Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Are City & Guilds certifactes needed for F.S.W. application.

Are City & Guilds certifactes needed for F.S.W. application.

Old Dec 8th 2010, 7:29 pm
Just Joined

ted34 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Are City & Guilds certifactes needed for F.S.W. application.

Hi Everyone,

Can anyone clear up a question I have about the whole application requirements.

I am applying under the F.S.W. route as I am a plumber with 24 years experience, at any point in the application process do I have to provide copies of my City & Guilds apprenticeship training certificates.

These have long since been mis-placed so it would be a headache trying to get copies.

Many Thanks

Ted
Old Dec 8th 2010, 7:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

CanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Are City & Guilds certifactes needed for F.S.W. application.

Originally Posted by ted34
I am applying under the F.S.W. route as I am a plumber with 24 years experience, at any point in the application process do I have to provide copies of my City & Guilds apprenticeship training certificates.
To get the Visa Office Checklist go to the FSW application pack page, then the Visa Office Checklist Section. If you look at the London Visa Office Checklist you'll see that they are required:

6. EDUCATION/TRAINING/QUALIFICATIONS
For you and your spouse or common-law partner:
• Post-secondary education documents: vocational or technical certificates or
diplomas;
• College or university documents: certification of completion and the
graduation degree, diploma, or certificate issued by the college or university and
the evaluation committee;
• Transcripts: original transcripts of all degrees must be submitted in universitysealed envelopes.
• Professional qualifications certificates: notarized professional qualifications
certificates should be submitted if available. (e.g., Engineer, Computer
Programmer, Accountant, Economist, Translator/Interpreter, Architect etc.)
Thats if you declare you had the training anywhere on the application anywhere. You will need to provide proof of any post-secondary education you put down.
Old Dec 8th 2010, 9:20 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Everyone,

These have long since been mis-placed so it would be a headache trying to get copies.

Many Thanks

Ted
OH had to get copies of his certificates, it wasn't that bad a headache but it did cost some money, can't remember how much now.
Old Dec 9th 2010, 10:48 am
Forum Regular

daisychain has a brilliant futuredaisychain has a brilliant futuredaisychain has a brilliant futuredaisychain has a brilliant futuredaisychain has a brilliant futuredaisychain has a brilliant future

My OH sent certified copies of his City and Guilds.

Good luck

DC
Old Dec 9th 2010, 12:12 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Are they your highest level of education i.e. what you are claiming points for? If so, then yes you definitely need to supply them. You have to show proof to back up your points.

Easy enough to get another copy though so don't worry about that.

Old Dec 9th 2010, 3:52 pm
Account Closed

fishbob9504 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Everyone,

Many Thanks

Ted
Just google "replace city and guilds" they have their own web site the replacement certificates are shown as £34 each !!!
hope that helps.
Bob.