Immigration Advice Needed

Old Nov 19th 2017, 8:36 am
Just Joined

Cburns85 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Immigration Advice Needed

Hi there me and my husband have recently been looking at relocating to Canada permanently, More specifically Calgary/Alberta. I am 27 my Husband is 32 and we have 2 Daughter aged 7 and 3. We have checked eligibilty and are looking at applying through the fedral skills worker programme. My Husband doesn't have any qualifications only GCSE's in English, Maths, Science and Art at low grade However he as one year military service and 15 years of sales experience up to store manager level Currently working as a store manager for Virgin Media. I however do have qualifications which are the following, NVQ diploma level 1 and 2 in Childcare and education, Level 2 diploma in adult social care and I have had work experience within schools as a teaching assistant. currently at present I successfully run my own childminding buisiness from home and also hold a qualification in this also. We would like any advice on whether these qualifications/experience would be any good at allowing us to relocate there? What areas would people reccomend that is good for families, affordable housing, jobs and schooling? we have been looking at Airdrie. What would be the first steps of the application and realistically how much money would it cost to fund the process? How much do we need in the bank and is it better to buy over there or rent to start with? How long is the process usually? Any advice for the above or anything else you feel would be an help to us please feel free to reply.
Old Nov 19th 2017, 9:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Immigration Advice Needed

The 1st thing is to see if either of you score 67 or over using this link
Selection factors: federal skilled workers

If neither score 67 or over then the Federal Skilled Worker route is OUT.

If you do then you will need at least 425 point plus on this next link to get an Invitation To Apply
Entry criteria and the Comprehensive Ranking System

If not then FSW is unlikely.

As one of you is only 27 then you would be eligible for the IEC working holiday programme which get you a 2 year work permit however for the husband to be able to work your job must be in skill level 0, A or B on the NOC list once you have secured work in Canada which at this moments its impossible to say.
Find out if you’re eligible – International Experience Canada

For now do the FSW scores and CRS to see if you qualify.
NVQ qualifications are basically worthless.