Impending marraige to girlfriend

Old Aug 7th 2006, 6:15 pm
Forum Regular

Paratrooper is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Impending marraige to girlfriend

I met my present fiance 18 months ago, and I explained to her that I wanted to emmigrate to Canada. I took her to Cananda to meet my family and show her what it was all about, and the obvious happened! Given the short amount of time we had been together and the potentially long queues, we decided to submit independent applications (Sept and Nov 2005). we scored 77 and 72 points.

My question is this , if we were to get married, how would it affect the processing times of our applications, assuming that there were no problems either application. Would we stay on the current timeline of 36 months or would it push the application back.

I would be grateful for some advice
Old Aug 7th 2006, 6:25 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Impending marraige to girlfriend

Hi

Originally Posted by Paratrooper
I met my present fiance 18 months ago, and I explained to her that I wanted to emmigrate to Canada. I took her to Cananda to meet my family and show her what it was all about, and the obvious happened! Given the short amount of time we had been together and the potentially long queues, we decided to submit independent applications (Sept and Nov 2005). we scored 77 and 72 points.

My question is this , if we were to get married, how would it affect the processing times of our applications, assuming that there were no problems either application. Would we stay on the current timeline of 36 months or would it push the application back.

I would be grateful for some advice
It wouldn't effect the application, just inform CHC and withdraw one, add the spouse to the other with all required docs.
Old Aug 7th 2006, 6:31 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

It wouldn't effect the application, just inform CHC and withdraw one, add the spouse to the other with all required docs.
Thanks for the prompt advice. Just one other query. If the female is the principal applicant and we have a child, will CIC automatically make me the principal applicant or will she remain the principal applicant. I read somewhere that CIC would automatically put the female partner as the "housewife" and the male as the guy who brings home the "bacon".
Old Aug 7th 2006, 7:40 pm
Pinko lentil-hugger

Hipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to all

LOL, no, having a penis shouldn't make difference. She would remain the principal applicant, because knocking her up doesn't make her yours
Old Aug 7th 2006, 7:50 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Hipster Contrarian
LOL, no, having a penis shouldn't make difference. She would remain the principal applicant, because knocking her up doesn't make her yours
Thanks for that, I am just going to see if my dinner is ready!