immigrating need advice

Old Oct 7th 2007, 10:32 pm
Forum Regular

anne-ireland has a brilliant futureanne-ireland has a brilliant futureanne-ireland has a brilliant futureanne-ireland has a brilliant futureanne-ireland has a brilliant futureanne-ireland has a brilliant futureanne-ireland has a brilliant future
Post immigrating need advice

hi hubby, myself and two kids thinking of immigrating under the skilled worker programme, company in dublin will organise a job for him, he is bricklayer, however my husband has a heart condition, doesnt stop him working, but is still there, company seem to think this is ok, wondering does anyone have any advice or experience much appreciated.

one other thing i am a social care worker with over 10 years experience and an ordinary degree in social care, does anyone know if much work in this area thanks
Old Oct 8th 2007, 5:39 am
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: immigrating need advice

Originally Posted by anne-ireland
hi hubby, myself and two kids thinking of immigrating under the skilled worker programme, company in dublin will organise a job for him, he is bricklayer, however my husband has a heart condition, doesnt stop him working, but is still there, company seem to think this is ok, wondering does anyone have any advice or experience much appreciated.

one other thing i am a social care worker with over 10 years experience and an ordinary degree in social care, does anyone know if much work in this area thanks
Hi Annie

Welcome to the site.

For a WP then I wouldnt think that the Heart problem would be a problem for your hubby coming to work in Canada - however should you get to the med stage of a PR visa then it could post some kind of problem then.

Your question regarding your own profession would be easier to advise on should people know where abouts you are going to settle.
Old Oct 8th 2007, 6:09 am
Forum Regular

anne-ireland has a brilliant futureanne-ireland has a brilliant futureanne-ireland has a brilliant futureanne-ireland has a brilliant futureanne-ireland has a brilliant futureanne-ireland has a brilliant futureanne-ireland has a brilliant future
Post Re: immigrating need advice

thanks for that , another question from very confused, if you go out on skilled worker programme do you have to apply for permanent residency and what are the benefits, dont know where going yet talk, is of calgary think would prefer ontario, anyone know of need for bricklayers in either of these areas
Old Oct 8th 2007, 6:34 am
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for that , another question from very confused, if you go out on skilled worker programme do you have to apply for permanent residency and what are the benefits, dont know where going yet talk, is of calgary think would prefer ontario, anyone know of need for bricklayers in either of these areas
Hi Anne

Think I may have confused you too

If you go for a Skilled Workers Visa - this is for Perm Residency. if your hubby secured a job before getting a PR visa then he would be able to go out on a Temp Work Permit. If you go out on a TWP then you dont have to apply for a PR visa you can go out there for a period of time to work and live.

Obviously the TWP is only a ticket to live for a certain amount of time and if you get a TWP for a couple of years and then are unable to obtain an extension of the TWP then you would have to leave the country - this is the down side. If you had a PR visa you wouldnt have a time limit as to how long you would be able to stay - you just then clock up your days to being able to take citizenship.

However, whilst you are out there there is nothing to stop you submitting a PR application and including evidence of your hubby working - this will give you extra points for the employment factor. Send a "full" application instead of a "simplified" application to London and these at the mo are being given priority or being fast tracked (as you will hear people mention) ie instead of the quoted 4-5 year wait for PR this will cut down you wait to round a year.

Alberta has a huge labour shortage at the mo - the province is growing and there are no skilled workers to fill the shortages in the labour market. HRDSC are also running courses (in Southern Alberta near me) to show employers how easy it is for them to recruit and bring in foreign workers to fill those shortages.

The building (or constrution) industry is going through the roof and there are so many buildings being put up now that most trades men have as much work as they need.

HTH

Gaynor
x
Old Oct 8th 2007, 6:47 am
Forum Regular

Smile Re: immigrating need advice

hi gaynor

thanks a mil for that, has made it a alot clearer, is the medical a problem for the temporary work permit? will ring the agency today and talk to them about it, will check out alberta for jobs in my field, get the process moving hopefully be in canada in 2008
Old Oct 8th 2007, 6:57 am
BE Forum Addict

hi gaynor

thanks a mil for that, has made it a alot clearer, is the medical a problem for the temporary work permit? will ring the agency today and talk to them about it, will check out alberta for jobs in my field, get the process moving hopefully be in canada in 2008
If it is your hubby who applies for the TWP then he ont need a medical to be a brickie.

Anything Health/social care seems to be available in BC or Alberta so check these out. Do a search for the different health authorities in the province and dont just go for the major cities as you may find the house prices more pricey than in the smaller towns.

Do your research in different areas of the provinces which you kind of like and then take it from there - there will be somewhere out there just waiting to be perfect for you.

Good Luck

Gaynorx