immigration agents

Old Jul 13th 2007, 9:41 am
BE Enthusiast

clairemarie70 has a brilliant futureclairemarie70 has a brilliant futureclairemarie70 has a brilliant futureclairemarie70 has a brilliant futureclairemarie70 has a brilliant futureclairemarie70 has a brilliant future
Default immigration agents

has anyone used the immigration agents to emmigrate...as i have looked into this and im frightened of being ripped off... we want to come to ontario asap. i have looked at one company who want to charge £5k for the privilage and there are so many of these companies. if anyone has used a good company without any probs from the uk please would u let me know
thanx
Old Jul 13th 2007, 10:28 am
BE Forum Addict

simon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud of
Default Re: immigration agents

Originally Posted by clairemarie70
has anyone used the immigration agents to emmigrate...as i have looked into this and im frightened of being ripped off... we want to come to ontario asap. i have looked at one company who want to charge £5k for the privilage and there are so many of these companies. if anyone has used a good company without any probs from the uk please would u let me know
thanx
Hi Clairemaire,

Have a look at: http://www.akcanada.com/index.cfm

We used them and in total their fees came to about £1500. They were very good throughout.

Simon & Laura
Old Jul 13th 2007, 2:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

clairemarie70 has a brilliant futureclairemarie70 has a brilliant futureclairemarie70 has a brilliant futureclairemarie70 has a brilliant futureclairemarie70 has a brilliant futureclairemarie70 has a brilliant future

hi, thanx for your reply would u tell me what they did for you
Old Jul 13th 2007, 4:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

simon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud of

hi, thanx for your reply would u tell me what they did for you
No problemo,

They carried out a free initial assessment of our points and then invited us to retain their services.

Please bear in mind we applied under the old system.

They provided us with the forms (which you can get from CHC anyway) and guidance on how to complete them. They quality assured everything we completed, checking for typos, inconsistent information, etc.

They recommended things like:
  • getting original transcripts for our Uni qualifications, and
  • sitting an IELTS language test, to reduce the chance of being invited for interview,
They read and approved all our letters of reference and only finally submitted our application when they were sure it was as good as it could get.

I guess we could have done all of this (and with hindsight could have made a thorough job) however, we wanted to get this right first time and not have our application 'bounced' because we were missing information.

Over the 2.5 years of our application, they kept us informed of progress where relevant and always answered our questions (no matter how trivial) within one working day.

On the one occasion we needed them to write to CHC, challenging a request for a form we had already sent, they did so promptly and without argument.

All I can say is that we have been entirely satisfied with the service they provided.

Over to you. By all means, shop around and make your own decision how you apply and who you use.
Whatever you decide, Good luck.

Simon & Laura
Old Jul 13th 2007, 5:01 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Whoever you use - do make sure that their advisors are members of the Canadian Society of Immigration Consultants. This is the official licensing authority and only its members (and lawyers) can legally advise and represent you for a fee.
Old Jul 13th 2007, 8:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

mandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to behold
Cool Re: immigration agents

thanx
Hi Clairemarie,are you coming on WP or PR ? The company we used didnt charge us anything.They found us jobs and did all the LMO and WP for us etc.The companies that hire you are charged instead.
If we go PR though they want around $6000 for a family of 5.
I know alot of people who have came over with them and i even became good friends with them. Please fell free to PM me for more details.

Mandi
Old Jul 13th 2007, 9:12 pm
throw caution to the wind

louise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond repute

thanx
Haven't you already applied? I know you can employ a consultant at any time but if you've already done the legwork yourself, why would you pay someone?
Old Jul 13th 2007, 10:43 pm
Just Joined

yanansi is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mandi moo
Hi Clairemarie,are you coming on WP or PR ? The company we used didnt charge us anything.They found us jobs and did all the LMO and WP for us etc.The companies that hire you are charged instead.
If we go PR though they want around $6000 for a family of 5.
I know alot of people who have came over with them and i even became good friends with them. Please fell free to PM me for more details.

Mandi
hi mandi

would you mind pm me the company you refer in your post, much appreciate.
Old Jul 15th 2007, 10:57 am
Every day's a school day

cheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by simon876
No problemo,

They carried out a free initial assessment of our points and then invited us to retain their services.

They provided us with the forms (which you can get from CHC anyway) and guidance on how to complete them. They quality assured everything we completed, checking for typos, inconsistent information, etc.

• sitting an IELTS language test, to reduce the chance of being invited for interview,
They read and approved all our letters of reference and only finally submitted our application when they were sure it was as good as it could get.

I guess we could have done all of this (and with hindsight could have made a thorough job) however, we wanted to get this right first time and not have our application 'bounced' because we were missing information.

Over the 2.5 years of our application, they kept us informed of progress where relevant and always answered our questions (no matter how trivial) within one working day.

On the one occasion we needed them to write to CHC, challenging a request for a form we had already sent, they did so promptly and without argument.

All I can say is that we have been entirely satisfied with the service they provided.

Over to you. By all means, shop around and make your own decision how you apply and who you use.
Whatever you decide, Good luck.

Simon & Laura
i find this very interesting..we are using the same consultants..and have found them worse than useless!!!:curse:
we requested them to contact CHC on our behalf to chase medicals and /or update as to our case progression...the result was they flately refused!..stating they would not be willing to do so until 55 months had elapsed from the date of our AOR..and also not to contact them direct?
my advice would be do it yourself and save the money..wish i had!
Old Jul 15th 2007, 12:48 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

You applied in 2004 - it means under current law which is in force since 2002

1. Transcripts are mandatory and should be required by agent, not just "recommended".

2. As for IELTS - under current law (in force since 2002) interview cannot be used to evaluate language ability, thus your agent wasn't much up to date with the law. Immigration Manual, Chapter OP6 in section 10.4 states very clearly:

Officers may no longer assess language proficiency at interview;

Also, asking native English speakers (if you are born, raised, educated and gained work experience in UK) is simply crazy and together with b.s. about interview risk for assessing language ability gives your agent a very low marks ...

Just my 2 cents...

Last edited by Andrew Miller; Jul 15th 2007 at 1:03 pm.