Immigration to Quebec

Old Jan 20th 2012, 2:05 am
Just Joined

teaspoon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Immigration to Quebec

Does everyone is invited for an interview?
(I did the TCF test and my score is A1 (the lowest) but i have enough points.)
Old Jan 20th 2012, 3:26 am
BE Enthusiast

britsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Immigration to Quebec

They do not invite everyone to an interview,

With the new requirement to provide languange test results with your application they will probablably interview even less people.
Old Jan 24th 2012, 9:30 pm
Forum Regular

nerdherd is just really nicenerdherd is just really nicenerdherd is just really nicenerdherd is just really nicenerdherd is just really nicenerdherd is just really nicenerdherd is just really nicenerdherd is just really nicenerdherd is just really nice

I am a native French speaker, graduated from French uni. I applied for the CSQ and submitted all relevant French and English language tests. Mine was a very straightforward file with all relevant documents supplied. Also had enough points...

And I still got called for an interview! The immigration officer basically checked every single original piece of paperwork. He confirmed early on in the interview that there was no problems me getting the CSQ, but they still call people in anyway. I guess they just like being thorough.

From what I have read on another emigration forum (http://www.immigrer.com/), the lucky few who do not get called for an interview are the ones with priority files (= jobs on the Québec high demand list) - if that is your case and you have some French, you may be lucky and get your CSQ with no interview.

Regardless - go for it, the interview process is stressful but nothing to fear in the end.
Old Jul 4th 2012, 12:40 am
Just Joined

Pretty26 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by teaspoon
Does everyone is invited for an interview?
(I did the TCF test and my score is A1 (the lowest) but i have enough points.)
HI.
I am planing to migrate to Quebec and i have to do the French test and attain at least A2 to gain 4 points. I just wanted to know how did you prepare for the test? I had studied French at my school for 2 years. I guess we have to focus on listening and speaking for the test. can we easily score A1 or A2? I hope you would be able to provide some information about the French Test to me so i can prepare according to that. thanks
Old Jul 4th 2012, 1:39 am
Forum Regular

andy85 is an unknown quantity at this point

If you want to succeed in Quebec just make you're 100% fluent, preferably have a French name and a Quebecois accent or good luck! It's a great place though...apart from that!