A Temporary Resident Permit For Canada Because Of My Criminal Record,once I Get It To Give Them A Call Back?please Reply A.s.a.p.
Old Aug 30th 2004, 2:47 am

It is irrelevant what the cruise line told you. I asked what **you** applied for that resulted in determination that you are inadmissible.

And also how did you apply for TRP in the first place? There is no application process for TRP to be initiated by applicants anyway - it is only when during processing application for TRV, Work or Study Permit, etc. it is discovered or determined that applicant is inadmissible and at that time officer may consider whether TRP is appropriate (when compelling needs to be in Canada outweigh reasons for inadmissibility). So, how did you apply for TRP? What is the full story here? It is important because you may not even have any TRP process in place.

The Cruise Line I Am Trying To Go To Work For Told Me To Get A Temporary Resident Permit For Canada Because Of My Criminal Record,once I Get It To Give Them A Call Back?please Reply A.s.a.p.
Old Aug 30th 2004, 3:05 am
Just Joined

Actually The Cruise Line Told Me Since I Had A Criminal Record That I Needed To Contact The Canadian Embassy,tell Them I Need A Letter Of Rehabilitation,i Did,they Told Me Since My Last Conviction Has Not Been Over 5 Years That I Need To Apply For A Temporary Resident Permit?please Reply A.s.a.p.
Old Aug 30th 2004, 3:11 am

So, what you applied for and how? You still didn't answer that basic question.

What form you used and how much fee you paid? What supporting documents you have submitted?

Actually The Cruise Line Told Me Since I Had A Criminal Record That I Needed To Contact The Canadian Embassy,tell Them I Need A Letter Of Rehabilitation,i Did,they Told Me Since My Last Conviction Has Not Been Over 5 Years That I Need To Apply For A Temporary Resident Permit?please Reply A.s.a.p.
Old Aug 30th 2004, 3:29 am
Just Joined

Completed Application Form,court Records Of My Convictions,arresting Officer's Report,official Document Describing The Termination Of My Sentence,three Letters From Respected Private Citizens,my Own Detailed Written Explanation Of The Circumstances Surrounding The Offence,a Police Certificate Issued Within The Last Three Months By The F.b.i.,police Certificate From Each Area Of Residence Since The Age Of 18,3 Passport-size Photographs,$150 U.s.d. Processing Fee
Old Aug 30th 2004, 3:47 am

What application form? For what? Application ID (IMM xxxxx)?

Completed Application Form,court Records Of My Convictions,arresting Officer's Report,official Document Describing The Termination Of My Sentence,three Letters From Respected Private Citizens,my Own Detailed Written Explanation Of The Circumstances Surrounding The Offence,a Police Certificate Issued Within The Last Three Months By The F.b.i.,police Certificate From Each Area Of Residence Since The Age Of 18,3 Passport-size Photographs,$150 U.s.d. Processing Fee
Old Aug 30th 2004, 3:56 am
Just Joined

Temporary Resident Visa,temporary Resident Permit,imm 5257(06-2002)b
Old Aug 30th 2004, 4:06 am

Now finally we are getting somewhere. You applied for TRV (IMM 5257) with a request for TRP consideration - now visa post will try to determine if the reasons for inadmissibility can be outweigh by **compelling need** to be present in Canada. Your reasons may or may not be found compelling enough and it may take quite a while to find it out. You may call them again to find out what is the progress if any. There are no fixed nor *normal* processing times for TRP and there are no statistics available showing past processing times, sorry.

You may want to read chapter of Immigration Manual that deals with TRP here:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/manuals-guides/...h/op/op20e.pdf

Temporary Resident Visa,temporary Resident Permit,imm 5257(06-2002)b