Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Immigration to Canada for Russians through Mexico

Immigration to Canada for Russians through Mexico

Old Oct 19th 2002, 11:05 pm
Forum Regular

annajri is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Immigration to Canada for Russians through Mexico

Hello!

I'd be happy to get an answer for the following:

I'm a Russian citizen under study permit in Canada, want to apply for permanent residence through Mexico. Not just because I heard about fast processing times but also because I'll have a person (a Mexican lawyer) who may help me although he'll not represent me officially. Also, it's difficult for me to obtain US visa because of reciprosity regulations that are in effect in US against Russia. The questions are:

1. Will my case get "special attention" that will delay processing time or make officer go in every detail of my application and verify all information? I have something in my application that may seem questionnalble - although everything is in fact OK - for example, I have full-time work experience and in the same time full-time university. That is actually common for Russia where students do not have fund to live unless they work full-time or have rich parents (not my case:-).

2. Based on current experiences, what may be processing time for my case?

3. Is it better to state these reasons in an additional letter with my application to explain why I apply in Mexico.

Thanks a lot!!!