Immigration timing

Old Feb 26th 2004, 7:59 pm
Forum Regular

peterevanscott is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Immigration timing

I just sent in the package for sponsoring my wife to immigrate to Canada from the UK (sent in Feb. 11, 2004). I'm in Canada, she's remaining in the UK until the Permanent Residence visa is issued.

Two questions - anyone have any idea how fast these applications are being processed these days, assuming the application is straightforward with no request for an interview?

and,

Once the visa office asks my wife to provide her passport for the visa to be issued, is there any way to make that process faster? The visa office told me it can be done in a week if you show up personally on a Thursday afternoon, but I haven't heard this anywhere else.
Old Feb 27th 2004, 9:54 am
Forum Regular

contiv is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Immigration timing

There is a member here in a similar situation (she is in UK and is being sponsored by her husband from Montreal). Type Abby in the search field and you will get all her posts. For your convenience I copied and pasted here her timeline, which I believe should be the same as yours:

Hello there everyone,

I've had some further news so I thought I'd come back and update my timescales. I'm hoping this will be encouraging to those who are in the same position.

My husband who is a Canadian Citizen living in Montreal Quebec, is sponsoring me, I live in the UK.

20th Oct - Mailed joint application including proof of medical cert to CPC Mississauga

14 Nov - Sponsor received letter from CPC Mississauga acknowledging receipt of application advising that he had been approved. Info now being sent to the MRCI (Ministere des relations avec les citoyens et de l'Immigration)

24 Nov - I receive acknowledgement receipt from the High Commission London advising that the next step could be possible interview (advised waiting period of upto 6 months)

5th Dec - Sponsor received next set of forms from MRCI. I download my section from website and send to Sponsor to include with his - mailed forms to MRCI 20th Dec

29th Jan - Husband receives letter from MRCI saying both our applications are approved and enclosed is the Selection Certificate and before/after arrival check list for him to send to me. The interview is waivered and Mississauga and London have been informed of the decision.

We really cannot believe how quickly this has gone so hang in there everyone.

I'm going to post a question after this message asking how long can I expect to wait before London write to request my passport so if you have any ideas then I'd be grateful if you let me know.

I'll come back with further updates...if you have any questions then go ahead and ask, I'll try to help :-D

Regards

Abby

Godd Luck
contiv