Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Immigration and WP quota 2008 - read this article

Immigration and WP quota 2008 - read this article

Old Nov 27th 2009, 5:45 pm
Forum Regular

Mermaid3011 has a spectacular aura aboutMermaid3011 has a spectacular aura aboutMermaid3011 has a spectacular aura about
Default Immigration and WP quota 2008 - read this article

This "Annual Report on immigration to the Parliament" gives you an idea of how many PR's and WP's have been approved in 2008. The numbers in 2009 are supposed to be the same. It also shows how many immigrants were admitted from which country... quite intersting I find:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resourc...n2.asp#part2_1
Old Nov 28th 2009, 10:42 pm
Home Sweet Home

Biiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud of
Smile Re: Immigration and WP quota 2008 - read this article

Just had a good look at that! Thanks it was really interesting Some of the statistics are quite surprising aren't they?
Old Nov 28th 2009, 10:49 pm
Forum Regular

Mermaid3011 has a spectacular aura aboutMermaid3011 has a spectacular aura aboutMermaid3011 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Immigration and WP quota 2008 - read this article

Originally Posted by Biiba
Just had a good look at that! Thanks it was really interesting Some of the statistics are quite surprising aren't they?
absolutely

I also read on cic today that for 2010 the same numbers are targeted.

Just hope that my second PR application goes through quicker than the one I already submitted 1.5 yrs ago...
Old Nov 29th 2009, 2:02 pm
Home Sweet Home

Biiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud of

That's really interesting........

I honestly thought there would be a higher percentage of brits emigrating to Canada

By the way, my first visit to Canada was to Toronto, absolutely loved it! What a great city

Good luck with your application - hope it all works out well for you.
Old Nov 29th 2009, 4:51 pm
Forum Regular

PaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nice

Originally Posted by Biiba
That's really interesting........

I honestly thought there would be a higher percentage of brits emigrating to Canada
I thought that too. However, considering it, I think Brits have always prefered the U.S., Aus, NZ as a destination to emigrate to. I knew though that the Chinese have, by far, the highest number of emigrants to Canada. This stat hasn't changed for many years and won't do in the forseeable future due to family class admissions.

Looking at the inadmissability criteria for temporary residents in 2008, I was surprised that only 17 were barred for 'misrepresentation' (what I take to be lying on admission forms). I thought it would be a lot, lot higher.

Really interesting article. Thanks for posting.

Last edited by PaulOK; Nov 29th 2009 at 5:19 pm.
Old Nov 29th 2009, 9:20 pm
Home Sweet Home

Originally Posted by PaulOK
I thought that too. However, considering it, I think Brits have always prefered the U.S., Aus, NZ as a destination to emigrate to. .
yeah I know what you mean - when people find out I'm heading to Canada they look at me as though I've gone mad and I'm heading off to another planet
Old Nov 30th 2009, 5:40 pm
Corn Nibbler

cornmatthew has much to be proud ofcornmatthew has much to be proud ofcornmatthew has much to be proud ofcornmatthew has much to be proud ofcornmatthew has much to be proud ofcornmatthew has much to be proud ofcornmatthew has much to be proud ofcornmatthew has much to be proud ofcornmatthew has much to be proud ofcornmatthew has much to be proud ofcornmatthew has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by PaulOK
Looking at the inadmissability criteria for temporary residents in 2008, I was surprised that only 17 were barred for 'misrepresentation' (what I take to be lying on admission forms). I thought it would be a lot, lot higher.
That's not the number of people barred for misrepresentation. That table shows the number of people issued temporary resident permits to overcome each inadmissibility. In other words, 17 people were allowed into Canada despite being inadmissible for misrepresentation.