immigration to canada

Old Jun 24th 2012, 7:41 pm
Just Joined

Pretty26 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default immigration to canada

hi ..
i am lookin forward to migrate to canada from UK. i have searched loads online regardig this and i ended up wid a consultancy called city visas, dat has given me an option to choose to immigrate to canada through temporary work visa rather than Fedral skilled worker. and they have gauranteed that they would b able to find me a job between 6 weeks and den would start on the work permit process which will take abt 3 months. and they aslo mentioned that is i get a work ermit.. dat wud b of maximum 3 years. and then after that i could claim for PR.
i am a bit confused abt this. as some of my friends who have gone to canada , dey mentioned that they could apply for PR after1 yr of work in the UK. i would also like to know, whether there r oppurtunites for IT jobs der, i have done my B.E in computer science Engineering, Done a Proffesional Oracle course in india and then have completed my masters in Information systems and business management in the UK. and i do not have any experience either in the UK or india.

it would be great if some one could guide me or advise me regarding this..

thank you
Old Jun 24th 2012, 8:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: immigration to canada

suggest you check the wiki out in blue band above and also check CIC out
Old Jun 24th 2012, 8:21 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Silverdragon102
suggest you check the wiki out in blue band above and also check CIC out
thank u so much.. i will have a look at that...
Old Jun 24th 2012, 9:09 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pretty26
hi ..
i am lookin forward to migrate to canada from UK. i have searched loads online regardig this and i ended up wid a consultancy called city visas, dat has given me an option to choose to immigrate to canada through temporary work visa rather than Fedral skilled worker. and they have gauranteed that they would b able to find me a job between 6 weeks and den would start on the work permit process which will take abt 3 months. and they aslo mentioned that is i get a work ermit.. dat wud b of maximum 3 years. and then after that i could claim for PR.
i am a bit confused abt this. as some of my friends who have gone to canada , dey mentioned that they could apply for PR after1 yr of work in the UK. i would also like to know, whether there r oppurtunites for IT jobs der, i have done my B.E in computer science Engineering, Done a Proffesional Oracle course in india and then have completed my masters in Information systems and business management in the UK. and i do not have any experience either in the UK or india.

it would be great if some one could guide me or advise me regarding this..

thank you
You may also want to check IELTS out, as you'll have to pass it.
Old Jun 24th 2012, 10:29 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Aviator
You may also want to check IELTS out, as you'll have to pass it.
thank u..but the consultant had not mentioned to me abt this.
even thought its needed.. that would not be a problem for me.. but what i am concerned is whether this consultancy is genuine or not. and whether they would fake abt the job offer and as they have charges fr the visa process and also for finding me a job. the total charge is £800
Old Jun 25th 2012, 12:49 am
Eager Beaver!

umpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to say this but with your spelling and grammar it will be a major problem for you
Old Jun 25th 2012, 8:04 am
Just Joined

info-gc is an unknown quantity at this point

thank u..but the consultant had not mentioned to me abt this.
I am having serious concerns about your consultant.
Old Jun 25th 2012, 9:23 am
BE Enthusiast

scribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of light

....and they have gauranteed that they would b able to find me a job between 6 weeks and den would start on the work permit process which will take abt 3 months.....
I have no idea who these people are, but this would start to ring alarm bells to me.

Have you given them any money?

It sounds like you are thinking of paying them to find you a job which is illegal, and without questionable means I doubt the can guarantee anything.
Old Jun 25th 2012, 9:24 am
BE Enthusiast

scribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of light

Also, you would need an LMO before and TWP can be issued and an LMO is not a done deal even if you have a company willing to employ you.
Old Jun 25th 2012, 9:53 am
Forum Regular

Siphorous has a brilliant futureSiphorous has a brilliant futureSiphorous has a brilliant futureSiphorous has a brilliant futureSiphorous has a brilliant futureSiphorous has a brilliant futureSiphorous has a brilliant futureSiphorous has a brilliant future

Also, ask them if they (or the individual consultants) are registered with the ICCRC - if they are not, they cannot represent you (if you are/will be paying them).

http://www.iccrc-crcic.ca/home.cfm

See CIC's faq too about questions regarding consultants:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...tative/faq.asp
Old Jun 25th 2012, 2:48 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by scribe123
I have no idea who these people are, but this would start to ring alarm bells to me.

Have you given them any money?

It sounds like you are thinking of paying them to find you a job which is illegal, and without questionable means I doubt the can guarantee anything.
hi. i am planning to pay and go forward with this only once i have got enough information and been guaranteed that everything that i am doing is under legal circumstances. about the jobs, i have also read that some of the employers in canada, pay the consultants to find out foreign workers for their company for the positions which the PR/citizens of canada are not ready to work. my friend has been to canada through a agency, so now thinking of going through the same agency.hopefully something should work out. thank you
Old Jun 25th 2012, 3:43 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, and welcome to BE.

I would strongly suggest you do a search of the forum for City Visas, and read what's been said about them in the past - they have an awful reputation. Note that it illegal for them to charge you anything for helping you to find a job, so if they are proposing to do so, then walk away.

Remember that a TWP form is only 2 or 3 pages long, so ask them exactly what they are proposing to do for $800?!

Although the consultant isn't wrong to not have mentioned IELTS, as it's not required for a TWP application, so not something you'll have to do at this stage.

Good luck.
Old Jun 25th 2012, 7:43 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Hi, and welcome to BE.

I would strongly suggest you do a search of the forum for City Visas, and read what's been said about them in the past - they have an awful reputation. Note that it illegal for them to charge you anything for helping you to find a job, so if they are proposing to do so, then walk away.

Remember that a TWP form is only 2 or 3 pages long, so ask them exactly what they are proposing to do for $800?!

Although the consultant isn't wrong to not have mentioned IELTS, as it's not required for a TWP application, so not something you'll have to do at this stage.

Good luck.
Thank u soo much for your advice. I will do a research on city visas, or i may try going directly through a consultant who is in canada, who is my friends's friend. Hope he wud b able to help
Old Jun 25th 2012, 8:07 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Thank u soo much for your advice. I will do a research on city visas, or i may try going directly through a consultant who is in canada, who is my friends's friend. Hope he wud b able to help
Not if you need a job offer he can't - as above, it would be illegal for him to charge you to help you find a job. He can help with visa paperwork, but as the TWP form is only 2 or 3 pages long, it's normally something you'd do yourself.

If you need a job offer to get a visa, then best thing to do is find it yourself - have a read of the Job Hunting section of the Wiki to understand how to go about it.

Good luck.
Old Jun 25th 2012, 8:56 pm
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

Anything HE can do YOU can do better! Stop putting your faith in 'someone' else and try it yourself. Why do you want to pay some 'loser' when you can do it yourself? It might help for the future though if you could write "proper" questions on here and save the text semi-English for the MSM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.