Wikiposts

Inactive TB and the CIC

Old Dec 8th 2010, 10:54 am
Forum Regular

Mdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really nice
Default Inactive TB and the CIC

Hi,

Does anyone have experience with how CIC Ottawa work with regard to medical reviews?

I had a 'abnormal chest x-ray' in August and was referred to a TB clinic in Toronto for further tests. This tests (sputum and history) were returned normal and it was determined that i did not have either active or inactive TB. I was discharged and the results were forwarded to my doctor and then to CIC Ottawa.

Today I received a letter from CIC saying that I have inactive TB and that I must call the Public Health Authority in order to protect the community. gulp !

Has anyone here have any idea as to what are the next steps for my PR application? Any advice or comments on what I can do would be welcome.. Il call the public health folks tomorrow.

Thanks,

Last edited by Mdunny; Dec 8th 2010 at 11:31 am. Reason: left out the word 'inactive'.. oops!
Old Dec 8th 2010, 11:29 am
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Inactive TB and the CIC

Did the letter actually say you have TB?
Or was it asking you to contact public health for monitoring ?

I believe that CIC can ask you to attend a monitoring clinic to check that you don't develop TB , as a condition of your PR, if they are at all unsure.

I think it's called a " public health undertaking" if you want to do a search on it.

It's highly unlikely that CIC would claim you have TB when they have medical evidence to the contrary, maybe you misunderstood the letter .
Old Dec 8th 2010, 11:37 am
Forum Regular

Mdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really nice
Default Re: Inactive TB and the CIC

I left out the word 'inactive' in my post... lol!

The letter said "Your immigration medical examination for entry to Canada has shown that you have inactive
tuberculosis (TB)."

I found this: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resourc...p/op15-eng.pdf which tells whats going on.

Basically, when my PR is granted it will be with the condition that i am under medical survellance like you suggest Zoe. thanks.

thats a good link if anyone else is in a similar situation btw..